Subject: RFC 2236 on Internet Group Management Protocol

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 12:53:43 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2236

	Title:      Internet Group Management Protocol, Version 2
	Author(s):  W. Fenner
        Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       November 1997
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 51048
        Updates:    1112

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2236.txt

This memo documents IGMPv2, used by IP hosts to report their multicast
group memberships to routers.  It updates STD 5, RFC 1112.  IGMPv2
allows group membership termination to be quickly reported to the
routing protocol, which is important for high-bandwidth multicast
groups and/or subnets with highly volatile group membership.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document is a product of the Inter-Domain Multicast Routing
Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.