Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rfced-info-koi8-u-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 10:49:43 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Ukrainian Character Set KOI8-U
	Author(s)	: Y. Demchenko, R. Tkachuk, D. Kohmanyuk, 
                          I. Sviridov, M. Sereda
	Filename	: draft-rfced-info-koi8-u-02.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 04-Feb-98
	
   This document provides information about widely used in Ukrainian
   Internet community, including Ukraine and worldwide Ukrainian
   speaking community, character encoding koi8-u for mail and news
   exchange as well as for presentation WWW information resources in
   Ukrainian language. KOI8-U (KOI8 Ukrainian) is de-facto standard
   widely accepted by Ukrainian Internet community with resources on it
   published at many sites, including encoding tables, fonts, and
   locale support for many operating systems and environments. KOI8-U
   is compatible with KOI8-R (RFC 1489) in all Cyrillic letters and
   extends it with four Ukrainian letters which locations are compliant
   with ISO-IR-111. KOI8-U charset tables in RFC1345 ISO 9945-2 formats
   are given in Appendixes.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rfced-info-koi8-u-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-rfced-info-koi8-u-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rfced-info-koi8-u-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.