Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-arch-sec-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 11:05:17 -0500

A Revised Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Security Architecture for the Internet Protocol
	Author(s)	: R. Atkinson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-arch-sec-02.txt
	Pages		: 63
	Date		: 14-Nov-97
	
   This memo specifies the base architecture for IPsec compliant
   systems.  The goal of the architecture is to provide various security
   services for traffic at the IP layer, in both the IPv4 and IPv6
   environments.  This document describes the goals of such systems,
   their components and how they fit together with each other and into
   the IP environment.  It also describes the security services offered
   by the IPsec protocols, and how these services can be employed in the
   IP environment.  This document does not address all aspects of IPsec
   architecture.  Subsequent documents will address additional
   architectural details of a more advanced nature, e.g., use of IPsec
   in NAT environments and more complete support for IP multicast.  The
   following fundamental components of the IPsec security architecture
   are discussed in terms of their underlying, required functionality.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-arch-sec-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-arch-sec-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-arch-sec-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.