Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mpls-vcid-atm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 14:44:21 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiprotocol Label Switching Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: VCID Notification over ATM link
	Author(s)	: N. Demizu, H. Esaki, K. Nagami, P. Doolan
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mpls-vcid-atm-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 10-Feb-98
	
   Several label switching schemes have been proposed to integrate Layer
   2 and Layer 3.  The ATM Label Switching Router (ATM-LSR) is one of
   the major applications of label switching. Because the ATM layer
   labels (VPI and VCI) associated with a VC may change on each VC of
   that VCC, it is not possible to use them to identify a VCC in label
   binding messages. The concept of Virtual Connection Identifier (VCID)
   is introduced to solve this problem.  VCID has the same value at both
   ends of a VCC.  This document specifies the procedures for the
   communication of VCID values between neighboring ATM-LSRs that must
   occur in order to ensure this property.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mpls-vcid-atm-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-vcid-atm-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mpls-vcid-atm-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.