Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-hanna-marp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 11:16:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Multicast Address Request Protocol (MARP)
	Author(s)	: S. Hanna
	Filename	: draft-hanna-marp-00.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 30-Jan-98
	
   The Multicast Address Request Protocol (MARP) serves as a front end
   to the Multicast Address Allocation Architecture. Any host that
   wishes to allocate a multicast address may contact a Multicast
   Address Allocation Server and use MARP to request an address
   allocation for a specific interval, scope, etc. Later, the host may
   request an extension of the address allocation or deallocate the
   address if it is no longer needed.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-hanna-marp-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-hanna-marp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-hanna-marp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.