Subject: Protocol Action: ACAP -- Application Configuration Access Protocol to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 13:44:26 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft the following two
Internet-Drafts as Proposesd Standards:
 o  ACAP -- Application Configuration Access Protocol 
	<draft-ietf-acap-spec-07.txt> 
 o  Anonymous SASL Mechanism
	<draft-ietf-acap-anon-01.txt>

These documents are the product of the Application Configuration Access
Protocol Working Group.  The IESG contact person(s) are Harald Alvestrand and Keith Moore

Technical Summary
 
  ACAP is designed to support remote storage and access of program option,
  configuration and preference information.  The data store model is designed
  to allow a client relatively simple access to interesting data, to allow
  new information to be easily added without server re-configuration, and to 
  promote the use of both standardized data and custom or proprietary data.

  The "Anonymous" mechanism for SASL is intended to allow URLs for ACAP data 
  that does not need authorization in a clean manner.

Working Group Summary

  The working group had consensus on the final outcome. Many issues were 
  discussed in great detail on the mailing list; consensus was found on all 
  points.

Protocol Quality

 The spec was reviewed for the IESG by Harald Alvestrand