Subject: meta-issue: timeliness of list maintainance.

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 17:22:07 -0500

I requested to have my subscription to this list changed a couple
weeks ago and it hasn't happened yet.  I have also seen other postings
to this list from others apparently experiencing the same problem.

I consider myself a active member of this working group, and my
current email address will cease to be useful to me within about a
month[1].

Following the bouncing chain of expn info, it appears that this list
is nominally maintained by several people at OpenVision who seems to
be ignoring their mail.  Is any current working group member in a
position to fix this problem?

					- Bill

[1] I will definitely be changing email addresses and will most likely
be also changing employers due to HP's decision to close the site I
work at.  <[email-masked]> will work as a long-term stable
address for me.

---

From: "Todd D. Ellner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 15:56:51 -0800

Likewise. I've been trying to get off this list for a little over a
week now, and no response.

Todd

---

From: "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 22:09:43 -0500

Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 17:22:07 -0500
   From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>

I sent mail to [email-masked] last week about some bouncing
e-mail, and got a response from someone who claimed that he was
processing requests once a week, and was trying to get someone take it
over within OpenVision.  

I'd suggest resending your request, and yes, we should try to find a
better long-term solution for dealing with list maintenance, since it
sounds like no one is particularly happy with the current state of
affairs.

							- Ted

---

From: Assar Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Dec 1997 09:38:08 +0100

> processing requests once a week, and was trying to get someone take it

I did that as well, but I haven't got any response yet.

> sounds like no one is particularly happy with the current state of

Would it be resonable to move it back to MIT?

/assar