Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lewis-dnssig-authorization-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 13:08:34 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: DNSSEC Signature and Data Verification Semantics
	Author(s)	: O. Gudmundsson, E. Lewis
	Filename	: draft-lewis-dnssig-authorization-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 04-Dec-97
	
    This draft discusses authorization models for DNSSEC that can be
    used to determine the relationship of a KEY RR and a DNS RRset
    in the validation process.  Is this key trusted to sign for this
    data?  Is this data trusted because it was signed by this key?
    This draft defines a number of different policies that can be
    used and what the signing authority of keys are in each.  This
    draft also addresses what steps are recommended in the secure
    DNS resolution process and how the authorization policy is put
    to use. The ideas and definitions expressed here are based on
    the authors experience in implementing a reference secure
    resolver.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lewis-dnssig-authorization-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-lewis-dnssig-authorization-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lewis-dnssig-authorization-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.