Subject: Changing the Subject: ARIN == MONEY

From: Jim Fleming <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 01:51:22 -0600

On Monday, February 23, 1998 6:29 PM, Donald E. Eastlake 3rd[SMTP:[email-masked]] wrote:
@	I've been digesting all the message I see about the so called
@"Internet governance" quagmire, including the constant hail of messages from
@the fanatics.  And that's quite a few messages and a lot of digesting, given
@that this nonsense has been going on for a couple of years now. 
@
@* Suddenly earlier this evening, it all became clear to me. *
@

Donald,

It is surprising that a fellow from "cybercash.com" would need
a couple of years to realize that some people are in this for
the MONEY.

Let's change the subject. If I recall, you were one of the people
that supported the need to spin off ARIN (http://www.arin.net)
from the InterNIC. At the time, you did not seem to be concerned
that MONEY was one of the main driving forces. If you recall,
ARIN set prices (some say fixed prices) based on European
and Asia/Pacific pricing. ARIN was also given a monopoly
and users with existing allocations had no recourse, no choice,
no voice in the matter. It was all a done deal from the start.

Can you please review for everyone why the ARIN money game
is somehow different from all of the other evil money grabs
that you have described ?

Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation
IBC, Tortola, BVI