Subject: RE: Proposals for closing open issues

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 14:37:43 -0500

Posting as an interested individual:

> >The information should not be confidential.  It should be published.
> 
> Specifically, it should be published as part of the announcement 
> information, rather than as part of the solicitation for nominations.

I disagree.  I think that the qualifications should be posted as part
of the call for nominations.
 
> Rationale:  While the information is important for the IETF 
> participants to understand the choices, publishing it prior to the 
> nomcom making a choice may result less than useful public discussion 
> of that criteria and thrashing (as in "page thrashing") of the process.

Rationale: I believe that it would valuable for the community to 
provide feedback on the qualifications required for leadership 
positions _before_ the leaders are chosen to fill them.  I also 
think that posting the qualifications might help the community
to identify and represent qualified nominees.

Margaret

---

From: Jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 19:53:36 -0800

Margaret and all,

  I agree with Margaret  here.  I would add that what the minimum
qualifications should be delineated as well as verification by a neutral
third party as to the validity of the potential candidates claimed
qualifications listed....

[email-masked] wrote:

> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> To subscribe or unsubscribe from this elist use the subscription
> manager: <http://lists.elistx.com/subscribe>

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)
"Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" -
    Pierre Abelard
"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B; liability
depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by P: i.e., whether B is
less than PL." United States v. Carroll Towing (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
===============================================================
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
E-Mail [email-masked]
Contact Number: 214-244-4827 or 214-244-3801