Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-katsube-csr-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 11:17:47 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Cell Switch Router - Architecture and Protocol Overview -
	Author(s)	: Y. Katsube, H. Esaki, K. Nagami, Y. Ohba, S. Matsuzawa
	Filename	: draft-katsube-csr-arch-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 29-Dec-97
	
   This memorandum describes an internetworking architecture of Cell
   Switch Router (CSR) and related control protocol overview. Cell
   Switch Router is an ATM-based label switching router that can
   provide ATM cut-through paths for packet flows with various levels
   of granularity while retaining current router-based internetworking
   architecture. The proposed architecture is able to provide the
   cut-through path in response to the creation of IP forwarding entry
   (topology-driven), the arrival of data packets (traffic-driven),
   and the reception of control packets such as RSVP (request-driven).
   One important feature that is provided by the proposed architecture
   is interoperability with the emerging ATM network platform,
   specified by the ATM Forum and/or ITU-T, which provides PVC
   (Permanent Virtual Channel), VP (Virtual Path), or SVC (Switched
   Virtual Channel) services.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-katsube-csr-arch-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-katsube-csr-arch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-katsube-csr-arch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.