Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-myers-smtp-auth-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 12:52:34 -0500

A Revised Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: SMTP Service Extension for Authentication
	Author(s)	: J. Myers
	Filename	: draft-myers-smtp-auth-11.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 27-Feb-98
	
   This document defines an SMTP service extension [ESMTP] whereby an
   SMTP client may indicate an authentication mechanism to the server,
   perform an authentication protocol exchange, and optionally negotiate
   a security layer for subsequent protocol interactions.  This
   extension is a profile of the Simple Authentication and Security
   Layer [SASL].

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-myers-smtp-auth-11.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-myers-smtp-auth-11.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-myers-smtp-auth-11.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.