Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-lsma-requirements-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 12:58:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Large Scale Multicast Applications Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Taxonomy of Communication Requirements 
                          for Large-scale Multicast Applications
	Author(s)	: P. Bagnall, B. Briscoe, A. Poppitt
	Filename	: draft-ietf-lsma-requirements-01.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 04-Dec-97
	
The intention of this draft is to define a classification system for the
communication requirements of any large-scale multicast application
(LSMA). It is very unlikely one protocol can achieve a compromise
between the diverse requirements of all the parties involved in any
LSMA. It is therefore necessary to understand the worst-case scenarios
in order to minimise the range of protocols needed. Dynamic protocol
adaptation is likely to be necessary which will require logic to map
particular combinations of requirements to particular mechanisms.
Standardising the way that applications define their requirements is a
necessary step towards this. Classification is a first step towards
standardisation.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-lsma-requirements-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lsma-requirements-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lsma-requirements-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.