Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-srisuresh-lsnat-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:16:45 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Load Sharing using IP Network Address Translation (LSNAT)
	Author(s)	: D. Gan, P. Srisuresh
	Filename	: draft-srisuresh-lsnat-01.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 24-Feb-98
	
   Network Address Translators (NATs) translate IP addresses in a
   datagram, transparent to end nodes, while routing the datagram.
   NATs have traditionally been been used to allow private network
   domains to connect to Global networks using as few as one
   globally unique IP address.  In this document, we extend the
   use of NATs to offer Load share feature, where session load can
   be distributed across a pool of servers, instead of directing
   to a single server.  Load sharing is beneficial to service
   providers and system administrators alike in grappling with
   scalability of servers with increasing session load.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-srisuresh-lsnat-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-srisuresh-lsnat-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-srisuresh-lsnat-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.