Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-eastlake-card-map-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 09:26:18 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Mapping ISO 7812 Card Numbers into 
                          the Domain Name System
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake
	Filename	: draft-eastlake-card-map-01.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 25-Feb-98
	
   There are a variety of web pages, servers, and the like, which
   holders of ISO 7812 based financial transaction identification cards
   may need to locate on the Internet.  For example, the SET protocol
   being developed by VISA, MasterCard, and others assumes that a
   cardholder can locate the appropriate certification authority to
   obtain a cardholder certificate.  This document proposes a method
   using the DNS  to locate financial transaction card related
   facilities on the Internet by mapping ISO 7812 derived card numbers
   into domain names within in the card.reg.int domain.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-eastlake-card-map-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-card-map-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-eastlake-card-map-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.