Subject: Internet Monthly Report for November, 1997

From: IMR Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 98 15:02:41 PST

November 1997

INTERNET MONTHLY REPORTS
------------------------

The purpose of these reports is to communicate to the Internet Research
Group the accomplishments, milestones reached, or problems discovered by
the participating organizations.

Each organization is expected to submit a 1/2 page report on the first
business day of the month describing the previous month's activities.
These reports should be submitted via network mail to "[email-masked]".

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

The Internet Monthly Report mailing list is now managed by MajorDomo at
ISI.EDU.  The announcements of new issues on the Internet Monthly Report
are sent to the IETF-Announce list and to this IMR list.  Requests to be
ADDED or DELETED from the Internet Monthly report list should be sent to
"[email-masked]" with the message body either "subscribe imr" or
"unsubscribe imr".

Details on obtaining the current IMR, or back issues, via FTP or EMAIL
may be obtained by sending an EMAIL message to "[email-masked]" with
the message body "help: ways_to_get_imrs".  For example:

         To: [email-masked]
         Subject: getting imrs

         help: ways_to_get_imrs

or  URL: http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/imr/

Ramos                                                           [Page 1]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

TABLE OF CONTENTS

  INTERNET ARCHITECTURE BOARD

     IAB MESSAGE . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page  3
     INTERNET ENGINEERING REPORTS  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page  3

  Internet Projects

     INTERNIC. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 23
       Registration Services . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 23
       Directory Services. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 23
       US Domain Registry. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 24
     MERIT INTERNET ENGINEERING. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 27
     UCL . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 28
     IANA REPORT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 29
     RFC EDITOR REPORT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 29

  CALENDAR OF EVENTS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 31
    TERENA List of Meetings. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 31
    ZD Comdex and Forums . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 31

Ramos                                                           [Page 2]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

INTERNET ARCHITECTURE BOARD

     The minutes of the IAB back to 1990 are available for anonymous ftp
     access on host ftp.isi.edu, directory /pub/IAB, or via the IAB
     World-Wide Web page with URL http://www.iab.org/iab/.

     Brian Carpenter IAB Chair

INTERNET ENGINEERING REPORTS
----------------------------

  1. The final meeting of the year will be held in Washington, DC from
     December 8-12, 1997. Our local host is Newbridge Networks.    The
     IETF will meet in Los Angeles from March 30 - April, 3, 1998 and
     then in Chicago August 24-28. We have a host and city for the the
     final meeting of 1998, but are still evaluating meeting sites.

     Once all arrangements have been made, notifications will be sent
     to the IETF Announcement list. Remember that information on
     future meetng sites can always be found in the file
     0mtg-sites.txt, located on the IETF shadow directories. Of
     course, this information is provided on the Web. The IETF's URL
     is:

                   http://www.ietf.org/

  2. The minutes of the IESG teleconferences be found on all the IETF
     shadow directories in the iesg directory.

     The following IESG minutes have been added:

     November 6, 1997 (iesg.97-11-06)

  3. The IESG approved or recommended the following 19 Protocol
     Actions during the month of November, 1997:

      o Test Cases for HMAC-MD5 and HMAC-SHA-1 for publication as an
        Informational RFC.

      o Internet Group Management Protocol, Version 2 for publication
        as a Proposed Standard.

      o Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE 802.3 Medium Attachment
        Units (MAUs) using SMIv2 for publication as a Proposed
        Standard.

Ramos                                                           [Page 3]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      o An Extensible Message Format for Message Disposition
        Notifications for publication as a Proposed Standard.

      o OTP Extended Responses for publication as a Proposed Standard.

      o ACAP -- Application Configuration Access Protocol for
        publication as a Proposed Standard.

      o Anonymous SASL Mechanism for publication as a Proposed
        Standard.

      o ATM Signalling Support for IP over ATM - UNI Signalling 4.0
        Update for publication as a Proposed Standard.

      o Netware/IP Domain Name and Information for publication as a
        Proposed Standard.

      o DHCP Options for Novell Directory Services for publication as a
        Proposed Standard.

      o Definitions of Managed Objects for DLUR using SMIv2 for
        publication as a Proposed Standard.

      o Definitions of Managed Objects for HPR for publication as a
        Proposed Standard.

      o Augmented BNF for Syntax Specifications: ABNF for publication
        as a Proposed Standard.

      o Representing Tables and Subtrees in the X.500 Directory for
        publication as a Proposed Standard.

      o Representing the O/R Address hierarchy in the X.500 Directory
        Information Tree for publication as a Proposed Standard.

      o The Interfaces Group MIB using SMIv2 for publication as a
        Proposed Standard.

      o The TLS Protocol Version 1.0 for publication as a Proposed
        Standard.

      o MIME Parameter Value and Encoded Word Extensions: Character
        Sets, Languages, and Continuations for publication as a
        Proposed Standard.

Ramos                                                           [Page 4]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

   4. 20 Last Calls were issued by the IESG during the month of
      November, 1997:

      o Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax and
        Semantics <draft-fielding-uri-syntax-01> for consideration as a
        Draft Standard.

      o IPv6 Testing Address Allocation
        <draft-ietf-ipngwg-testv2-addralloc-01> for consideration as an
        Experimental Protocol.

      o IPv6 Multicast Address Assignments
        <draft-ietf-ipngwg-multicast-assgn-04> for consideration as an
        Informational RFC.

      o Introduction to IP Multicast Routing
        <draft-ietf-mboned-intro-multicast-03> for consideration as an
        Informational RFC.

      o NBMA Next Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP)
        <draft-ietf-rolc-nhrp-12> for consideration as a Proposed
        Standard.

      o IMAP4 Namespace <draft-gahrns-imap-namespace-06> for
        consideration as a Proposed Standard.

      o Server Cache Synchronization Protocol (SCSP)
        <draft-ietf-ion-scsp-02> for consideration as a Proposed
        Standard.

      o Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE 802.12 Repeater Devices
        <draft-ietf-vgmib-repeater-dev-04> for consideration as a
        Proposed Standard.

      o An Architecture for Describing SNMP Management Frameworks
        <draft-ietf-snmpv3-next-gen-arch-06> for consideration as a
        Proposed Standard.

      o Message Processing and Dispatching for the Simple Network
        Management Protocol (SNMP) <draft-ietf-snmpv3-v3mpc-model-06>
        for consideration as a Proposed Standard.

      o SNMPv3 Applications <draft-ietf-snmpv3-appl-04> for
        consideration as a Proposed Standard.

      o User-based Security Model (USM) for version 3 of the Simple
        Network Management Protocol (SNMPv3) <draft-ietf-snmpv3-usm-03>
        for consideration as a Proposed Standard.

Ramos                                                           [Page 5]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      o View-based Access Control Model (VACM) for the Simple Network
        Management Protocol (SNMP) <draft-ietf-snmpv3-acm-04> for
        consideration as a Proposed Standard.

      o The mailto URL scheme <draft-hoffman-mailto-url-03> for
        consideration as a Proposed Standard.

      o A Distributed NHRP Service Using SCSP
        <draft-ietf-ion-scsp-nhrp-02> for consideration as a Proposed
        Standard.

      o NHRP Protocol Applicability Statement
        <draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-appl-02> for consideration as a Proposed
        Standard.

      o The End-to-End (EEP) PacketWay Protocol for High-Performance
        Interconnection of Computer Clusters
        <draft-ietf-pktway-protocol-eep-spec-02> for consideration as a
        Proposed Standard.

      o IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture
        <draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v2-05> for consideration as a
        Proposed Standard.

      o An IPv6 Aggregatable Global Unicast Address Format
        <draft-ietf-ipngwg-unicast-aggr-02> for consideration as a
        Proposed Standard.

      o Multiprotocol Extensions for BGP-4
        <draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-multiprotocol-01> for consideration as a
        Proposed Standard.

