Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idmr-cbt-br-spec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 10:40:46 -0500

A Revised Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Multicast Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Core Based Tree (CBT) Multicast Border 
                          Router Specification
	Author(s)	: A. Ballardie
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idmr-cbt-br-spec-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 18-Nov-97
	
   This document specifies the behaviour of a CBT multicast border
   router (BR) attaching a CBT multicast domain/region (stub or transit)
   to an inter-domain multicast tree, which may be source-rooted or
   shared, data driven or explicit join.
 
   This draft assumes a CBT domain's multicast border routers have im-
   plemented Multicast BGP (or other mechanism) such that they can main-
   tain ''come from'' (multicast) paths that reflect local multicast poli-
   cy. These may be independent of unicast (''go to'') paths and policy.
   Provision for this capability in BGP is described in [1].
 
   The document provides guidelines that are intended to be generally
   aligned with the mechanisms described in the ''Interoperability Rules
   for Multicast Routing Protocols'' [2]. Certain aspects of those rules
   may be interpreted and implemented differently, and therefore some
   discretion is left to the implementor.

   This document assumes the reader is familiar with  the CBT protocol
   [3].

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idmr-cbt-br-spec-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idmr-cbt-br-spec-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idmr-cbt-br-spec-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.