Subject: Re: meta-issue: timeliness of list maintainance.

From: Rich Salz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 00:41:31 -0500 (EST)

> and yes, we should try to find a
>better long-term solution for dealing with list maintenance, since it
>sounds like no one is particularly happy with the current state of
>affairs.

Perhaps someone at a moderate-sized majordomo-enabled site could be
persuaded to host the list?
	/r$

---

From: "Linn, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 08:23:40 -0500

CAT subscribers:

Per this discussion, I've now been informed by the responsible
individuals at Veritas Software (formerly OpenVision Technologies),
where the cat-ietf exploder has been hosted and administered for some
time, that:

- they wish to apologize to the community for recent untimely list
administration, which had stemmed from a staffing change and associated
transition which has now been resolved

- that all known outstanding requests to cat-ietf-request have now been
processed

- that, henceforth, they look forward to continuing provision of timely
support to the list (e.g., 2 working-day turnaround, as recommended in
draft-moore-maillist-req-01)

On behalf of the WG, I'd like to thank them for this supportive
contribution. 

--jl