Subject: RFC 2292 on Advanced Sockets API for IPv6

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 12:27:19 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2292:

        Title:      Advanced Sockets API for IPv6
	Author(s):  W. Stevens, M. Thomas
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       February 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
		    [email-masked]
	Pages:      67
        Characters: 152077
        Updates/Obsoletes: None    

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2292.txt

Specifications are in progress for changes to the sockets API to
support IP version 6 [RFC-2133].  These changes are for TCP and UDP-
based applications and will support most end-user applications in use
today: Telnet and FTP clients and servers, HTTP clients and servers,
and the like.

This document is a product of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.