Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-tsirtsis-nat-bypass-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 11:53:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: NAT Bypass for End 2 End 'sensitive' applications
	Author(s)	: A. O''Neill, G. Tsirtsis
	Filename	: draft-tsirtsis-nat-bypass-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 14-Jan-98
	
This document attempts to generate discussion on  methods to run  end
   2 end 'sensitive' protocols and capabilities, like IPSEC, on networks
   that use Network Address Translators (NAT). The proposal does  so  by
   outlining  one  method  to bypass NAT, when the required capabilities
   cannot be supported by NAT. The method uses a tunnel between a  local
   host  and  the NAT box  in order to dynamically allocate addresses to
   those hosts that need to communicate with external networks. With  an
   allocated  external  address, the local hosts are able to communicate
   with external hosts without breaking the end 2  end  principle.  This
   proposal  does  not  introduce  any  new  protocols, it simply reuses
   existing protocols to provide an example solution.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-tsirtsis-nat-bypass-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-tsirtsis-nat-bypass-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-tsirtsis-nat-bypass-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.