Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 14:54:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Extensions to FTP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Extended Directory Listing and 
                          Restart Mechanism for FTP
	Author(s)	: R. Elz, P. Hethmon
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-03.txt
	Pages		: 32
	Date		: 04-Dec-97
	
   In order to overcome the problems caused by the undefined format of
   the current FTP LIST command output, a new command is needed to
   transfer standardized listing information from Server-FTP to Client-
   FTP.  Commands to enable this are defined in this document.
 
   This proposal also extends the FTP protocol to allow character sets
   other than US-ASCII[1] by allowing the transmission of 8-bit
   characters and the recommended use of UTF-8[2] encoding.
 
   Much implemented, but long undocumented, mechanisms to permit
   restarts of interrupted data transfers in STREAM mode, are also
   included here.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ftpext-mlst-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.