Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ohba-csr-fanpv2-icmode-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 10:02:33 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Flow Attribute Notification Protocol 
                          Version 2 (FANPv2)  Ingress Control Mode
	Author(s)	: Y. Katsube, Y. Ohba, J. Takahashi, S. Matsuzawa
	Filename	: draft-ohba-csr-fanpv2-icmode-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 30-Dec-97
	
    This  memo describes  the  specification of  FANPv2 (Flow  Attribute
    Notification Protocol version 2) Ingress Control Mode (IC Mode). The
    FANPv2  is  a  protocol  used  by   Cell  Switch Routers   (CSRs) to
    communicate mapping information between a specific packet flow and a
    virtual connection that conveys the packet flow. The IC Mode is used
    for establishing and releasing a loop-free  cut-through path from an
    ingress node to an  egress node by  forwarding FANP control messages
    along the path.  The IC mode provides  a simple  potential-loop
    prevention  mechanism by using hop count and ingress node
    information,  and  a ''retry'' mechanism that tries to extend
    the cut-through path after setup failures.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ohba-csr-fanpv2-icmode-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ohba-csr-fanpv2-icmode-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ohba-csr-fanpv2-icmode-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.