Subject: RFC 2249 on Mail Monitoring MIB

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 15:04:53 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2249:

        Title:      Mail Monitoring MIB
	Author(s):  N. Freed, S. Kille
        Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       January 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 52334
        Obsoletes:  1566

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2249.txt

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
Specifically, this memo extends the basic Network Services Monitoring
MIB [8] to allow monitoring of Message Transfer Agents (MTAs). It may
also be used to monitor MTA components within gateways.

This document is a product of the Mail and Directory Management
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.