Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-svrloc-api-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 10:55:09 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Service Location Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: An API for Service Location
	Author(s)	: D. Provan, J. Kempf, E. Guttman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-svrloc-api-02.txt
	Pages		: 78
	Date		: 24-Nov-97
	
   The Service Location Protocol (SLP) provides a new way for clients to
   dynamically discovery network services.  With SLP, it is simple to
   offer highly available services that require no user configuration
   or communication with network administrators prior to use.  This
   document describes standardized API's for SLP in C and Java.  The
   API's are modular and are designed to allow implementions to
   offer just the feature set needed.  In addition, a standardized
   configuration file format and a format for proxy registrations is
   defined.  The configuration file format allows SLP agents to set
   network and other parameters in a portable way.  The proxy file
   format allows legacy services to be registered with SLP directory
   agents in cases where modifying the legacy service program code is
   difficult or impossible.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-svrloc-api-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-api-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-svrloc-api-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.