Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rfced-exp-cosmo-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 14:47:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Distributed Robots: a Technology for Fast Web Indexing
	Author(s)	: R. Di Cosmo, P. Lopez
	Filename	: draft-rfced-exp-cosmo-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 04-Mar-98
	
  We propose a protocol (the Remote Update Protocol, RUP) for
  cooperation between Web Servers and Web Robots in order to
  increase the reliability of Web indexing, and decrease the load
  both on the server and the robot side. If the servers conform to
  the RUP protocol, the task of the Robot will appear to be
  distributed between the servers that it consults - for that
  reason we choose to call this note ``Distributed Robots``.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rfced-exp-cosmo-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rfced-exp-cosmo-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rfced-exp-cosmo-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.