Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tcpsat-stand-mech-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 10:48:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Over Satellite Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Enhancing TCP Over Satellite Channels 
                          using Standard Mechanisms
	Author(s)	: D. Glover, M. Allman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tcpsat-stand-mech-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 24-Nov-97
	
    The Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) provides reliable delivery
    of data across any network path, including network paths containing
    satellite channels.  While TCP works over satellite channels there
    are several mechanisms that enable TCP to more effectively utilize
    the available capacity of the network path.  This draft outlines
    some of these TCP mitigations.  At this time, all mitigations
    discussed in this draft are IETF standards track mechanisms.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tcpsat-stand-mech-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpsat-stand-mech-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpsat-stand-mech-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.