Subject: RFC 2268 on RC2(r) Encryption Algorithm

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 14:26:57 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2268:

        Title:      A Description of the RC2(r) Encryption Algorithm
	Author(s):  R. Rivest
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       March 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
	Pages:      11
        Characters: 19048
        Updates/Obsoletes: None    

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/rfc/rfc2268.txt

This memo describes a conventional (secret-key) block encryption
algorithm, called RC2, which may be considered as a proposal for a DES
replacement. The input and output block sizes are 64 bits each. The
key size is variable, from one byte up to 128 bytes, although the
current implementation uses eight bytes.  The algorithm is designed to
be easy to implement on 16-bit microprocessors. On an IBM AT, the
encryption runs about twice as fast as DES (assuming that key
expansion has been done).

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.