Subject: Internet Monthly Report for September, 1997

From: IMR Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 97 15:41:35 PST

The Internet Monthly Report for September, 1997 is now available
at the following location:

   URL=  ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/imr/imr9709.txt

The Internet Monthly Report (IMR) is normally distributed via EMail to
the IMR list and the IETF list.  For most readers this is the most
convenient way to receive the report.  However, there are some mail
systems or mail gateways that do not accommodate large messages (some
issues of the IMR are more than 100,000 characters).  Readers that do
not receive the IMR via the normal distribution may obtain copies via
FTP or EMail retrieval.

Requests to be added or deleted from the IMR report list:

The Internet Monthly Report list is managed by MajorDomo atISI.EDU.
The announcements of new issues on the Internet Monthly Report
are sent to the IETF-Announce list and to this IMR list.

Requests to be added or deleted from the Internet Monthly report list
should be sent to [email-masked] with the message body either
subscribe imr or unsubscribe imr.

Requests to be added or deleted from the IETF list should be sent to
[email-masked].

Internet Monthly Report availability via WWW, FTP and EMAIL:

IMR Retrieval using WWW
-----------------------

The URL below may be used in web browsers to access the IMRs.  You
will see a list of names in the form IMR9709.TXT.  For example,
IMR9709.TXT is the report for September 1997.

	URL: ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/imr

IMR Retrieval using EMAIL via the RFC-INFO Service
--------------------------------------------------

The EMail retrieval system RFC-Info will send a large report in
segments in separate EMail messages not exceeding 50,000 characters
each.

Details on obtaining the current IMR, or back issues, via FTP or EMAIL
may be obtained by sending an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with
the message body help: ways_to_get_imrs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting imrs

        help: ways_to_get_imrs

IMR Retrieval using FTP
-----------------------

IMRs are available via anonymous FTP from FTP.ISI.EDU, with the
pathname: in-notes/imr/imryymm.txt (where yymm refers to the date of
the IMR.
For example IMR9709.TXT is the report for September 1997).
Login with FTP username anonymous and password ftp.

IMR retrieval using MIME 
------------------------

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader
implementation to automatically retreive the current IMR.