Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tcpimpl-tools-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 10:48:33 -0500

A Revised Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Implementation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Some Testing Tools for TCP Implementors
	Author(s)	: S. Parker, C. Schmechel
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tcpimpl-tools-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 18-Nov-97
	
       Available tools for testing TCP implementations are catalogued by
       this memo.  Hopefully disseminating this information will
       encourage those responsible for building and maintaining TCP to
       make the best use of available tests.  The type of testing the
       tool provides, the type of tests it is capable of doing, and its
       availability is enumerated.  This document lists only tools which
       can evaluate one or more TCP implementations, and which can
       privde some specific results which describe or evaluate the TCP
       being tested.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tcpimpl-tools-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpimpl-tools-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpimpl-tools-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.