Subject: Terminal Room Announcement

From: Louis Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 10:51:35 -0500

Dear IETF Washington attendees,

This message contains information regarding the terminal room which is being
set-up for the 40th IETF meeting being held in Washington D.C.  December 5 -
12.  The terminal room will be located in the Diplomat Room of the Omni
Shoreham Hotel in Washington.

The terminal room will include 3 HP Laserjet Printers ( 2 plain paper, 1 for
overhead transparencies ).  There will be 30 PC's running a mixture of Windows
NT, and Windows 95.  All will be installed with Netscape Navigator.  The room
will also have 30 SUN Ultra 1 workstations.  The SUN workstations will also be
running Netscape Navigator.  The terminal room will also have 60 10BaseT
drops, for PC Laptops, and Mac Powerbooks.

Attendees will be able to plug into any of the 10BASET drops without the use
of DHCP, we will accomplish this by using a Newbridge VIVID Network.  Because
of the nature of the network a DHCP server will not be needed.  MCI have
provided us with 8 Class C addresses. We have requested this amount so that
each attendee to the IETF can be given their own IP address for their PC
Laptop, or Mac. The attendees will be given IP address from one of the
following Class C addresses:

166.49.1.0
166.49.2.0
166.49.3.0
166.49.4.0
166.49.5.0
166.49.6.0
166.49.7.0
All SUB NET MASKS will be 255.255.255.0
If we need to, some IP addresses can be provided from 166.49.0.0, with the
same SUB NET MASK.

Digital will be providing wireless ethernet access points, these points will
be numbered out of the 166.49.0.0 Class C network.

For those who need an IP address prior to the commencement of the
IETF meeting, send your request to:

   Susan Lewis <[email-masked]>

That's all for now, see you in Washington.

Louis Martin