Subject: CAT I-D Inventory

From: "Linn, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:21:06 -0500

As of 25 February, this is my sense of the currently active CAT-WG
Internet-Drafts and their status, based on examination of the I-D
repository, the minutes from the DC meeting, and subsequent messages;
additions, comments, or corrections (particularly from document editors)
solicited and appreciated.  There are a large number of Internet-Drafts
currently associated with the CAT-WG, and I'd like to clarify which ones
are active so that we can focus on them. 

LAST-CALLS (ONGOING OR CONCLUDED):

draft-ietf-cat-ftpdsaauth-01.txt: this version responded to the small
number of comments received during the February WG Last-Call; I believe
that it should be updated editorially to cite RFC-2228 and that it would
be consistent with DC meeting discussion to then submit it to the IESG
on behalf of the WG.  Review discussion was very quiet, however, making
it difficult to ascertain or demonstrate active review of the
specification (and, therefore, to satisfy its procedural requirements
for advancement); if others have reviewed this document, it would be
helpful if they could make themselves known in order to identify
constituency of interest. 

draft-ietf-cat-rfc2078bis-03.txt: in WG Last-Call

draft-ietf-cat-snego-07.txt: as of DC, "final update to be made in
response to issue discussed at meeting, result to be reviewed and
forwarded to IESG"

draft-ietf-cat-idup-gss-09.txt: update planned in response to discussion
at DC IETF

NEW OR UPDATED DRAFTS SINCE DC MEETING: 

draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-recovery-00.txt: new draft since DC

draft-ietf-cat-mpaker-00.txt: new draft since DC

draft-ietf-cat-iakerb-01.txt: updated since DC meeting

draft-ietf-cat-user2user-02.txt: updated from -01 version current as of
DC meeting

draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-revisions-01.txt: as of DC meeting, "intent for
revision [of kerberos-revisions-00] in January as input to WG
Last-Call"; is kerberos-revisions-01 the version which is considered
ready for Last-Call?

UNCHANGED SINCE DC MEETING BUT WITH ACTIONS PENDING:

draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-anoncred-00.txt: as of DC meeting: "to be
released as informational document along with rfc1510bis and PKINIT, on
which it depends"

draft-ietf-cat-krb5-firewalls-00.txt: targeted for Informational.

draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-cross-03.txt: as of DC meeting: "further
discussion and revision needed"

draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-init-05.txt: as of DC meeting: "issues to be
discussed; intent for revision and WG Last-Call before LA IETF"

draft-ietf-cat-kerb-chg-password-00.txt: as of DC meeting: "different
implementations have reportedly interoperated; draft to be reissued"

draft-ietf-cat-ftpkeasj-00.txt: currently targeted for Informational
status

draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-cbind-05.txt: some list discussion has requested
bindings-level changes; update plans not known

draft-ietf-cat-pktapp-00.txt: as of DC, "to be revised and reissued; new
version depends on PKINIT and is intended to be informational"

draft-ietf-cat-xgssapi-acc-cntrl-02.txt: as of DC, "According to Denis
Pinkas, this approach currently supports DCE and SESAME; document
unchanged; review and discussion was resolicited."

INACTIVE OR OBSOLETE DRAFTS:

draft-ietf-cat-krb5-ipv6-00.txt, draft-ietf-cat-krb5-tcp-00.txt: as of
DC, both described as "subsumed into 1510bis".  To be expired.

draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-err-msg-00.txt: as of DC meeting: "obsolete:
subsumed into rfc1510bis"; to be expired

draft-ietf-cat-idup-cbind-03.txt: not currently active

--jl

John Linn ([email-masked])
RSA Laboratories East, Bedford, MA, USA