Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-urlreg-guide-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 10:04:20 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Uniform Resource Locator Registration 
Procedures Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Guidelines for new URL Schemes
	Author(s)	: H. Alvestrand, L. Masinter, D. Zigmond
	Filename	: draft-ietf-urlreg-guide-01.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 22-Dec-97
	
   A Uniform Resource Locator (URL) is a compact string representation
   of the location for a resource that is available via the Internet.
   [RFC URL-SYNTAX] defines the general syntax and semantics of URLs.
   This document provides guidelines for the definition of new URL
   schemes and describes the process by which they are registered.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-urlreg-guide-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urlreg-guide-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-urlreg-guide-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.