Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mohr-whodp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 14:35:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: WhoDP: Widely Hosted Object Data Protocol
	Author(s)	: G. Mohr
	Filename	: draft-mohr-whodp-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 05-Mar-98
	
  The Widely Hosted Object Data Protocol (WhoDP) exists to
  communicate the current location and state of large numbers of
  dynamic, relocatable objects. Initially and most commonly, these
  objects are people, and the groupings or spaces that people use
  to enable communication.
 
  Loosely patterned after HTTP, WhoDP implements a publish-and-
  subscribe model, with objects' location and identity specified
  via URLs. A WhoDP program ''subscribes'' to locate and receive
  information about an object; a WhoDP program ''publishes'' to
  control the location and visible state of an object.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mohr-whodp-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mohr-whodp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mohr-whodp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.