Subject: BCP 18, RFC 2277 on Charset Policy

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 15:01:50 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 18:
        RFC 2277:

        Title:      IETF Policy on Character Sets and Languages
	Author(s):  H. Alvestrand
        Status:     Best Current Practice
	Date:       January 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
	Pages:      9
        Characters: 16622
        Updates/Obsoletes:  None

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2277.txt

This document is the current policies being applied by the Internet
Engineering Steering Group (IESG) towards the standardization efforts
in the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) in order to help
Internet protocols fulfill these requirements.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.