Subject: RFC 2269 on MARS Model in non-ATM NBMA Networks

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 16:54:56 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2269:

        Title:      Using the MARS Model in non-ATM NBMA Networks
	Author(s):  G. Armitage
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       January 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12094
        Updates/Obsoletes:  None

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2269.txt

Initially developed for IP over ATM, the RFC 2022 (MARS) model is also
applicable to other NBMA networks that provide the equivalent of
switched, point to multipoint connections. This short document is
intended to state the obvious equivalences, and explain the less
obvious implications. No changes to the MARS model per se are
suggested or required. RFC 2022 is not required over NBMA networks
that offer Ethernet-like group addressing functionality.

This document is a product of the Internetworking Over NBMA Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.