Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv6-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 11:03:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: OSPF for IPv6
	Author(s)	: R. Coltun, J. Moy, D. Ferguson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv6-05.txt
	Pages		: 92
	Date		: 26-Nov-97
	
    This document describes the modifications to OSPF to support version
    6 of the Internet Protocol (IPv6).  The fundamental mechanisms of
    OSPF (flooding, DR election, area support, SPF calculations, etc.)
    remain unchanged. However, some changes have been necessary, either
    due to changes in protocol semantics between IPv4 and IPv6, or
    simply to handle the increased address size of IPv6.
 
    Changes between OSPF for IPv4 and this document include the
    following. Addressing semantics have been removed from OSPF packets
    and the basic LSAs. New LSAs have been created to carry IPv6
    addresses and prefixes. OSPF now runs on a per-link basis, instead
    of on a per-IP-subnet basis. Flooding scope for LSAs has been
    generalized. Authentication has been removed from the OSPF protocol
    itself, instead relying on IPv6's Authentication Header and
    Encapsulating Security Payload.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv6-05.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv6-05.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv6-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.