   5. Three new working groups were created

        S/MIME Mail Security (smime)
        RSVP Admission Policy (rap)
        Schema Registration (schema)

   6. There were 329 Internet-Draft Actions during the month of
      November, 1997:

      (ion)      o Management Information Base for Frame Relay DTEs
                   <draft-ietf-iplpdn-frmib-dte-10.txt>
      (wts)      o The Secure HyperText Transfer Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-wts-shttp-05.txt>

Ramos                                                           [Page 6]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      (none)     o The Auto-Submitted, Supersedes and Expires Headers
                   in E-mail and Netnews
                   <draft-ietf-mailext-new-fields-11.txt>
      (cat)      o Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication
                   in Kerberos
                   <draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-init-05.txt>
      (cat)      o Generic Security Service API Version 2 : C-bindings
                   <draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-cbind-05.txt>
      (none)     o SMTP Service Extension for Authentication
                   <draft-myers-smtp-auth-09.txt>
      (none)     o Fixing Backbone Partition with Dynamic Virtual
                   Links <draft-zhang-ospf-dvl-01.txt>
      (cat)      o The Simple and Protected GSS-API Negotiation
                   Mechanism <draft-ietf-cat-snego-07.txt>
      (asid)     o A MIME Content-Type for Directory Information
                   <draft-ietf-asid-mime-direct-05.txt>
      (idmr)     o Internet Group Management Protocol, Version 2
                   <draft-ietf-idmr-igmp-v2-08.txt>
      (receipt)  o An Extensible Message Format for Message
                   Disposition Notifications
                   <draft-ietf-receipt-mdn-07.txt>
      (hubmib)   o Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE 802.3
                   Medium Attachment Units (MAUs) using SMIv2
                   <draft-ietf-hubmib-mau-mib-05.txt>
      (ospf)     o OSPF for IPv6 <draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv6-05.txt>
      (ospf)     o The OSPF Opaque LSA Option
                   <draft-ietf-ospf-opaque-02.txt>
      (dhc)      o Interaction between DHCP and DNS
                   <draft-ietf-dhc-dhcp-dns-05.txt>
      (ipngwg)   o IP Header Compression
                   <draft-degermark-ipv6-hc-04.txt>
      (asid)     o Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (v3)
                   <draft-ietf-asid-ldapv3-protocol-09.txt>
      (idmr)     o Core Based Tree (CBT) Multicast Border Router
                   Specification <draft-ietf-idmr-cbt-br-spec-01.txt>
      (mhtml)    o Sending HTML in MIME, an informational supplement
                   to the RFC: MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate HTML
                   Documents (MHTML) <draft-ietf-mhtml-info-08.txt>
      (asid)     o vCard MIME Directory Profile
                   <draft-ietf-asid-mime-vcard-04.txt>
      (hubmib)   o Definitions of Managed Objects for the
                   Ethernet-like Interface Types
                   <draft-ietf-hubmib-etherif-mib-02.txt>
      (ipsec)    o Security Architecture for the Internet Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-ipsec-arch-sec-02.txt>
      (ipsec)    o IP Authentication Header
                   <draft-ietf-ipsec-auth-header-03.txt>

Ramos                                                           [Page 7]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      (acap)     o ACAP -- Application Configuration Access Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-acap-spec-07.txt>
      (none)     o Voice Profile for Internet Mail - version 2
                   <draft-ema-vpim-06.txt>
      (ids)      o Simple Nomenclator Query Protocol (SNQP)
                   <draft-ietf-ids-snqp-02.txt>
      (ipsec)    o The resolution of ISAKMP with Oakley
                   <draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-oakley-05.txt>
      (pkix)     o Internet Public Key Infrastructure Certificate
                   Management Protocols
                   <draft-ietf-pkix-ipki3cmp-06.txt>
      (none)     o IMAP4 OPTIMIZE-1 extension
                   <draft-myers-imap-optimize-02.txt>
      (svrloc)   o Service Location Modifications for IPv6
                   <draft-ietf-svrloc-ipv6-02.txt>
      (asid)     o Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (v3): UTF-8
                   String Representation of Distinguished Names
                   <draft-ietf-asid-ldapv3-dn-04.txt>
      (avt)      o RTP Payload Format for Bundled MPEG
                   <draft-civanlar-bmpeg-02.txt>
      (none)     o Firewall Support for Mobile IP
                   <draft-montenegro-firewall-sup-02.txt>
      (pppext)   o Layer Two Tunneling Protocol 'L2TP'
                   <draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-08.txt>
      (otp)      o OTP Extended Responses <draft-ietf-otp-ext-05.txt>
      (ids)      o Internet Nomenclator Project
                   <draft-ietf-ids-inp-03.txt>
      (mboned)   o Administratively Scoped IP Multicast
                   <draft-ietf-mboned-admin-ip-space-04.txt>
      (tip)      o Transaction Internet Protocol Version 2.0
                   <draft-lyon-itp-nodes-04.txt>
      (dhc)      o The User Class Option for DHCP
                   <draft-ietf-dhc-userclass-02.txt>
      (drums)    o Mail and Netnews Header Registration Procedure
                   <draft-ietf-drums-MHRegistry-02.txt>
      (ipsec)    o The Internet IP Security Domain of Interpretation
                   for ISAKMP <draft-ietf-ipsec-ipsec-doi-06.txt>
      (svrloc)   o Service Templates and service: Schemes
                   <draft-ietf-svrloc-service-scheme-05.txt>
      (frnetmib) o Definitions of Managed Objects for Frame Relay
                   Service <draft-ietf-frnetmib-frs-mib-02.txt>
      (disman)   o Definitions of Managed Objects for the Delegation
                   of Management Scripts
                   <draft-ietf-disman-script-mib-02.txt>
      (none)     o The Weak Authentication and Tracing Option
                   <draft-eastlake-weak-ato-02.txt>

Ramos                                                           [Page 8]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      (ion)      o Definitions of Managed Objects for Multicast over
                   UNI 3.0/3.1 based ATM Networks
                   <draft-ietf-ion-mars-mib-04.txt>
      (svrloc)   o An API for Service Location
                   <draft-ietf-svrloc-api-02.txt>
      (cat)      o Public Key Cryptography for Cross-Realm
                   Authentication in Kerberos
                   <draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-cross-03.txt>
      (applmib)  o Application Management MIB
                   <draft-ietf-applmib-mib-05.txt>
      (applmib)  o Definitions of Managed Objects for WWW Services
                   <draft-ietf-applmib-wwwmib-06.txt>
      (radius)   o RADIUS Attributes for Tunnel Protocol Support
                   <draft-ietf-radius-tunnel-auth-03.txt>
      (rps)      o Routing Policy Specification Language (RPSL)
                   <draft-ietf-rps-rpsl-04.txt,.ps>
      (tls)      o The TLS Protocol Version 1.0
                   <draft-ietf-tls-protocol-05.txt>
      (find)     o A Tagged Index Object for use in the Common
                   Indexing Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-find-cip-tagged-04.txt>
      (ippm)     o Framework for IP Performance Metrics
                   <draft-ietf-ippm-framework-01.txt>
      (ippm)     o A One-way Delay Metric for IPPM
                   <draft-ietf-ippm-delay-01.txt>
      (mmusic)   o SIP: Session Initiation Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-04.txt,.ps>
      (none)     o Originator-Info Message Header
                   <draft-newman-msgheader-originfo-03.txt>
      (ipngwg)   o IP Version 6 over PPP
                   <draft-ietf-ipngwg-ipv6-over-ppp-04.txt>
      (none)     o The mailto URL scheme
                   <draft-hoffman-mailto-url-03.txt>
      (dnsind)   o Negative Caching of DNS Queries (DNS NCACHE)
                   <draft-ietf-dnsind-ncache-09.txt>
      (none)     o The Multicast Attribute Framing Protocol
                   <draft-finlayson-mafp-01.txt>
      (none)     o Toll Quality Voice - 32 kbit/s ADPCM MIME Sub-type
                   Registration <draft-ema-vpim-32kadpcm-02.txt>
      (fax)      o Tag Image File Format (TIFF) - Application F
                   <draft-ietf-fax-tiff-05.txt>
      (svrloc)   o The 'wp' and 'yp' Abstract Service Types
                   <draft-ietf-svrloc-wpyp-02.txt>
      (mboned)   o Some Issues for an Inter-domain Multicast Routing
                   Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-mboned-imrp-some-issues-03.txt>
      (mixer)    o Use of an X.500/LDAP directory to support MIXER
                   address mapping <draft-ietf-mixer-directory-03.txt>

