Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-webdav-depth-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:49:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the WWW Distributed Authoring and Versioning Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: WebDAV Tree Operations
	Author(s)	: Y. Goland, S. Reddy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-webdav-depth-01.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 11-Nov-97
	
   The WebDAV protocol specification [Goland et al., 1997] defines the
   DELETE, COPY and MOVE methods. However these methods have a scope of
   a single source resource. It is common for principals to wish to
   perform a DELETE, COPY or MOVE on a collection and all its internal
   members. This specification defines the DELETE-TREE, COPY-TREE and
   MOVE-TREE methods that perform the equivalent of DELETE, COPY and
   MOVE across a collection and all its progeny.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-webdav-depth-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-depth-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-webdav-depth-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.