Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rolc-nhrp-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 09:50:24 -0500

Note:  This announcement is being re-sent with a correction made
       in the order of authorship.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internetworking Over NBMA Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: NBMA Next Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP)
	Author(s)	: J. Luciani, D. Katz, D. Piscitello, B. Cole
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rolc-nhrp-13.txt
	Pages		: 50
	Date		: 24-Dec-97
	
   This document describes the NBMA Next Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP).
   NHRP can be used by a source station (host or router) connected to a
   Non-Broadcast, Multi-Access (NBMA) subnetwork to determine the
   internetworking layer address and NBMA subnetwork addresses of the
   ''NBMA next hop'' towards a destination station.  If the destination is
   connected to the NBMA subnetwork, then the NBMA next hop is the
   destination station itself.  Otherwise, the NBMA next hop is the
   egress router from the NBMA subnetwork that is ''nearest'' to the
   destination station.  NHRP is intended for use in a multiprotocol
   internetworking layer environment over NBMA subnetworks.
 
   Note that while this protocol was developed for use with NBMA
   subnetworks, it is possible, if not likely, that it will be applied
   to BMA subnetworks as well.  However, this usage of NHRP is for
   further study.
 
   This document is intended to be a functional superset of the NBMA
   Address Resolution Protocol (NARP) documented in [1].
 
   Operation of NHRP as a means of establishing a transit path across an
   NBMA subnetwork between two routers will be addressed in a separate
   document (see [13]).

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rolc-nhrp-13.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rolc-nhrp-13.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rolc-nhrp-13.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.