Subject: Re: unresponsive secretariat

From: "Michael A Quinlan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 17:35:59 -0700

Steve Coya <[email-masked]> --

>We were behind on subscribe and unsubscribe requests, but I do believe we
>almost caught up...

Fred Baker <[email-masked]> --

>At 9:56 AM -0500 2/17/98, Donald E. Eastlake 3rd wrote:
>>Isn't the Secretariate still funded by the US Government?
>
>No. Since November, it has been funded entirely by meeting attendance fees.

Is the failure to automate the unsubscription process due to a lack of
funding, or is there some other problem?

Just curious,

--
Michael Quinlan
[email-masked]
http://www.primenet.com/~mikeq

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 17:18:31 -0800

>funding, or is there some other problem?

I think it's a matter of sequence of events. We have looked at such in the
past on a donation basis, and because it was coupled with some other things
that we didn't want to do, it wasn't done. Steve tells me that there is a
majordomo in the list's future, and he is getting the contractor to move
that up. They are also doing a fair bit with web pages and CGI scripts,
both internally and externally.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
"The best way to predict the future is to create it"
	---Peter Drucker