Ramos                                                           [Page 9]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      (rmonmib)  o Remote Network Monitoring Management Information
                   Base for High Capacity Networks
                   <draft-ietf-rmonmib-hcrmon-03.txt>
      (dnssec)   + Zone KEY RRSet Signing Procedure
                   <draft-ietf-dnssec-key-handling-00.txt>
      (rtfm)     o Traffic Flow Measurement: Meter MIB
                   <draft-ietf-rtfm-meter-mib-03.txt>
      (spki)     o Simple Public Key Certificate
                   <draft-ietf-spki-cert-structure-03.txt>
      (run)      o DON'T SPEW A Set of Guidelines for Mass Unsolicited
                   Mailings and Postings (spam*)
                   <draft-ietf-run-spew-02.txt>
      (fax)      o File Format for Internet Fax
                   <draft-ietf-fax-tiffplus-03.txt>
      (http)     o HTTP State Management Mechanism
                   <draft-ietf-http-state-man-mec-05.txt,.ps>
      (dhc)      o Multicast address allocation extensions options
                   <draft-ietf-dhc-multopt-02.txt>
      (dhc)      o Multicast address allocation extensions to the
                   Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-dhc-mdhcp-03.txt>
      (pkix)     o Internet Public Key Infrastructure Operational
                   Protocols - LDAPv2
                   <draft-ietf-pkix-ipki2opp-05.txt>
      (asid)     o LDAP Multi-Master Replication Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-asid-ldap-mult-mast-rep-02.txt>
      (none)     o SMTP Service Extension for Secure SMTP over TLS
                   <draft-hoffman-smtp-ssl-05.txt>
      (ippm)     o A Packet Loss Metric for IPPM
                   <draft-ietf-ippm-loss-01.txt>
      (ipngwg)   o Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Ethernet Networks
                   <draft-ietf-ipngwg-trans-ethernet-04.txt>
      (ipngwg)   o Transmission of IPv6 Packets over FDDI Networks
                   <draft-ietf-ipngwg-trans-fddi-net-05.txt>
      (none)     o RSVP over ATM Implementation Guidelines
                   <draft-ietf-issll-atm-imp-guide-02.txt>
      (none)     o S/MIME Version 2 Message Specification
                   <draft-dusse-smime-msg-07.txt>
      (none)     o S/MIME Version 2 Certificate Handling
                   <draft-dusse-smime-cert-06.txt>
      (rps)      o RIPE-181 to RPSL Transition Plan
                   <draft-ietf-rps-transition-02.txt>
      (avt)      o Real-Time Transport Protocol Management Information
                   Base <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mib-01.txt>
      (pppext)   o PPP over AAL5 <draft-ietf-pppext-aal5-03.txt>
      (secsh)    o SSH Transport Layer Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-secsh-transport-03.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 10]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      (secsh)    o SSH Authentication Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-secsh-userauth-03.txt>
      (secsh)    o SSH Connection Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-secsh-connect-03.txt>
      (tcpimpl)  o Known TCP Implementation Problems
                   <draft-ietf-tcpimpl-prob-02.txt>
      (ipp)      o Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Model and Semantics
                   <draft-ietf-ipp-model-07.txt>
      (urn)      o URN Namespace Registration and Standardization
                   Process Mechanisms <draft-ietf-urn-nid-req-02.txt>
      (avt)      o RTP Profile for Audio and Video Conferences with
                   Minimal Control
                   <draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-02.txt,.ps>
      (asid)     o A Summary of the X.500(96) User Schema for use with
                   LDAPv3 <draft-ietf-asid-ldapv3schema-x500-04.txt>
      (none)     o An Approach for Using LDAP as a Network Information
                   Service <draft-howard-nis-schema-01.txt>
      (disman)   o Event MIB <draft-ietf-disman-event-mib-02.txt>
      (disman)   o Expression MIB
                   <draft-ietf-disman-express-mib-03.txt>
      (none)     o Obtaining an URL to a user's calendar and free/busy
                   time <draft-dun-calsch-locate-01.txt>
      (none)     o THE TRANSMISSION OF IP OVER THE VERTICAL BLANKING
                   INTERVAL OF A TELEVISION SIGNAL
                   <draft-panabaker-ip-vbi-02.txt>
      (avt)      o RTP Payload Format for MPEG1/MPEG2 Video
                   <draft-ietf-avt-mpeg-new-02.txt>
      (none)     o IMAP4 Namespace
                   <draft-gahrns-imap-namespace-06.txt>
      (issll)    o Network Element Service Specification for Low Speed
                   Networks <draft-ietf-issll-isslow-svcmap-01.txt>
      (mpls)     o A Framework for Multiprotocol Label Switching
                   <draft-ietf-mpls-framework-02.txt>
      (agentx)   o Definitions of Managed Objects for Extensible SNMP
                   Agents <draft-ietf-agentx-mib-01.txt>
      (none)     o Dynamical routing (unicast and multicast) for the
                   Ipv6 protocol
                   <draft-fritsche-ipv6-multicast-02.txt>
      (ipngwg)   o IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture
                   <draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v2-05.txt>
      (none)     o Use of Label Switching With RSVP
                   <draft-davie-mpls-rsvp-01.txt>
      (tn3270e)  o Base Definitions of Managed Objects for TN3270E
                   Using SMIv2 <draft-ietf-tn3270e-tn3270-mib-04.txt>
      (dnssec)   o Storage of Diffie-Hellman Keys in the Domain Name
                   System <draft-ietf-dnssec-dhk-01.txt>
      (none)     o Plaintext Password SASL Mechanism for Transitioning
                   <draft-newman-sasl-plaintrans-04.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 11]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      (ftpext)   o Feature negotiation mechanism for the File Transfer
                   Protocol <draft-ietf-ftpext-feat-02.txt>
      (http)     o Scenarios for the Delivery of Negotiated Content
                   <draft-ietf-http-negotiate-scenario-02.txt>
      (ipngwg)   o Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Token Ring
                   Networks <draft-ietf-ipngwg-trans-tokenring-04.txt>
      (ipsec)    o The use of HMAC-SHA-1-96 within ESP and AH
                   <draft-ietf-ipsec-auth-hmac-shal96-01.txt>
      (ipsec)    o The Use of HMAC-MD5-96 within ESP and AH
                   <draft-ietf-ipsec-auth-hmac-md5-96-01.txt>
      (asid)     o Lightweight Directory Access Protocol: Dynamic
                   Attributes <draft-ietf-asid-ldap-dynatt-01.txt>
      (mhtml)    o MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate Documents, such as
                   HTML (MHTML) <draft-ietf-mhtml-rev-03.txt>
      (calsch)   o Internet Calendar Model Specification
                   <draft-ietf-calsch-mod-03.txt>
      (ipcdn)    o Cable Device Management Information Base for MCNS
                   compliant Cable Modems and Cable Modem Termination
                   Systems <draft-ietf-ipcdn-cable-device-mib-02.txt>
      (ipcdn)    o Radio Frequency (RF) Interface Management
                   Information Base for MCNS compliant RF interfaces
                   <draft-ietf-ipcdn-rf-interface-mib-02.txt>
      (issll)    o RSVP over ATM Implementation Requirements
                   <draft-ietf-issll-atm-imp-req-01.txt>
      (dnsind)   o Test and Example Top Level Domain Names
                   <draft-ietf-dnsind-test-tlds-05.txt>
      (pppext)   o The PPP DES Encryption Protocol, Version 2
                   (DESE-bis)
                   <draft-ietf-pppext-des-encrypt-v2-01.txt>
      (ipp)      o Mapping between LPD and IPP Protocols
                   <draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-02.txt>
      (tcpimpl)  o Some Testing Tools for TCP Implementors
                   <draft-ietf-tcpimpl-tools-01.txt>
      (ipp)      o Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Protocol
                   Specification <draft-ietf-ipp-protocol-03.txt>
      (ipngwg)   o TLA and NLA Assignment Rules
                   <draft-ietf-ipngwg-tla-assignment-01.txt>
      (ippcp)    o IP Payload Compression Protocol (IPComp)
                   <draft-ietf-ippcp-protocol-03.txt>
      (ipp)      o Rationale for the Structure of the Model and
                   Protocol for the Internet Printing Protocol (IPP)
                   <draft-ietf-ipp-rat-02.txt>
      (webdav)   o Extensions for Distributed Authoring and Versioning
                   on the World Wide Web -- WEBDAV
                   <draft-ietf-webdav-protocol-05.txt>
      (ipsec)    o IP Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP)
                   <draft-ietf-ipsec-esp-v2-02.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 12]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      (issll)    o A Framework for Integrated Services and RSVP over
                   ATM <draft-ietf-issll-atm-framework-01.txt>
      (none)     o SOCKS V5 UDP and Multicast Extensions to Facilitate
                   Multicast Firewall Traversal
                   <draft-ietf-aft-mcast-fw-traversal-01.txt>
      (asid)     o LDAP Replication Requirements
                   <draft-ietf-asid-replica-req-01.txt>
      (ion)      o Intra-area IP unicast among routers over legacy ATM
                   <draft-ietf-ion-intra-area-unicast-01.txt>
      (none)     o Directory Schema Listing Requirements
                   <draft-apple-schema-rqmts-list-03.txt>
      (ip1394)   o Ipv4 over IEEE 1394
                   <draft-ietf-ip1394-ipv4-05.txt>
      (none)     o RTP Payload Format for BT.656 Video Encoding
                   <draft-tynan-rtp-bt656-01.txt>
      (ngtrans)  o Stateless IP/ICMP Translator (SIIT)
                   <draft-ietf-ngtrans-header-trans-01.txt>
      (bmwg)     o Benchmarking Terminology for Firewall Performance
                   <draft-ietf-bmwg-secperf-01.txt>
      (tn3270e)  o Definitions of Managed Objects for TN3270E Response
                   Time Collection Using SMIv2
                   <draft-ietf-tn3270e-rt-mib-02.txt>
      (svrloc)   o Conversion of LDAP Schemas to and from SLP
                   Templates
                   <draft-ietf-svrloc-template-conversion-02.txt>
      (ospf)     o The OSPF Address Resolution Advertisement Option
                   <draft-ietf-ospf-ara-01.txt>
      (none)     o IP Tunnel MIB <draft-thaler-tunnel-mib-01.txt>
      (none)     o An Internet Firewall Transparency Requirement
                   <draft-freed-firewall-req-01.txt>
      (fax)      + SMTP Service Extension for Capabilities Exchange
                   <draft-ietf-fax-smtp-capabilities-00.txt>
      (fax)      o SMTP Service Extension for Immediate Delivery
                   <draft-ietf-fax-smtp-session-01.txt>
      (none)     o URLs for Telephony
                   <draft-antti-telephony-url-03.txt>
      (none)     o Using TLS with IMAP4 and POP3
                   <draft-newman-tls-imappop-01.txt>
      (none)     o IMAP4 Implementation Recommendations
