Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-framework-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 13:27:31 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Framework for Multiprotocol Label Switching
	Author(s)	: R. Callon, G. Swallow, N. Feldman, 
                          A. Viswanathan, P. Doolan, A. Fredette
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-framework-02.txt
	Pages		: 65
	Date		: 26-Nov-97
	
   This document discusses technical issues and requirements for the
   Multiprotocol Label Switching working group. This is an initial draft
   document, which will evolve and expand over time. It is the intent of
   this document to produce a coherent description of all significant
   approaches which were and are being considered by the working group.
   Selection of specific approaches, making choices regarding
   engineering tradeoffs, and detailed protocol specification, are
   outside of the scope of this framework document.
 
   Note that this document is at an early stage, and that most of the
   detailed technical discussion is only in a rough form. Additional
   text will be provided over time from a number of sources.  A small
   amount of the text in this document may be redundant with the
   proposed protocol architecture for MPLS. This redundancy will be
   reduced over time, with the overall discussion of issues moved to be
   in this document, and the selection of specific approaches and
   specification of the protocol contained in the protocol architecture
   and other related documents.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-framework-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-framework-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-framework-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.