Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-nagami-csr-fanpv2-dcmode-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 10:01:32 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Flow Attribute Notification Protocol 
                          Version 2 (FANPv2) Distributed Control Mode 
	Author(s)	: Y. Katsube, K. Nagami, A. Mogi, S. Matsuzawa, K. Ise
	Filename	: draft-nagami-csr-fanpv2-dcmode-00.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 29-Dec-97
	
    This memo describes the specification of FANPv2 (Flow Attribute
    Notification Protocol version 2) distributed control mode (DC-mode).
    The FANPv2 is a protocol used by Cell Switch Routers (CSRs) to
    communicate mapping information between a specific packet flow and a
    virtual connection that conveys the packet flow.  In the DC-mode,
    the control message exchange for a packet flow between each pair of
    neighboring CSRs is initiated independently from the message
    exchange for the same flow between any other pair of CSRs. The
    DC-mode is applicable to the control of both unicast and multicast
    cut-through paths.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-nagami-csr-fanpv2-dcmode-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-nagami-csr-fanpv2-dcmode-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-nagami-csr-fanpv2-dcmode-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.