                   <draft-leiba-imap-implement-guide-04.txt>
      (dnssec)   o DSA KEYs and SIGs in the Domain Name System
                   <draft-ietf-dnssec-dss-01.txt>
      (dnssec)   o Storing Certificates in the Domain Name System
                   <draft-ietf-dnssec-certs-01.txt>
      (dnssec)   o Indirect KEY RRs in the Domain Name System
                   <draft-ietf-dnssec-indirect-key-01.txt>
      (http)     o The Alternates Header Field
                   <draft-ietf-http-alternates-01.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 13]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      (none)     o Use of Label Switching With Frame Relay
                   Specification <draft-conta-mpls-fr-01.txt>
      (fax)      o PSTN and fax address format in e-mail services v3.6
                   <draft-ietf-fax-addressing-02.txt>
      (pkix)     o Internet Public Key Infrastructure Operational
                   Protocols: FTP and HTTP
                   <draft-ietf-pkix-opp-ftp-http-02.txt>
      (cat)      o Generic Security Service Application Program
                   Interface Version 2, Update 1
                   <draft-ietf-cat-rfc2078bis-01.txt>
      (rtfm)     o Traffic Flow Measurement: Architecture
                   <draft-ietf-rtfm-architecture-01.txt>
      (ipsec)    o The ISAKMP Configuration Method
                   <draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-mode-cfg-01.txt>
      (tcpsat)   o Enhancing TCP Over Satellite Channels using
                   Standard Mechanisms
                   <draft-ietf-tcpsat-stand-mech-01.txt>
      (iesg)     o Guidelines for Writing an IANA Considerations
                   Section in RFCs
                   <draft-iesg-iana-considerations-01.txt>
      (webdav)   o WebDAV Tree Operations
                   <draft-ietf-webdav-depth-01.txt>
      (none)     o A MIME Directory Profile for LDAP Schema
                   <draft-wahl-mime-schema-01.txt>
      (secsh)    o SSH Protocol Architecture
                   <draft-ietf-secsh-architecture-01.txt>
      (none)     o Directory Schema Listing File Names
                   <draft-apple-schema-file-list-01.txt>
      (http)     o Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1
                   <draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-01.txt>
      (grip)     o Security Expectations for Internet Service
                   Providers <draft-ietf-grip-isp-01.txt>
      (radius)   o RADIUS Attributes for MS-CHAP Support
                   <draft-rfced-info-zorn-01.txt>
      (smime)    o Cryptographic Message Syntax
                   <draft-ietf-smime-cms-01.txt>
      (pppext)   + L2TP Header Compression (''L2TPHC'')
                   <draft-ietf-pppext-l2tphc-00.txt>
      (smime)    + Enhanced Security Services for S/MIME
                   <draft-ietf-smime-ess-00.txt>
      (urlreg)   + Uniform Resource Locators (URL): NOREG URL Naming
                   Scheme <draft-ietf-urlreg-noreg-00.txt>
      (none)     + Self-Synchronous Scramblers For PPP Over Sonet/SDH:
                   Some Analysis
                   <draft-ferguson-pppsonet-selfsync-00.txt>
      (find)     + LDAPv2 client Vs the Index Mesh
                   <draft-ietf-find-cip-ldapv2-00.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 14]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      (svrloc)   + Service Location Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-svrloc-protocol-v2-00.txt>
      (none)     + On-Demand Mail Relay
                   <draft-gellens-on-demand-00.txt>
      (idr)      + BGP Route Flap Damping
                   <draft-ietf-idr-route-damp-00.txt,.ps>
      (none)     + S/MIME Version 3 Message Specification
                   <draft-ramsdell-smime-msg-00.txt>
      (none)     + The TPING option for the Telnet protocol
                   <draft-rfced-exp-beals-00.txt>
      (cat)      + Initial Authentication with Kerberos and the
                   GSS-API (IAKERB) <draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-00.txt>
      (none)     + Gateways and MIME Security Multiparts
                   <draft-freed-gatesec-00.txt>
      (ospf)     + OSPF Version 2 <draft-ietf-ospf-vers2-00.txt>
      (none)     + A Caution On The Canonical Ordering Of Link-Layer
                   Addresses <draft-narten-canonical-ordering-00.txt>
      (none)     + To Be Multihomed: Requirements & Definitions
                   <draft-berkowitz-multirqmt-00.txt>
      (none)     + Directory Schema Listing Procedures
                   <draft-apple-schema-proc-list-00.txt>
      (none)     o Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI): Generic Syntax
                   and Semantics <draft-fielding-uri-syntax-01.txt>
      (none)     o Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (v3): Dynamic
                   Attributes for the Remote Access Dialin User
                   Service (RADIUS) <draft-aboba-dynradius-01.txt>
      (none)     o Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (v3): Schema
                   for the Remote Access Dialin User Service (RADIUS)
                   <draft-aboba-radius-01.txt>
      (none)     + One Pass Multipart/Alternative Processing
                   <draft-lundblade-1pass-mult-alt-00.txt>
      (none)     + Simple Differential Services: IP TOS and
                   Precedence, Delay Indication, and Drop Preference
                   <draft-ferguson-delay-drop-00.txt>
      (fax)      o Requirements for Internet Fax
                   <draft-ietf-fax-requirements-03.txt>
      (none)     + BGP-4 Capabilities Negotiation for BGP
                   Multiprotocol Extensions
                   <draft-marques-bgp4-cap-mp-00.txt>
      (idr)      + Use of BGP-4 Multiprotocol Extensions for IPv6
                   Inter-Domain Routing
                   <draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-ipv6-00.txt>
      (none)     o Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (v3):
                   Extension for PPP Authentication
                   <draft-aboba-ppp-01.txt>
      (none)     + Authentication Methods for LDAP
                   <draft-ietf-ldapext-authmeth-00.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 15]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      (none)     + Japanese Character Encoding for Internet Messages
                   <draft-yamamoto-charset-iso-2022-jp-00.txt>
      (radius)   + RADIUS IP Security Extensions
                   <draft-ietf-radius-ipsec-00.txt>
      (none)     + Supporting IP Multicast Integrated Services in ATM
                   Networks <draft-salgarelli-issll-mis-00.txt,.ps>
      (none)     + Notary Protocols <draft-adams-notary-00.txt>
      (none)     + Time Stamp Protocols
                   <draft-adams-time-stamp-00.txt>
      (svrloc)   + Definition of printer: URLs for use with Service
                   Location <draft-ietf-srvloc-printer-scheme-00.txt>
      (radius)   o RADIUS Attributes for MS-CHAP Support
                   <draft-ietf-radius-mschap-attr-01.txt>
      (fax)      + Scenarios for Delivery of FAX messages over SMTP
                   <draft-ietf-fax-scenarios-00.txt>
      (ipngwg)   + DNS Extensions to support IP version 6
                   <draft-ietf-ipngwg-aaaa-00.txt>
      (webdav)   + WebDAV ACL Protocol <draft-ietf-webdav-acl-00.txt>
      (none)     + Service Discovery Protocol
                   <draft-rfced-info-honton-00.txt>
      (none)     + Persistent Document Identifiers
                   <draft-mallery-urn-pdi-00.txt>
      (none)     + Anti-Spam Requirements on an SMTP MTA
                   <draft-lindberg-anti-spam-mta-00.txt>
      (none)     + IMAP4 Language Extension
                   <draft-gahrns-imap-language-00.txt>
      (none)     + Bulk Mail Transfer Protocol
                   <draft-levine-bmtp-00.txt>
      (pppext)   + Multi-link Multi-node PPP
                   <draft-ietf-pppext-mmp-discovery-00.txt>
      (none)     + Metadata Content-Disposition Type
                   <draft-newman-mime-cdisp-metadata-00.txt>
      (none)     + POP3 Extension Mechanism and Error Codes
                   <draft-newman-pop3ext-00.txt>
      (none)     + The Audio/L16 MIME content type
                   <draft-alvestrand-audio-l16-00.txt>
      (none)     + Form-based Device Input and Upload in HTML
                   <draft-salsman-www-device-upload-00.txt>
      (none)     + Registration of a Ukrainian Cyrillic Character Set
                   KOI8-RU (as extension to Russian KOI8-R and
                   ISO-IR-111) <draft-demchenko-koi8-ru-00.txt>
      (udlr)     + An IP tunneling approach for Uni-directional Link
                   routing <draft-ietf-udlr-wide-tunnel-00.txt>
      (none)     + IMAP4 Child Mailbox Extension
                   <draft-gahrns-imap-child-mailbox-00.txt>
      (udlr)     + Supporting Unidirectional Paths in the Internet
                   <draft-ietf-udlr-general-00.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 16]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      (udlr)     + VIPRE -- Virtual Internet Packet Relay An
                   Encapsulation Architecture for Unidirectional Links
                   <draft-ietf-udlr-vipre-00.txt>
      (udlr)     + Domain Wide Multicast Group Membership Reports
                   <draft-ietf-idmr-membership-reports-00.txt>
      (avt)      + RTP Payload Format for the 1998 Version of ITU-T
                   Rec. H.263 Video (H.263+)
                   <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-h263-video-00.txt>
      (udlr)     + Dynamic Tunneling Path Configuration for
                   Uni-directional Link Routing
                   <draft-ietf-udlr-dtpc-00.txt>
      (udlr)     + Handling of unidirectional links with RIP
                   <draft-ietf-udlr-rip-00.txt>
      (udlr)     + Handling of unidirectional links with OSPF
                   <draft-ietf-udlr-ospf-00.txt>
      (udlr)     + Handling of unidirectional links with DVMRP
                   <draft-ietf-udlr-dvmrp-00.txt>
      (mobileip) + IP Mobility Support version 2
                   <draft-ietf-mobileip-v2-00.txt>
      (none)     + Load Sharing using IP Network Address Translation
                   (LSNAT) <draft-srisuresh-lsnat-00.txt>
      (none)     + Framework for Interconnecting Internet with Public
                   Circuit-Switching Network
                   <draft-zhu-public-circuit-switch-00.txt>
      (pppext)   + PPP over SONET/SDH
                   <draft-ietf-pppext-sonet-ds-00.txt>
      (none)     + LDAP Servers Finding Other LDAP Servers
                   <draft-moats-server-finding-00.txt>
      (none)     + LDAP Clients Finding LDAP Servers
                   <draft-moats-client-finding-00.txt>
      (none)     + Use of Label Switching With ATM
                   <draft-davie-mpls-atm-00.txt>
      (none)     + Recording MBone Sessions to ASF Files
                   <draft-fleischman-asf-rtp-record-00.txt>
      (openpgp)  + OP Formats - OpenPGP Message Format
                   <draft-ietf-openpgp-formats-00.txt>
      (none)     + A Directory for organizations and services from DNS
