Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-v6exts-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 12:13:48 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Extensions for the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol 
                          for IPv6
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-v6exts-08.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 03-Dec-97
	
   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 [3] (DHCPv6)
   provides a framework for passing configuration information to hosts
   on a TCP/IP network.  Configuration parameters and other control
   information are carried in typed data items that are stored in the
   ''extensions'' field of the DHCPv6 message.  The data items themselves
   are also called ''extensions.''
 
   This document specifies the current set of DHCPv6 extensions.  This
   document will be periodically updated as new extensions are defined.
   Each superseding document will include the entire current list of
   valid extensions.  The method for specifying new extensions is also
   included in this document.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-v6exts-08.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-v6exts-08.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-v6exts-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.