Subject: Kerberos

From: Youngnan Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 14:03:45 -0600 (CST)

RFC 1510 and draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-revisions-01.txt 
define "enc-authorization-data" field as following:
 
5.4.1. KRB_KDC_REQ definition
...
enc-authorization-data
     The enc-authorization-data, if present (and it can only be present in
     the TGS_REQ form), is an encoding of the desired authorization-data 
     encrypted under the sub-session key if present in the Authenticator,
     or alternatively from the session key in the ticket-granting ticket,
     bot from the padata field in the KRB_AP_REQ.
...
 
KRB_AP_REQ should be read as KRB_AS_REQ. Am I right?

---

From: "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 13:30:49 -0500

Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 14:03:45 -0600 (CST)
   From: Youngnan Xu <[email-masked]>

	both from the padata field in the KRB_AP_REQ.
   ...

No, it should be KRB_AP_REQ; the text is right as it currently stands.
The enc-authorization-data field is only used in the TGS_REQ form, and
the TGS_REQ form includes a KRB_AP_REQ message where the client is the
user, and the server is the ticket-granting-service.

						- Ted