                   and WHOIS. <draft-glenn-dns-dir-00.txt>
      (none)     + IPV6 NUMBER ASSIGNMENT PROTOCOL Rev 0.1
                   <draft-denninger-ipv6number-00.txt>
      (none)     + A Proposal to add Explicit Congestion Notification
                   (ECN) to IPv6 and to TCP <draft-kksjf-ecn-00.txt>
      (mpls)     + MPLS Label Stack Encoding
                   <draft-ietf-mpls-label-encaps-00.txt>
      (none)     + Comparison of MPLS LAN Encapsulation Proposals
                   <draft-rosen-mpls-lan-encaps-compar-00.txt>
      (none)     + MPLS Label Stack Encoding on LAN Media
                   <draft-rosen-mpls-lan-encaps-00.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 17]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      (none)     + A Legal Domain Name Allocation Method
                   <draft-rfced-info-vaughan-00.txt>
      (ediint)   + HTTP Transport for Secure EDI
                   <draft-ietf-ediint-as2-00.txt>
      (none)     + Handle System: A Persistent Global Naming Service
                   Overview and Syntax
                   <draft-sun-handle-system-00.txt>
      (none)     + The Zone Routing Protocol (ZRP) for Ad Hoc Networks
                   <draft-haas-zone-routing-protocol-00.txt>
      (pppext)   + PPP Consistent Overhead Byte Stuffing (COBS)
                   <draft-ietf-pppext-cobs-00.txt>
      (ipsec)    + The Use of HMAC-RIPEMD-160-96 within ESP and AH
                   <draft-ietf-ipsec-auth-hmac-ripemd-160-96-00.txt>
      (none)     + Directory Schema Listing Meta Data
                   <draft-apple-schema-mime-metadata-00.txt>
      (none)     + The ISAKMP Applications on Security Related Failure
                   Handling <draft-xu-isakmp-app-00.txt>
      (none)     + The Assignment of the Information Field and
                   Protocol Identifier in the Q.2941 Generic
                   Identifier and Q.2957 User-to-user Signaling for
                   the Internet Protocol
                   <draft-suzuki-git-uus-assignment-00.txt>
      (none)     + IMAP MailConnect 3 Report
                   <draft-leiba-imap-mailconnect3-00.txt>
      (ipngwg)   + Basic Socket Interface Extensions for IPv6
                   <draft-ietf-ipngwg-bsd-api-new-00.txt>
      (none)     + The UDP Multicast Tunneling Protocol
                   <draft-finlayson-umtp-00.txt>
      (fax)      + Extensions to Delivery Status Notifications for Fax
                   <draft-ietf-fax-dsn-extensions-00.txt>
      (fax)      + Facsimile over Internet Mail
                   <draft-ietf-fax-service-00.txt>
      (none)     + Requirements for DAV Searching and Locating
                   <draft-reddy-dasl-requirements-00.txt>
      (none)     + The uuid: URI scheme <draft-kindel-uuid-uri-00.txt>
      (none)     + Network Service Discovery using RMON-MIB.
                   <draft-kohei-rmon-svcloc-00.txt>
      (none)     + Firewall Management Information Base
                   <draft-grall-firewall-mib-00.txt>
      (none)     + Scalable Resource Reservation for the Internet
                   <draft-almesberger-srp-00.txt>
      (webdav)   + Requirements for Access Control within Distributed
                   Authoring and Versioning Environments on the World
                   Wide Web <draft-ietf-webdav-acreq-00.txt>
      (none)     + Generic Label Distribution Protocol Specification
                   <draft-gray-mpls-generic-ldp-spec-00.txt>
      (none)     + BGP-4 MD5 Authentication
                   <draft-przygienda-bgp-md5-00.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 18]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      (none)     + BGP-4 over ATM and Proxy PAR
                   <draft-przygienda-bgp4-atm-00.txt>
      (none)     + Proxy PAR <draft-droz-proxypar-arch-00.txt>
      (pppext)   + PPP EAP KEA Public Key Authentication Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-pppext-eapkea-00.txt>
      (pppext)   + PPP Certificate Exchange Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-pppext-crtxchg-00.txt>
      (ngtrans)  + Transition Mechanisms for IPv6 Hosts and Routers
                   <draft-ietf-ngtrans-mech-00.txt>
      (none)     + IP Extension for Reliable Multicast
                   <draft-lim-ip-reliable-multicast-00.txt>
      (tip)      + Using the Transaction Internet Protocol (TIP) with
                   HTTP <draft-ietf-tip-usehttp-00.txt>
      (pppext)   + PPP Fortezza Encryption Encapsulation Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-pppext-feep-00.txt>
      (fax)      + Fax Profile for Internet Mail
                   <draft-ietf-fax-fpim-00.txt>
      (none)     + Features for Media Display
                   <draft-masinter-media-features-00.txt>
      (pppext)   + PPP EAP DSS Public Key Authentication Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-pppext-eapdss-00.txt>
      (ngtrans)  + IPv6 routing issues
                   <draft-ietf-ngtrans-6bone-routing-issues-00.txt>
      (iab)      + Report of the IAB Security Architecture Workshop
                   <draft-iab-secwks-report-00.txt>
      (none)     + Extensions to IPv6 Neighbor Discovery for Inverse
                   Discovery <draft-conta-ion-ipv6-ind-00.txt>
      (none)     + Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Frame Relay
                   Networks <draft-conta-ion-ipv6-fr-00.txt>
      (smime)    + S/MIME Version 3 Message Specification
                   <draft-ietf-smime-msg-00.txt>
      (smime)    + S/MIME Version 3 Certificate Handling
                   <draft-ietf-smime-cert-00.txt>
      (pppext)   + PPP with Framing Conversion
                   <draft-ietf-pppext-conversion-00.txt>
      (none)     + IPv6 traceroute option
                   <draft-durand-ipv6-traceroute-00.txt>
      (dhc)      + DHCP Failover Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-dhc-failover-00.txt>
      (pppext)   + PPP in Frame Relay
                   <draft-ietf-pppext-framerelay-ds-00.txt>
      (none)     + A New Scheme for the Compression of Domain Names
                   <draft-koch-dnsind-local-compression-00.txt>
      (rps)      + Guidelines for Extending RPSL
                   <draft-ietf-rps-extending-00.txt>
      (ldapext)  + The Java LDAP Application Program Interface
                   <draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-java-api-00.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 19]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      (none)     + Java LDAP Controls
                   <draft-weltman-ldap-java-controls-00.txt>
      (none)     + LDAP Proxied Authentication Control
                   <draft-weltman-ldapv3-proxy-00.txt>
      (ngtrans)  + No Network Address Translation (NNAT) for IPv6
                   <draft-ietf-ngtrans-nnat-00.txt>
      (pint)     + IP Access to PSTN Services: Basic Service
                   Requirements, Definitions, and Architecture
                   <draft-ietf-pint-basics-00.txt,.ps>
      (pint)     + PSTN-Internet Internetworking - An Architecture
                   Overview <draft-ietf-pint-inweb-00.txt>
      (pint)     + Pre-PINT Callback Service Implementation
                   Experiences
                   <draft-ietf-pint-internet-callcenter-00.txt>
      (ippm)     o Connectivity <draft-ietf-ippm-connectivity-01.txt>
      (cat)      + Kerberos over TCP <draft-ietf-cat-krb5-tcp-00.txt>
      (avt)      + RTP Payload Format for JPEG-compressed Video
                   <draft-ietf-avt-jpeg-new-00.txt,.ps>
      (none)     + Using the UTF-8 Character Set in the Domain Name
                   System <draft-skwan-utf8-dns-00.txt>
      (pint)     + SIP for Click-To-Dial-Back and Third-Party Control
                   <draft-ietf-pint-sip-00.txt>
      (pppext)   + PPP in X.25 <draft-ietf-pppext-x25-ds-00.txt>
      (none)     + Definitions of Managed Objects for Server Cache
                   Synchronization Protocol Using SMIv2
                   <draft-wang-ion-scsp-mib-00.txt>
      (dhc)      + DHCP Continuation Option Code
                   <draft-ietf-dhc-options-cont-00.txt>
      (none)     + VPIM Directory Schema Definition & Profile
                   <draft-ema-vpimdir-schema-00.txt>
      (smime)    + Certificate Request Syntax
                   <draft-ietf-smime-crs-00.txt>
      (none)     + Rendezvous Protocol <draft-calsyn-rvp-00.txt>
      (svrloc)   + SNMP MIB for SLP Directory Agents
                   <draft-ietf-svrloc-slp-mib-00.txt>
      (rap)      + A Framework for Policy-based Admission Control
                   <draft-ietf-rap-framework-00.txt>
      (none)     + GSS Algorithm for TSIG (GSS-TSIG)
                   <draft-skwan-gss-tsig-00.txt>
      (none)     + A Communication Mechanism between IPv4 and IPv6
                   <draft-tsuchiya-ipv4-ipv6-translator-00.txt>
      (none)     + Explicit Route Support in MPLS
                   <draft-davie-mpls-explicit-routes-00.txt>
      (roamops)  + An LDAP Schema for Phone Books
                   <draft-ietf-roamops-ldap-phonebook-00.txt>
      (none)     + Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (v3): Schema
                   for the Routing Policy Specification Language
                   (RPSL) <draft-aboba-rpsl-00.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 20]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      (none)     + Enabling Transparency for the PPP over SONET/SDH
                   Mapping <draft-manchester-pppext-transper-00.txt>
      (ipsec)    + A GSS-API Authentication Mode for ISAKMP/Oakley
                   <draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-gss-auth-00.txt>
      (none)     + THE TRANSMISSION OF IP OVER THE VERTICAL BLANKING
                   INTERVAL OF A PAL TELEVISION SIGNAL
                   <draft-thorne-vbi-00.txt>
      (spki)     + SPKI Certificate Theory
                   <draft-ietf-spki-cert-theory-00.txt>
      (none)     + Pre-Shared Key Extensions for ISAKMP/Oakley
                   <draft-mamros-pskeyext-00.txt>
      (fax)      + PROCEDURES FOR REAL TIME GROUP 3 FACSIMILE
                   COMMUNICATION BETWEEN TERMINALS USING IP NETWORKS
                   <draft-ietf-fax-ipfax-00.txt>
      (http)     + HTTP Authentication: Basic and Digest Access
                   Authentication
                   <draft-ietf-http-authentication-00.txt>
      (aft)      + SOCKS V5 Protocol extension for Multiple Firewalls
                   Traversal
                   <draft-ietf-aft-socks-multiple-traversal-00.txt>
      (none)     + Coexistence and Interoperability of NTP
                   Authentication Schemes
                   <draft-mills-ntp-auth-coexist-00.txt>
      (none)     + Token Card Extensions for ISAKMP/OAKLEY
                   <draft-ohara-tokencard-00.txt>
      (none)     + Configuration of Tunnel Mode Ipsec Endpoint
                   Parameters <draft-ohara-ipsecparam-00.txt>
      (dnssec)   + DNSsec Authentication Referral Record (AR)
                   <draft-ietf-dnssec-ar-00.txt>
      (idmr)     + The Multicast Address Set Claim (MASC) Protocol
                   <draft-ietf-idmr-masc-00.txt>

