Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-guerin-aggreg-rsvp-00.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 12:45:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Aggregating RSVP-based QoS Requests
	Author(s)	: R. Guerin, S. Herzog, S. Blake
	Filename	: draft-guerin-aggreg-rsvp-00.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 20
	Date		: 26-Nov-97
	
   This document describes issues and approaches related to aggregation
   of QoS requests, when RSVP [BZB+97] is the protocol used to convey
   such requests.  Aggregation is an important component to provide
   scalable QoS solutions, especially in the core of the backbone
   where the sheer number of flows mandates some form of aggregation.
   However, aggregation needs to be provided without impacting the
   ability to provide end-to-end QoS guarantees to individual flows.
   In this document, we review some of the main goals of aggregation
   and describe possible solutions, that do not preclude support for
   end-to-end QoS guarantees.  Those solutions are targeted at unicast
   flows as we expect them to represent a large fraction of the flows
   requesting reservation, and hence to be the main contributors to
   potential scalability problems with RSVP.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-guerin-aggreg-rsvp-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-guerin-aggreg-rsvp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-guerin-aggreg-rsvp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.