Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fleischman-asf-00.txt (Fwd)

From: Michael Speer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 22:20:46 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

A procedural question.  What working group does this belong in? In general,
past history indicates that the IETF does NOT standardize file formats. Isn't
this still the case? 

Michael

>----------------Begin Forwarded Message----------------<

To: IETF-Announce:;@ns.ietf.org
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fleischman-asf-00.txt
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 09:01:31 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Advanced Streaming Format (ASF) Specification
	Author(s)	: E. Fleischman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fleischman-asf-00.txt
	Pages		: 74
	Date		: 13-Feb-98
	
The Advanced Streaming Format (ASF) is an extensible file format 
designed to store synchronized multimedia data.  It supports data 
delivery over a wide variety of networks and protocols while still 
proving suitable for local playback. ASF supports advanced multimedia 
capabilities including extensible media types, component download, 
scaleable media types, author-specified stream prioritization, multiple 
language support, and extensive bibliographic capabilities, including 
document and content management.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fleischman-asf-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fleischman-asf-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fleischman-asf-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
>----------------End Forwarded Message----------------<