   7. 14 RFCs were published during this period

      RFC2230 I  (none)    Key Exchange Delegation Record for the DNS
      RFC2231 I  (none)    MIME Parameter Value and Encoded Word
                           Extensions: Character Sets, Languages, and
                           Continuations
      RFC2232 PS (snanau)  Definitions of Managed Objects for DLUR
                           using SMIv2
      RFC2233 PS (ifmib)   The Interfaces Group MIB using SMIv2
      RFC2234 PS (drums)   Augmented BNF for Syntax Specifications:
                           ABNF
      RFC2235 I  (none)    Hobbes' Internet Timeline
      RFC2236 PS (idmr)    Internet Group Management Protocol, Version
                           2

Ramos                                                          [Page 21]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      RFC2237 I  (none)    Japanese Character Encoding for Internet
                           Messages
      RFC2238 PS (snanau)  Definitions of Managed Objects for HPR
                           using SMIv2
      RFC2239 PS (hubmib)  Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE
                           802.3 Medium Attachment Units (MAUs) using
                           SMIv2
      RFC2240 I  (none)    A Legal Basis for Domain Name Allocation
      RFC2241 PS (dhc)     DHCP Options for Novell Directory Services
      RFC2242 PS (dhc)     NetWare/IP Domain Name and Information
      RFC2243 PS (otp)     OTP Extended Responses

Ramos                                                          [Page 22]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

INTERNET PROJECTS
-----------------

INTERNIC
--------

     REGISTRATION SERVICES

     Gopher Sessions: 70,460         Retrievals: 6,826
     WAIS Sessions: 7,878            Retrievals: 7,068
     FTP Sessions: 98,456            Retrievals: 157,961
     Telnet Sessions: 71,884
     HTTP: 12438881
     Whois Client Queries: 4,035,459
     Whois Server Queries: 20,833,224

     Updates: 95,707
     email: 444,752
     Phone:  35,967

     by Rich Landers <[email-masked]>

     INTERNIC DIRECTORY AND DATABASE SERVICES

     The Netfind seed database for November contained 2.3 million
     entries.

     A point release of Netfind (5.1.1) is now available.  It fixes some
     bugs that were found by users in Europe.

     The parallel version of Nomenclator was received from Lucent
     Technologies and has been modified to run in a Sun/Solaris
     environment.  It is currently in test.

     The NSF Cooperative Agreement for InterNIC Directory and Database
     Services will expire at the end of March 1998.  We are working with
     other organizations to find new homes for many of the repositories
     that we operate.

     A reminder - if you would like to help the Internet community find
     a resource that you offer, send mail to [email-masked] and
     we will send information about listing your resource in the
     Directory of Directories.  If you prefer, you can enter information
     about your resource in our WWW suggestion form.  The form can be
     reached through our Directory of Directories Web page at:

Ramos                                                          [Page 23]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

                http://ds.internic.net:80/ds/dsdirofdirs.html

     by Rick Huber <[email-masked]>

THE US DOMAIN REGISTRY

     The US Domain registration form is now available online at
     http://www.isi.edu/us-domain.

     The US Domain has the maps of all the delegated special domains
     online at http://www.isi.edu/us-domain.

     Some of the processing of the requests to the third level domain
     name is now automated. In particular, most requests to register
     names in localities already delegated are automatically forwarded
     to the administrator of that locality.

     Recent announcements:

     1. A new policy has been added to avoid several cases of
     misleading, erroneous, and outright false information provided on
     registration applications.

     One situation that occurs is that one individual represents himself
     as several distinct companies in order to bypass some limitations
     on the number of delegations allowed (e.g., the 50/500 rule).

     Another situation is that with the requirement to provide a
     government employee as the administrative contact for a locality
     delegation.  Some applications have been received with a government
     employee's contact information but that person has no idea that
     such an application has been submitted.  Some applications provide
     contact information for an individual that knows what is going on
     but is not an employee of the locality government.  Still other
     applications have been received where the administrative contact
     information is fictional.

     The US Domain Administration may choose to verify any or all of the
     information on registration applications (including the
     administrative contact) and if it is determined that the an
     application contains false of substantially misleading information
     that application may be denied, or if already acted on the
     delegation may be revoked, and in either case all other delegations
     made to the party submitting the false or misleading application
     may also be revoked.

Ramos                                                          [Page 24]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

     2. A total of about 2000 locality domains that were delegated to
     several domain name managers have been returned to the US Domain
     administrator.  These localities will be made available for
     redelegation in the coming months.

