Subject: RFC 2230 on DNS Key Exchange Delegation Record

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 14:38:18 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2230

        Title:      Key Exchange Delegation Record for the DNS
	Author(s):  R. Atkinson
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       November 1997
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 25563
        Updates/Obsoletes:    None

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2230.txt

This note describes a mechanism whereby authorisation for one node to
act as key exchanger for a second node is delegated and made available
via the Secure DNS.  This mechanism is intended to be used only with
the Secure DNS.  It can be used with several security services.  For
example, a system seeking to use IP Security [RFC-1825, RFC-1826,
RFC-1827] to protect IP packets for a given destination can use this
mechanism to determine the set of authorised remote key exchanger
systems for that destination.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.