Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mogul-pps-api-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:43:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Pulse-Per-Second API for UNIX
	Author(s)	: D. Mills, J. Mogul, J. Brittenson
	Filename	: draft-mogul-pps-api-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 13-Jan-98
	
        RFC1589 describes a UNIX kernel implementation model for
        high-precision time-keeping.  This is meant for use in
        conjunction with the Network Time Protocol (NTP, RFC1305),
        or similar time synchronization protocols.  One aspect of
        this model is an accurate interface to the high-accuracy,
        one pulse-per-second (PPS) output typically available from
        precise time sources (such as a GPS or GOES receiver).
        RFC1589 did not define an API for managing the PPS
        facility.  This document specifies such an API.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mogul-pps-api-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-mogul-pps-api-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mogul-pps-api-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.