     3. For delegations made after 1-Jul-97, it is assumed by the US
     Domain Administrator that every applicant for the delegation (or
     redelegation) of a locality name has the written agreement of the
     legitimate government for that locality for the applicant to manage
     the domain name of that locality.

     Evidience of such an agreement does not need to be presented at the
     time of delegation (except that the administrative contact on the
     application template must be the government representative).
     However, if the delegation is later challenged or contested, the
     manager of the locality domain must produce the agreement.  Failure
     to do so will most likely result in the transfer of the management
     of the locality domain to another manager that does have such an
     agreement.

     If there is a dispute as to what is the legitimate government for a
     locality is and who may act for it, the league of cities or
     association of municipalities that each state (as recognized by the
     National League of Cities) may be asked to assist in resolving such
     disputes.

     In some places there are overlapping jurisdictions with the same
     name (for example, the city of Los Angeles and the county of Los
     Angeles).  In such cases, the higher level government should have
     priority.  A new policy has been added regarding the charges for
     the domain name passed on during delegation.  The administrator of
     the locality has to notify one year in advance before charging for
     those domains.

     4. The US Domain administrator no longer makes direct registrations
     of hosts, and only makes delegations of third or fourth level
     domain names (such as localities).

     US DOMAIN ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION
     ====================================

              EMAIL/FAX            2961
              PHONE                 500
              ----------------------------
              Total Contacts       3461

Ramos                                                          [Page 25]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

              DELEGATIONS:           95
              FORWARDED REQUESTS:  1551
              OTHER US DOMAIN MSGS:1815
              ---------------------------
              Total                3461

     OTHER US DOMAIN MESSAGES include referrals to other subdomains or
     to/from the InterNic, phone calls, modifications, application
     requests, discussion and clarification of the requests, questions
     about names, resolving technical problems with zone files and name
     servers, and whois listings.

     MAJOR SUBDOMAINS DELEGATED
     ==========================

      K12     CC      TEC     STATE   LIB     MUS     GEN     DST     COG
      ===================================================================
      52      39      36      48      41      27      30      10      6
      ===================================================================

      THIRD LEVEL DELEGATIONS
      ========================

      STATE.MT.US.                    State Governments, Montana.

      LOCALITIES
      ==========

      PARLIER.CA.US.                  WORMLEYSBURG.PA.US.
      SHOSHONE.ID.US.                 MONTGOMERY.NC.US.
      SPRING-VALLEY.MN.US.            ELLIS.KS.US.
      GOVE.KS.US.                     VICTORIA.KS.US.
      PRINCETON-TOWNSHIP.NJ.US.       SARATOGA.CA.US.
      ANDERSON.KS.US.                 ROSELLE.IL.US.
      WATERLOO.IL.US.                 ANGLETON.TX.US.

      OTHER US DOMAIN DELEGATIONS THIS MONTH
      ======================================

      CI.TIFTON.GA.US.                COURTHOUSE.KAY.OK.US.
      PUSHHOSP.PUSHMATAHA.OK.US.      CCGH.COAL.OK.US.
      GINY.MIAMI.FL.US.               CO.HINDS.MS.US.
      CO.SAN-JUAN.NM.US.              TOWN.IPSWICH.MA.US.
      HERITAGE-PARK.WEBSTER.TX.US.    FUGAWI.SOMERVILLE.MA.US.

Ramos                                                          [Page 26]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

      SAINTJAB.TAMPA.FL.US.           ASYLUM.OCEAN-VIEW.DE.US.
      JONG.ORLANDO.FL.US.             CI.VILLA-PARK.CA.US.
      CYBERCITY.ORLANDO.FL.US.        GODWIN-DRIVE.MANASSAS.VA.US.
      WELLINGTON-ROAD.MANASSAS.VA.US. SUDLEY-ROAD.MANASSAS.VA.US.
      NOKESVILLE-ROAD.MANASSAS.VA.US. CENTREVILLE-ROAD.MANASSAS.VA.US.
      EUCLID-AVENUE.MANASSAS.VA.US.   DALE-BOULEVARD.DALE-CITY.VA.US.
      CI.OVIEDO.FL.US.                MINNIEVILLE-ROAD.DALE-CITY.VA.US.
      CI.MIDLAND.MI.US.               PRINCE-WILLIAM-PARKWAY.DALE-CITY.VA.US.
      YVRLS.LIB.WA.US.                CONTED.CALDWELL.WEST-CALDWELL.NJ.US.
      RANDY.HOUMA.LA.US.              HOLT.PROVO.UT.US.
      BUTLER.CO.BUTLER.OH.US.         UNIDS.HAVERHILL.MA.US.
      UNIDS.NORTH-ANDOVER.MA.US.      SHERIFF.FAIRFIELD.OH.US.
      CCSWA.CENTRE.PA.US.             PEABODY-INSTITUTE.LIB.MA.US.
      FOXBERRY.MONROE.MI.US.          KBBINC.NOKESVILLE.VA.US.
      MAR.NW.DC.US.                   CI.RALSTON.NE.US.
      UR-COG.COG.OR.US.               MNA.MUS.AZ.US.
      CO.CUMBERLAND.NC.US.            CI.EL-PASO.TX.US.
      POSTAL.ORLANDO.FL.US.           POW.ORLANDO.FL.US.
      BIZSUITE.CHEROKEE.GA.US.        CI.EMERYVILLE.CA.US.
      CO.MADISON.MS.US.               CI.HELENA.MT.US.
      LOGICA.LEXINGTON.MA.US.         LOGICA.FORT-LAUDERDALE.FL.US.
      LOGICA.DEARBORN.MI.US.          CI.LAKE-FOREST-PARK.WA.US.
      LAWRENCE.LIB.MA.US.             CI.SHAWNEE.OK.US.
      THEDEPOT.BATESVILLE.AR.US.      CLERKOFCOURT.CO.JEFFERSON.LA.US.
      CO.EDGECOMBE.NC.US.             CI.LEANDER.TX.US.
      KENANTHONY.ORLANDO.FL.US.       PCS.VICTORVILLE.CA.US.
      FAMILY.MAYVILLE.NY.US.          JTYOCUM.ARLINGTON.WA.US.
      CI.NEWTON.MS.US.                RECREATION.PUBLIC-LANDS.GEN.AZ.US.
      CI.EDMONDS.WA.US.               TIS.WICHITA.KS.US.
      CI.SOMERVILLE.MA.US.            K12.SOMERVILLE.MA.US.
      SHERIFF.CO.SHASTA.CA.US.        COC.CI.CALLAWAY.FL.US.
      CO.JOHNSON.IN.US.               CI.SILVERSTON.OR.US.
      HPCTC.HIGHLAND-PARK.NJ.US.      CI.GREENBELT.MD.US.
      FIKEFORCE.UTICA.MI.US.          VILLAGE.BAL-HARBOUR.FL.US.

     URL: http://www.isi.edu/us-domain/

     Shanthi Ranganathan ([email-masked])

MERIT INTERNET ENGINEERING
--------------------------

     This report summarizes November 1997 activities of Merit's Internet
     Engineering group on behalf of the Routing Arbiter (RA) service and
     other projects.

Ramos                                                          [Page 27]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

     Jake Khuon is folding the powerful Route Server Daemon (RSd) code
     back into GateD, which is now handled by the Merit GateD Consortium
     (http://www.gated.org).  RSd, which is derived from GateD, was
     developed as part of the NSF-funded Routing Arbiter project by
     Ramesh Govindan of the USC Information Sciences Institute.
     Designed for the Route Servers at the Network Access Points, RSd
     makes it possible to offload computationally intensive routing
     tasks from exchange point peer routers, freeing processing time and
     providing a boost in throughput for each peer system.  The Route
     Servers now operate as part of Merit's Route Server Next Generation
     project (http://www.rsng.net).

     Govindan added many new features to RSd, including configuration
     and transparent passing of BGP MEDs, BGP route flap dampening,
     aggregation, and AS path matching.  Support for BGP MEDs and BGP
     route flap dampening has already been added back into GateD,
     greatly strengthening the GateD code base.  Other new features to
     be added back include the recent multiprotocol extensions to BGP,
     new attributes such as BGP communities, and the ability to handle
     larger reconfigurations more quickly.

     The merger gives GateD a richer parser and wider range of
     configuration options.  The shared code base will also simplify the
     process of reflecting future RSd improvements back into the GateD
     library.  The shared code will be released as part of GateD
     Consortium Release 7.0, to be available without charge for academic
     and research usage, i.e., any usage that provides research,
     learning or inspection of the code in an academic or commercial
     environment.  The only use that is not defined as "academic and
     research" is inclusion of GateD in a product, or as a means of
     providing a commercial service.

     Gerald Winters attended a "Directory-Enabled Networks" workshop
     presented by Microsoft and Cisco.  The goal of the workshop was to
     introduce concepts for enhancing networking through integration
     with the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol.  LDAP provides a
     common means of accessing directory services from diverse clients.

