Subject: [ietf-nomcom] [Fwd: ICANN Policy Update - August 2008]

From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 21:17:30 -0700

All,

  As an FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: ICANN Policy Update - August 2008
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:56:55 -0400
From: ICANN Policy Update <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

ICANN

Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers

http://www.icann.org/

Policy Update

http://www.icann.org/topics/policy/

Issue 6 - August 2008
________________________________

Contents

1. YOUR COMMENTS NEEDED ON POLICY ISSUES
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#1 

2. ICANN POLICY INFORMATION AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#2 

3. IMPROVING THE GNSO - AND ASSIGNING COUNCIL SEATS
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#3 

4. WHOIS - TO STUDY OR NOT TO STUDY?
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#4 

5. MAKING IT EASIER TO TRANSFER DOMAINS BETWEEN REGISTRARS
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#5 

6. HOW SHOULD WE DEAL WITH FAST FLUXING CYBERCRIMINALS?
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#6  

7. DOMAIN NAME FRONT RUNNING - IF IT'S PREVALENT, WHAT SHOULD BE DONE
ABOUT IT? http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#7 

8. INTERNATIONALIZNG COUNTRY CODE TOP LEVEL DOMAINS
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#8 

9. IS IT TIME TO RE-CONSIDER ICANN'S GEOGRAPHIC REGIONS?
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#9 

10. CCNSO WELCOMES .DZ, .AM
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#10 

11. CCNSO IMPROVEMENT PLAN UNDERWAY
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#11  

12. AT-LARGE INVOLVEMENT IN ICANN CONTINUES TO GROW
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#12 

13. AT-LARGE - BRINGING AN INDIVIDUAL USER PERSPECTIVE TO POLICY
DEVELOPMENT http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-
aug08.htm#13  

14. AT-LARGE ELECTIONS AND APPOINTMENTS
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#14 

15. NEW GLOBAL ASN POLICY TO BE IMPLEMENTED, FUTURE OF GLOBAL IPV4
POLICY UNCLEAR
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#15  

16. SSAC WORKING ON DNSSEC STATUS REPORT
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#16  

17. SSAC ANALYZES PHISHING
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#17  

18. SSAC REPORTS AND ADVISORIES AT A GLANCE
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/policy/update-aug08.htm#18  

The ICANN Policy Update contains brief summaries of issues being
addressed by the ICANN community's bottom-up policy development
structure, as well as information on related policy development
activities. The ICANN Policy Staff provides monthly updates in response
to requests from the community for periodic summaries of ICANN's policy
work. The goal of the Policy Update is to maximize transparency and
encourage broad community participation in ICANN's policy development
activities.

Links to additional information are included and readers are encouraged
to go beyond these brief summaries to learn more about the ICANN
community's work. As always, the Policy Staff welcomes comments and
suggestions on how to improve its policy communications efforts. Please
send these comments to [email-masked].

This message was sent by: ICANN, 4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
, Marina del Rey, CA 90292-6601

Powered by iContact: http://freetrial.icontact.com

Manage your subscription:
http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=11039061&l=6333&s=2K7Z&m=168046&c=165637

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
"Obedience of the law is the greatest freedom" -
   Abraham Lincoln

"Credit should go with the performance of duty and not with what is
very often the accident of glory" - Theodore Roosevelt

"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
United States v. Carroll Towing  (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
===============================================================
Updated 1/26/04
CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security IDNS.
div. of Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail
[email-masked]
My Phone: 214-244-4827
_______________________________________________
ietf-nomcom mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-nomcom