Subject: RFC 2256 on LDAPv3 Schema

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 16:42:46 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2256

        Title:      A Summary of the X.500(96) User Schema for use
		    with LDAPv3
	Author(s):  M. Wahl
        Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       December 1997
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 32377
        Updates/Obsoletes: None

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2256.txt

This document provides an overview of the attribute types and object 
classes defined by the ISO and ITU-T committees in the X.500 
documents, in particular those intended for use by directory clients.
This is the most widely used schema for LDAP/X.500 directories, and 
many other schema definitions for white pages objects use it as a 
basis.  This document does not cover attributes used for the 
administration of X.500 directory servers, nor does it include 
attributes defined by other ISO/ITU-T documents.

This document is a product of the Access, Searching and Indexing of
Directories Working Group of the IETF.
 
This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.
 
This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.