Subject: RFC 2271 on SNMPv3 Architecture

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 15:28:49 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2271:

        Title:      An Architecture for Describing
		    SNMP Management Frameworks
	Author(s):  D. Harrington, R. Presuhn, B. Wijnen
        Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       January 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      56
        Characters: 128227
        Obsoletes:  2261

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2271.txt

This document describes an architecture for describing SNMP
Management Frameworks.  The architecture is designed to be modular to
allow the evolution of the SNMP protocol standards over time.  The
major portions of the architecture are an SNMP engine containing a
Message Processing Subsystem, a Security Subsystem and an Access
Control Subsystem, and possibly multiple SNMP applications which
provide specific functional processing of management data.

This document is a product of the SNMPv 3 Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.