Subject: Proposed charter for this WG

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 22:46:48 +0200

Here is a proposed charter for this WG.
It will be sent out for general IETF review shortly.

                 Harald, speaking as responsible AD
-------------------------------------------------------------

Working group name

    IAB and IESG Selection, Confirmation, and Recall Process: Operation
    of the Nominating and Recall Committees (NOMCOM)

Chair(s)

    Avri Doria <[email-masked]>

Area and Area Director(s)

    Area:  General

    Responsible Area Director:  Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>

Mailing list

    To Post:       [email-masked]
    To Subscribe:  [email-masked]
                   (subscribe in the body)
    Archive:       http://lists.elistx.com/archives/ietf-nomcom/

Description of working group

    RFC2727 (BCP10) specifies the process by which the members of the
    IAB and IESG are selected, confirmed, and recalled.  It has been 2
    years and 3 nominating committees since the document was updated.
    The experience has identified a number of areas where the process
    could be both improved by additional clarifications and updated with
    additional guidance.

    This working group will consider all such clarifications and
    suggestions and produce a revision to RFC2727.  However, the basic
    mechanism of selection, confirmation, and recall will not be changed
    by this group.  It is only concerned with the details of the current
    process.

    The input document will be draft-galvin-rfc2727bis-00.txt.

Milestones

    May 2002       Revised I-D published

    July 2002      Revised I-D published, WG Last Call started

    August 2002      Submission to IESG for publication