Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-salgarelli-issll-mis-00.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:32:40 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Supporting IP Multicast Integrated Services 
                          in ATM Networks
	Author(s)	: M. Smirnow, H. Sanneck, D. Witaszek, 
                          L. Salgarelli, A. Corghi
	Filename	: draft-salgarelli-issll-mis-00.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 10-Nov-97
	
   This memo presents an integrated, server-based mechanism for the
   efficient support of the IP Integrated Services (IIS) model in ATM
   networks, namely the Multicast Integration Server (MIS) architecture.
   Instead of viewing IP-ATM multicast address resolution and QoS
   support separately, the approach in this memo is to consider such
   issues in an integrated manner.  In particular, the MIS architecture
   defines how a layer-3 setup protocol as RSVP can be mapped to and
   integrated with a layer-2 multicast address resolution protocol as
   EARTH - EAsy Multicast Routing THrough ATM clouds.  With the use of
   EARTH, several ATM point-to-multipoint connections with different QoS
   parameters can be associated to a single IP multicast address.  An
   RSVP server (RSVP-S) within the MIS is used to distribute RSVP
   messages inside the ATM cloud and to set the corresponding QoS state
   in the address resolution table of EARTH (setup protocol mapping).
   In addition, this memo defines a quantized heterogeneity model which
   supports, together with the MIS, advanced IIS features as QoS
   heterogeneity and dynamic QoS changes in IP-ATM networks.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-salgarelli-issll-mis-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-salgarelli-issll-mis-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-salgarelli-issll-mis-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.