Subject: Protocol Action: Netware/IP Domain Name and Information to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 13:59:29 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Netware/IP Domain Name and
Information' <draft-ietf-dhc-netware-options-01.txt> as a Proposed
Standard.  This document is the product of the Dynamic Host
Configuration Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Jeffrey
Burgan and Thomas Narten.

Technical Summary

 The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) (RFC 2131) provides a
 way for passing configuration information to hosts on a TCP/IP
 network. DHCP also includes an option mechanism that is used for
 carrying optional configuration information.  This document defines
 two new options. The first carries a NetWare/IP domain name to a
 client, the second contains one or more NetWare/IP sub-options, each
 consisting of a (type, length, value) tuple that carries
 NetWare/IP-specific data.

Working Group Summary

 There was consensus in the WG for this document.

Protocol Quality

 This protocol has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten