Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-thorne-vbi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 12:56:39 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: THE TRANSMISSION OF IP OVER THE VERTICAL 
                          BLANKING INTERVAL OF A PAL TELEVISION SIGNAL
	Author(s)	: N. Thorne
	Filename	: draft-thorne-vbi-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 26-Nov-97
	
This is an Internet-Draft, which describes a method for broadcasting
multicast IP data using the vertical blanking interval of a PAL
television signal.  It includes a description for compressing
multicast IP headers on unidirectional networks, a framing protocol
identical to SLIP,  forward error correction schemes for the WST
standards. A related Internet-Draft, Ref.[1], is progressing
transmission of IP over the VBI of an NTSC television signal.
 
Keywords: VBI, PAL, broadcast, push, FEC, television, NABTS, WST, IP

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-thorne-vbi-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-thorne-vbi-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-thorne-vbi-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.