     Susan R. Harris ([email-masked])

UCL
----

     We have completed a prototype implementation of our priced TCP -
     see http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/jon/hipparch/pricing.html [Slides
     and paper avaialble].

Ramos                                                          [Page 28]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

     This work has been presented in a couple of seminars to Berkeley,
     BT labs and Cambridge University Computer Society. The idea is
     complimentary to the current work on Differentiated Services in the
     IETF (also mentioned in earlier HIPPARCH work).

     The CAIRN link was used to transmit the mbone presentation of this
     work to Berkeley, and operated faultlessly.

     John Crowcroft ([email-masked])

IANA REPORT
-----------

     Country Codes                           4
     Media Types                             3
     Novell SAP Numbers                      3
     Private Enterprise Numbers              48
     Port Numbers                            29
     SMI Numbers                             4

     by Josh Elliott <[email-masked]>

RFC EDITOR REPORT
-----------------

     This is a summary of Request for Comments Editor activity for the
     month of November, 1997:

                                  TIME IN QUEUE
     DOCUMENTS        New*   30 days     60 days      90 days      TOTAL
     ------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                  |
     Beginning of      0         7           1            13      | 21
     month                                                        |
                                                                  |
     New               23        0           0             0      | 23
                                                                  |
                                                                  |
     Processed         14        4           1              2     | 21
     ------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                  |
     End of month       9        3           0            11      | 23

     * New RFCs added to queue throughout the month

     The Requests for Comments (RFCs) are a series of notes, started in
     1969, about the Internet (originally the ARPANET). The notes
     discuss many aspects of computing and computer communication

Ramos                                                          [Page 29]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

     focusing in networking protocols, procedures, programs, and
     concepts, but also including meeting notes, opinion, and sometimes
     humor. The specification documents of the Internet protocol suite,
     as defined by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and its
     steering group (the IESG), are published as RFCs.

     RFCs-to-be are edited by the RFC Editor.  RFCs enter the RFC
     Editor's work queue either by an action of the IESG or by
     independent submission.  Most independent submissions are referred
     to the IESG to check for overlap with IETF work.  The IESG might
     put a hold on a document to gather more input from its members.
     The wait for an RFC to be published varies as there can be
     unforeseen complications (typically editorial matters that need
     clarification from the author).  Documents can be removed from the
     publication queue if they are found to be insufficient or incorrect
     or if the IESG asks the author to join work already in progress in
     the IETF.

     Alegre Ramos ([email-masked])

Ramos                                                          [Page 30]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

CALENDAR
--------

The TERENA Calendar for December 1997 may be found on URL:

http://www.terena.nl/news/calendar.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

       TERENA Secretariat

       Singel 466-468
       1017 AW Amsterdam
       the Netherlands

       email <[email-masked]>

       tel: +31 20 639 1131
       fax: +31 20 639 3289

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ZD COMDEX AND FORUMS
--------------------

ZD Comdex & Forums
303 Vintage Park Drive
Foster City, CA  94404
(650) 578-6900
Fax: (650) 525-0194
http://www.zdcf.com

1998 Future Event Calendar

Business Conferences & Expositions

Network Entertainment World *
Beverly Hilton
Beverly Hills, CA
Customer Service
(800) 953-4932 (U.S. & Canada)
(650) 372-7074 (International)
Conference:  Feb 12-13, 1998

Seybold Seminars New York
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
New York, NY
http://www.seyboldseminars.com

Ramos                                                          [Page 31]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

Customer Service
(888) 800-8922 (U.S. & Canada)
(650) 372-7072 (International)
Conference:  Mar 16-20, 1998
Exposition:  Mar 17-19, 1998

Global Information Infrastructure Awards *
New York, NY
http://www.gii.com
Customer Service
(888) 282-0809 (U.S. & Canada)
(650) 578-6975 (International)
Banquet:  March 1998

Networld+Interop 98 Singapore
Singapore International Convention
and Exhibition Centre
Singapore
http://www.interop.com/events
Information
011 (65) 227 5755
Conference:  Mar 30-Apr 3, 1998
Exhibition:  Apr 1-3, 1998

Comdex Japan
Makuhari Messe
Tokyo, Japan
Information
011 (81) 3 5642 8433
Conference:  Apr 6-9, 1998
Exposition:  Apr 6-9, 1998

Support Services Conference & Expo 98 *
Washington DC Convention Center
Washington DC
http://www.sbforums.com/ssce
Customer Service
(800) 801-1354 (U.S. only)
(650) 378-1032  (International)
Conference:  Apr 20-22, 1998
Exposition:  Apr 19-22, 1998

Networld+Interop 98 Las Vegas
Las Vegas Convention Center
Las Vegas, NV
http://www.interop.com/events
Customer Service
(800) 944-4629 (U.S. & Canada)

Ramos                                                          [Page 32]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

(650) 372-7090  (International)
Conference:  May 4-8, 1998
Exhibition:  May 5-7, 1998

Networld+Interop  98 Tokyo
Makuhari Messe
Tokyo, Japan
http://www.interop.com/events
Information
011 (81) 3 5642 8433
Conference:  June 1-5, 1998
Exhibition:  June 3-5, 1998

Learning Technology *
Georgia World Congress Center
Atlanta, GA
http://interactive.sbforums.com
Customer Service
(800) 909-9848 (U.S. only)
(650) 372-6734 (International)
Conference:  June 14-17, 1998
Exhibition:  June 14-17, 1998

Seybold San Francisco
Moscone Convention Center
San Francisco, CA
http://www.seyboldseminars.com
Customer Service
(888) 473-9265 (U.S. & Canada)
(650) 372-7078 (International)
Conference:  Aug 31-Sept 4, 1998
Exposition:  Sept 1-3, 1998

Support Service Conference & Expo West *
Moscone Convention Center
San Francisco, CA
http://www.sbforums.com/ssce
Customer Service
(888) 427-5477 (U.S. only)
(650) 372-6724 (International)
Conference:  Sept 8-11, 1998
Exposition:  Sept 8-10, 1998

Networld+Interop 98 London
Earls Court 2
London, England
http://www.interop.com/events
Information

Ramos                                                          [Page 33]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

011 (44) 0181 261 4415
Conference:  Oct 6-8, 1998
Exhibition:

Networld+Interop 98 Atlanta
Georgia World Congress Center
Atlanta, GA
http://www.interop.com/events
Customer Service
(800) 962-6513 (U.S. & Canada)
(650) 372-7079 (International)
Conference:  Oct 19-23, 1998
Exhibition:  Oct 21-23, 1998

Windows NT Intranet Solutions Japan
Makuhari Messe
Tokyo, Japan
Information
011 (81) 3 5642 8433
Conference:  Nov 4-6, 1998
Exhibition:  Nov 4-6, 1998

Networld+Interop 98 Paris
Porte de Versailles
Paris, France
http://www.interop.com/events
Information
011 (33) 1 46 39 5656
Conference:  Nov 3-6, 1998
Exhibition:  Nov 4-6, 1998

Networld+Interop 98 Sydney
Sydney Convention Center
Sydney, Australia
http://www.interop.com/events
Information
011 (61) 2 9369 1242
Conference:  Nov 23-27, 1998
Exposition:  Nov 25-27, 1998

Java Internet Business Expo
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
New York, NY
http://www.javaexpo.sbforums.com
Customer Service
(888) 528-2397 (U.S. & Canada)
(650) 372-7069 (International)
Conference:  Dec 7-10, 1998

Ramos                                                          [Page 34]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1997

Exposition:  Dec 8-10, 1998

Seybold Seminars Tokyo
Makuhari Messe
Tokyo, Japan
http://www.seyboldseminars.com
Information
011 (81) 3 5642 8433
Conference:  Dec 8-11, 1998
Exposition:  Dec 9-11, 1998

Strategic Networks Seminars

Strategic Networks offers one-day seminars for Interop Remote Access,
Interop NetSwitch, Interop WAN, and Interop Secure ManageNet
periodically throughout the year in various locations in the
United States.  For registration information, please call Strategic
Networks at 800-898-7488. For sponsor opportunities, please call
Strategic Networks at 800-999-7624.

Help Desk Institute Regional Seminar and Expo Series

Help Desk Institute offers several seminar series periodically
throughout the year in various locations across the United States.
For registration information, please call (800) 248-5667 or
(719) 531-5138 .

Software Support Professionals Association (SSPA)

SSPA offers a variety of support programs throughout the year which
include executive forums, software support conferences, and monthly
on-line roundtable and executive sessions. For a description of the
events and for registration information, please call SSPA at
(800) 801-1354 or (719) 531-6522.

SOFTBANK Knowledge Interact Seminars

SOFTBANK Knowledge Interact offers SkillTech Professional Seminars
periodically throughout the year in various locations throughout the
United States.  For a calendar of 1997 events and registration
information, please call SOFTBANK Knowledge Interact at 800-34-TRAIN.

All dates are subject to change
Revision date: 12/04/97
*Indicates an addition or correction
This document is for internal use only

Ramos                                                          [Page 35]