Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ftpext-intl-ftp-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:16:55 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Extensions to FTP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Internationalization of the File Transfer Protocol
	Author(s)	: B. Curtin
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ftpext-intl-ftp-04.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 24-Feb-98
	
        The File Transfer Protocol, as defined in RFC 959 [RFC959] and
        RFC 1123 Section 4 [RFC1123], is one of the oldest and widely
        used protocols on the Internet. The protocol's primary
        character set, 7 bit ASCII, has served the protocol well
        through the early growth years of the Internet. However, as the
        Internet becomes more global, there is a need to support
        character sets beyond 7 bit ASCII.
 
        This document addresses the internationalization (I18n) of FTP,
        which includes supporting the multiple character sets found
        throughout the Internet community.  This is achieved by
        extending the FTP specification and giving recommendations for
        proper internationalization support.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ftpext-intl-ftp-04.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-intl-ftp-04.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-intl-ftp-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.