Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-vers2-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 09:50:39 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: OSPF Version 2
	Author(s)	: J. Moy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ospf-vers2-02.txt
	Pages		: 215
	Date		: 07-Jan-98
	
    This memo documents version 2 of the OSPF protocol.  OSPF is a
    link-state routing protocol.  It is designed to be run internal to a
    single Autonomous System.  Each OSPF router maintains an identical
    database describing the Autonomous System's topology.  From this
    database, a routing table is calculated by constructing a shortest-
    path tree.
 
    OSPF recalculates routes quickly in the face of topological changes,
    utilizing a minimum of routing protocol traffic.  OSPF provides
    support for equal-cost multipath.  An area routing capability is
    provided, enabling an additional level of routing protection and a
    reduction in routing protocol traffic.  In addition, all OSPF
    routing protocol exchanges are authenticated.
 
    The differences between this memo and RFC 2178 are explained in
    Appendix G. All differences are backward-compatible in nature.
    Implementations of this memo and of RFCs 2178, 1583, and 1247 will
    interoperate.

    Please send comments to [email-masked].

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ospf-vers2-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-vers2-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-vers2-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.