Subject: RFC 2250 on RTP Format for MPEG1/MPEG2 Video

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 15:22:57 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2250:

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for MPEG1/MPEG2 Video
	Author(s):  D. Hoffman, G. Fernando, V. Goyal, M. Civanlar
        Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       January 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
		    [email-masked], 
		    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 34293
        Obsoletes:  2038

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2250.txt

This memo describes a packetization scheme for MPEG video and audio
streams.  The scheme proposed can be used to transport such a video
or audio flow over the transport protocols supported by RTP.  Two
approaches are described. The first is designed to support maximum
interoperability with MPEG System environments.  The second is
designed to provide maximum compatibility with other RTP-encapsulated
media streams and future conference control work of the IETF.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.