Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-engan-ip-compress-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 09:57:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP Header Compression over PPP
	Author(s)	: S. Casner, C. Bormann, M. Engan
	Filename	: draft-engan-ip-compress-02.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 23-Dec-97
	
      This document describes an  option  for  negotiating  the  use  of
      header  compression on IP datagrams transmitted over the Point-to-
      Point Protocol [RFC1661]. It defines extensions to the PPP Control
      Protocols for IPv4 and IPv6 [RFC1332, RFC2023]. Header compression
      may be applied to IPv4 and IPv6 datagrams in combination with TCP,
      UDP and RTP transport protocols as specified in [IPHC] and [CRTP].
 
   [Note to IANA, to be removed before publication:  The PPP protocol
   type assignments suggested in this document were selected from those
   unassigned in ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/ppp-numbers
   on December 7, 1997.  These selections were presented to the PPPEXT
   working group at IETF in Washington, DC on December 9, 1997 and were
   approved as being in the appropriate ranges for this protocol.]

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-engan-ip-compress-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-engan-ip-compress-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-engan-ip-compress-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.