Subject: Proposed new MIME type
From: tim.ocock at symbian.com ([email-masked])
Date: Tue Jan 3 16:22:34 2006

Here at Symbian, our subsidiary, UIQ Technologies (www.uiq.com) would like 
to propose the creation of a new MIME type for classification of "theme" 
(or "skin") files used for personalisation of the user interface.

The MIME type we are proposing is:

application/vnd.uiq.theme

I offer my apologies if at any time we have mistakenly not followed any 
correct procedure. We have found it difficult to find information about 
MIME type registration and are following the instructions in rfc1590, 
having not been able to ascertain if there are any more recent 
instructions than that.

I appreciate your feedback. 

Best regards,
Tim Ocock
Technology Acquisition Specialist
Symbian Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7563 2039

**********************************************************************
Symbian Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 01796587 and registered office at 19 Harcourt Street, London, W1H 4HF, UK.
This message is intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please notify [email-masked] and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it immediately. Symbian does not accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message in transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in compliance with Symbian corporate policy.
**********************************************************************

From: tim.ocock at symbian.com ([email-masked])
Date: Mon Mar 10 11:36:54 2003
Subject: Proposed new MIME type
Message-ID: <OFF04840B7.AD59CECE-ON80256CE5.003A3729@intra>

Here at Symbian, our subsidiary, UIQ Technologies (www.uiq.com) would like 
to propose the creation of a new MIME type for classification of "theme" 
(or "skin") files used for personalisation of the user interface.

The MIME type we are proposing is:

application/vnd.uiq.theme

I offer my apologies if at any time we have mistakenly not followed any 
correct procedure. We have found it difficult to find information about 
MIME type registration and are following the instructions in rfc1590, 
having not been able to ascertain if there are any more recent 
instructions than that.

I appreciate your feedback. 

Best regards,
Tim Ocock
Technology Acquisition Specialist
Symbian Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7563 2039

**********************************************************************
Symbian Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 01796587 and registered office at 19 Harcourt Street, London, W1H 4HF, UK.
This message is intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please notify [email-masked] and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it immediately. Symbian does not accept liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message in transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in compliance with Symbian corporate policy.
**********************************************************************