Subject: [ietf-types] request for review: text/mizar

From: Jesse Alama <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 13:16:30 +0000

(Reposted to [email-masked] rather than [email-masked],
to which it was [wrongly] initially submitted, and thus my have
hampered discussion about the proposed MIME type.

What follows is the result of completing the form at
http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl .)
======================================================================
Name : Jesse Alama

Email : j.alama at fct.unl.pt

MIME media type name : text

MIME subtype name : Standards Tree -mizar

Required parameters : none

Optional parameters :
none

Encoding considerations : 7bit

Security considerations :
none

Interoperability considerations :

Published specification :
A. Grabowski, A. Kornilowicz, and A. Naumowicz, "Mizar in a Nutshell",
Journal of Formalized Reasoning 3(2), 2010, pp. 153--245.

Applications which use this media :
The mizar suite of tools

Additional information :

1. Magic number(s) : none
2. File extension(s) : .miz
3. Macintosh file type code : none
4. Object Identifiers: none

Window clipboard flavor: "Mizar"
Macintosh Uniform Type Identifier: "org.mizar" conforms to "public.text"

The mizar language is a language for formalized mathematical documents.
Authors use this language to express definitions of mathematical
concepts, and express and proof formal mathematical statements. The
language has been developed since the 1970s and today is used in
teaching logic and mathematics in various high school and university
settings. The library of mathematical knowledge formalized in the mizar
language, the Mizar Mathematical Library, consists (at the time of
application) of more than 1100 "articles" which, like an ordinary
mathematical article in a journal, are coherent presentations and
developments of mathematics.

Person to contact for further information :

1. Name : Jesse Alama
2. Email : j.alama at fct.unl.pt

Intended usage : Common
This media type is intended to be used by text editors and affiliated
programs that read text (e.g., web browsers).

Author/Change controller : Adam Naumowicz
Association of Mizar Users
sum at mizar.uwb.edu.pl

-- 
Jesse Alama
http://centria.di.fct.unl.pt/~alama/