Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-oleary-icap-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 10:10:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Internet Calendar Access Protocol (ICAP)
	Author(s)	: P. O'Leary
	Filename	: draft-oleary-icap-03.txt
	Pages		: 49
	Date		: 03-Dec-97
	
This Internet Calendar Access Protocol  (ICAP) allows a client to
access, manipulate and store Calendar information on a server. ICAP
employs the iCalendar format [2] for interchange of calendaring
information.
 
ICAP includes operations for creating Calendar stores on a server,
opening them and retrieving information about them. When a Calendar
Store has been opened, it can be bounded by start and end times so that
the client can act on a smaller subset of Calendar information for more
efficient operation. ICAP allows users to store new Calendar Objects
into their own Calendar store and Calendar stores owned by other users
with a single operation.
 
ICAP supports searching iCalendar objects within a Calendar Store.
Searches can be based on any iCalendar property and filtered by
iCalendar Component type.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-oleary-icap-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-oleary-icap-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-oleary-icap-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.