Subject: BCP 10, RFC 2282 on IAB and IESG Selection

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 09:51:25 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 10:
	RFC 2282:

        Title:      IAB and IESG Selection, Confirmation, and Recall
		    Process: Operation of the Nominating and Recall
		    Committees
	Author(s):  J. Galvin
        Status:     Best Current Practice
	Date:       February 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
	Pages:      14
        Characters: 29852
        Obsoletes:  2027

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2282.txt

The process by which the members of the IAB and IESG are selected,
confirmed, and recalled is specified.  The evolution of the process
has relied principally on oral tradition as a means by which the
lessons learned could be passed on to successive committees.  This
document is a self-consistent, organized compilation of the process
as it is known today.

This document is  a product of the Process for Organization of Internet
Standards ONg Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.