Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-montenegro-firewall-sup-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:54:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Firewall Support for Mobile IP
	Author(s)	: G. Montenegro, V. Gupta
	Filename	: draft-montenegro-firewall-sup-02.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 11-Nov-97
	
   The Mobile IP specification establishes the mechanisms that enable a
   mobile host to maintain and use the same IP address as it changes
   its point of attachment to the network. Mobility implies higher
   security risks than static operation, because the traffic may at
   times take unforeseen network paths with unknown or unpredictable
   security characteristics. The Mobile IP specification makes no
   provisions for securing data traffic.  The mechanisms described in
   this document allow a mobile node out on a public sector of the
   internet to negotiate access past a SKIP firewall, and construct a
   secure channel into its home network.
 
   In addition to securing traffic, our mechanisms allow a mobile node
   to roam into regions that (1) impose ingress filtering, and (2) use
   a different address space.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-montenegro-firewall-sup-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-montenegro-firewall-sup-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-montenegro-firewall-sup-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.