Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-demchenko-koi8-ru-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 12:06:42 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Registration of a Ukrainian 
                          Cyrillic Character Set KOI8-RU 
                          (as extension to Russian KOI8-R and ISO-IR-111)
	Author(s)	: Y. Demchenko
	Filename	: draft-demchenko-koi8-ru-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 14-Nov-97
	
   This document provides information about widely used in Ukrainian
   Internet community (including Ukraine and worldwide Ukrainian
   speaking community)character set for mail and news exchange as
   well as for presentation WWW information resources in Ukrainian
   language. ''KOI8-RU'' (KOI8 Russian and Ukrainian) summarises and
   completes de-facto standard koi8-u accepted by all Ukrainian
   community in the Internet and unofficially published at many sites.
   KOI8-RU is compatible with KOI8-R (RFC 1489) in all Cyrillic
   Letters and completes it with four Ukrainian letters which
   locations are complaint with ISO-IR-111.
   KOI8-RU should be registered to support and facilitate general and
   cultural information content development and dissemination. Support
   of Ukrainian language in new software product is restrained by absent
   of officially registered and widely published de-facto used Ukrainian
   charset.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-demchenko-koi8-ru-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-demchenko-koi8-ru-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-demchenko-koi8-ru-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.