Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ohta-misty1desc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 11:11:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Description of the MISTY1 Encryption Algorithm
	Author(s)	: M. Matsui, H. Ohta
	Filename	: draft-ohta-misty1desc-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 29-Dec-97
	
   This document describes a secret-key cryptosystem MISTY1, which is
   block cipher with a 128-bit key, a 64-bit block and a variable number
   of rounds.  It is designed on the basis of the theory of provable
   security against differential and linear cryptanalysis, and moreover
   it realizes high-speed encryption on hardware platforms as well as on
   software environments.
 
   Our implementation shows that MISTY1 with eight rounds can encrypt a
   data stream in CBC mode at a speed of 20Mbps and 40Mbps on
   Pentium/100MHz and PA-7200/120MHz, respectively.  For its hardware
   performance, we have produced a prototype LSI by a process of 0.5-
   micron CMOS gate-array and confirmed a speed of 450Mbps.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ohta-misty1desc-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ohta-misty1desc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ohta-misty1desc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.