Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-02.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 11:45:45 -0500

A Revised Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Profile for Audio and Video Conferences 
                          with Minimal Control
	Author(s)	: H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-02.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 26-Nov-97
	
         This memo describes a profile called ''RTP/AVP'' for the
         use of the real-time transport protocol (RTP), version 2,
         and the associated control protocol, RTCP, within audio
         and video multiparticipant conferences with minimal
         control. It provides interpretations of generic fields
         within the RTP specification suitable for audio and video
         conferences. In particular, this document defines a set
         of default mappings from payload type numbers to
         encodings.
 
         The document also describes how audio and video data may
         be carried within RTP. It defines a set of standard
         encodings and their names when used within RTP. However,
         the encoding definitions are independent of the
         particular transport mechanism used. The descriptions
         provide pointers to reference implementations and the
         detailed standards. This document is meant as an aid for
         implementors of audio, video and other real-time
         multimedia applications.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.