Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gellens-pop-url-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:07:56 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: POP URL Scheme
	Author(s)	: R. Gellens
	Filename	: draft-gellens-pop-url-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 09-Feb-98
	
    [POP3] is a widely-deployed mail access protocol.  Many programs
    access POP3 message stores, and thus need POP3 configuration
    information. [ACAP] is a protocol designed for access to such
    configuration data.  In general, ACAP datasets prefer to use URLs
    [BASIC-URL] as a convenient, single-string representation of access
    to a specific service.  For example, an [IMAP4] message store is
    usually specified in ACAP datasets as an [IMAP-URL].  ACAP datasets
    used by POP clients need a means of specifying a POP mailbox as a
    URL.  This memo defines such a URL scheme for referencing a POP
    mailbox.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gellens-pop-url-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-gellens-pop-url-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gellens-pop-url-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.