Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-cbind-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 10:52:46 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Authentication Technology Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Generic Security Service API Version 2 : C-bindings
	Author(s)	: J. Wray
	Filename	: draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-cbind-05.txt
	Pages		: 95
	Date		: 24-Nov-97
	
   This draft document specifies C language bindings for Version 2 of the
   Generic Security Service Application Program Interface (GSSAPI), which
   is described at a language-independent conceptual level in other drafts
   [GSSAPI]. It revises RFC-1509, making specific incremental changes in
   response to implementation experience and liaison requests.  It is
   intended, therefore, that this draft or a successor version thereof will
   become the basis for subsequent progression of the GSS-API specification
   on the standards track.
 
   The Generic Security Service Application Programming Interface provides
   security services to its callers, and is intended for implementation
   atop a variety of underlying cryptographic mechanisms.  Typically,
   GSSAPI callers will be application protocols into which security
   enhancements are integrated through invocation of services provided by
   the GSSAPI. The GSSAPI allows a caller application to authenticate a
   principal identity associated with a peer application, to delegate
   rights to a peer, and to apply security services such as confidentiality
   and integrity on a per-message basis.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-cbind-05.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-cbind-05.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-cbind-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.