Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-issll-is802-framework-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 10:43:17 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Integrated Services over Specific Link Layers 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Framework for Providing Integrated Services Over 
                          Shared and Switched IEEE 802 LAN Technologies
	Author(s)	: M. Seaman, A. Smith, V. Srinivasan, W. Pace, A. Ghanwani
	Filename	: draft-ietf-issll-is802-framework-03.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 02-Dec-97
	
This memo describes a framework for supporting IETF Integrated Services
on shared and switched LAN infrastructures. It  includes background
material on the capabilities of IEEE 802-like networks with regard to
parameters that affect Integrated Services such as access latency, delay
variation and queueing support in LAN switches. It discusses aspects of
IETF's Integrated Services model that cannot easily be accommodated in
different LAN environments. It outlines a functional model for
supporting the Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) in such LAN
environments.  Details of extensions to RSVP for use over LANs are
described in an accompanying memo [14]. Mappings of the assorted
Integrated Services onto IEEE LANs are described in another memo [13].

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-issll-is802-framework-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-is802-framework-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-is802-framework-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.