Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-mpeg-new-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 10:39:58 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RTP Payload Format for MPEG1/MPEG2 Video
	Author(s)	: D. Hoffman, G. Fernando, V. Goyal, R. Civanlar
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-mpeg-new-02.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 07-Nov-97
	
   This memo describes a packetization scheme for MPEG video and audio
   streams.  The scheme proposed can be used to transport such a video
   or audio flow over the transport protocols supported by RTP.  Two
   approaches are described. The first is designed to support maximum
   interoperability with MPEG System environments.  The second is
   designed to provide maximum compatibility with other RTP-encapsulated
   media streams and future conference control work of the IETF.
 
   This memo is a revision of RFC 2038, an Internet standards track pro-
   tocol, prepared for publication as a revised RFC.  In this revision,
   the packet loss resilience mechanisms in Section 3.4 were extended to
   include additional picture header information required for MPEG2. A 
   new section on security considerations for this payload type is
   added.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-mpeg-new-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-mpeg-new-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-mpeg-new-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.