Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ids-ph-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 09:24:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Integrated Directory Services Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: The CCSO Nameserver (Ph) Architecture
	Author(s)	: P. Pomes, R. Hedberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ids-ph-04.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 03-Dec-97
	
   The Ph Nameserver from the Computing and Communications Services
   Office (CCSO), University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign has for
   some time now been used by several organizations as their choice of
   publicly available database for information about people as well as
   other things.  It is now widely felt that the Internet community
   would benefit from having a more rigorous definition of the client-
   server protocol.  This document will hopefully achieve that goal.
   The Ph service as specified in this document is built around an
   information model, a client command language and the server
   responses.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ids-ph-04.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ids-ph-04.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ids-ph-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.