Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mhtml-rev-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 09:54:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate HTML Documents Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate Documents, 
                          such as HTML (MHTML)
	Author(s)	: A. Hopmann, J. Palme
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mhtml-rev-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 06-Nov-97
	
   Although HTML [RFC 1866] was designed within the context of MIME,
   more than the specification of HTML as defined in RFC 1866 is needed
   for two electronic mail user agents to be able to interoperate using
   HTML as a document format. These issues include the naming of
   objects that are normally referred to by URIs, and the means of
   aggregating objects that go together. This document describes a set
   of guidelines that will allow conforming mail user agents to be able
   to send, deliver and display these objects, such as HTML objects,
   that can contain links represented by URIs. In order to be able to
   handle inter-linked objects, the document uses the MIME type
   ''multipart/related'' and specifies the MIME content-headers
   ''Content-Location'' and ''Content-Base''. The guidelines in this
   document can also be used when sending aggregate HTML objects in
   other forms than e-mail, such as through HTTP or FTP.
 
   Differences compared to the previous version of this proposed
   standard, published in RFC 2110, are summarized in chapter 13.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mhtml-rev-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mhtml-rev-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mhtml-rev-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.