Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-calsch-itip-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 09:51:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Calendaring and Scheduling Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: iCalendar Transport-Independent Interoperability 
                          Protocol (iTIP) Scheduling Events, BusyTime, To-dos 
                          and Journal Entries
	Author(s)	: R. Hopson, S. Mansour, F. Dawson, S. Silverberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-calsch-itip-01.txt
	Pages		: 78
	Date		: 28-Oct-97
	
   This document specifies how calendaring systems use iCalendar objects
   to interoperate with other calendar systems. It does so in a general
   way so as to allow multiple methods of communication between systems.
   Subsequent documents specify interoperable methods of communications
   between systems that use this protocol.
 
   The document outlines a model for calendar exchange that defines both
   static and dynamic event, to-do, journal and free/busy objects.
   Static objects are used to transmit information from one entity to
   another without the expectation of continuity or referential
   integrity with the original item. Dynamic objects are a superset of
   static objects and will gracefully degrade to their static
   counterparts for clients that only support static objects.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-calsch-itip-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-calsch-itip-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-calsch-itip-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.