Subject: RE: whose interests?

From: Jim Fleming <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 13:50:17 -0600

On Sunday, February 15, 1998 1:26 PM, Dave Crocker[SMTP:[email-masked]] wrote:
<snip>
@
@Perhaps it would be constructive to re-consider the utility of the current
@exchange.  ISOC hasn't acted unilaterally with respect to DNS issues, so
@that whatever perspective or representation ISOC staff and members might
@feel they have, the relevant ACTIONS have been taken with the direct
@participation of many others and with the review and comment of even more
@people and groups.  That's the benefit of having the involvement of
@substantially different communities.
@

Why is it that the ISOC and IANA were the trigger signatures
that were required to "authorize" everything ?

You found it convienant in the past to use those people
(Heath and Postel) to endorse your work, now you appear
to want to claim that the world endosed it. That is not the case.

Please explain how the ISOC and IANA are going to deliver
on the promises that have been made to 80+ companies ?

What happened to the million dollars that those companies
invested ?

How much of it was spent on you and others ?

@A frequent tendency in the DNS debate has been to criticize one or another
@structural or conceptual details rather than the actual content.  Things
@really would be more productive if we focused on concrete deficiencies,
@rather than theoretical ones.
@
@So let's take it as a given that ISOC, INTA, WIPO, ITU, EuroISPA, USG etc.
@are all morally corrupt and have no interest in the general welfare of the
@world.  
@

You forgot the IANA in the above list...

@That said, what are the specific problems with the details of the gTLD MoU
@or with the EuroISPA proposal or the Green Paper, and what specific changes
@will make them better?
@

One specific change is the removal of the notion
that there is the need for a single dictator at the
center of the system. A simple light-weight
structuring of the root is all that is required to
open it up.

Just change the shape of your table from the
classic board room with one chair at the head
to a round table where all seats are equal. I
would draw a picture but ASCII does not work
well for circles.

Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation
IBC, Tortola, BVI

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 10:22:53 -0800

At 05:40 PM 2/15/98 +0000, Jim Dixon wrote:
>If ISOC puts forward its opinions as representative (ie typical) of

Jim,
Perhaps it would be constructive to re-consider the utility of the current
exchange.  ISOC hasn't acted unilaterally with respect to DNS issues, so
that whatever perspective or representation ISOC staff and members might
feel they have, the relevant ACTIONS have been taken with the direct
participation of many others and with the review and comment of even more
people and groups.  That's the benefit of having the involvement of
substantially different communities.
A frequent tendency in the DNS debate has been to criticize one or another
structural or conceptual details rather than the actual content.  Things
really would be more productive if we focused on concrete deficiencies,
rather than theoretical ones.
So let's take it as a given that ISOC, INTA, WIPO, ITU, EuroISPA, USG etc.
are all morally corrupt and have no interest in the general welfare of the
world.
That said, what are the specific problems with the details of the gTLD MoU
or with the EuroISPA proposal or the Green Paper, and what specific changes
will make them better?
d/
----------------------
Dave Crocker                                           +1 408 246 8253
Brandenburg Consulting                            fax: +1 408 249 6205
675 Spruce Dr., Sunnyvale, CA 94086  USA           www.brandenburg.com

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 12:46:29 -0800

Hi,

Seems my system has devloped a mind of its own and is sending
copies of these e-mails to the mailing list.

Please ignore them. I did not intend to post them. Apologize fot it.
Have no idea why it is happening. I have no opinion in this matter.
(In fact I am having trouble hitting the delete key fast enough, let alone
add to more e-mail here :)

Thanks,
/Rajeev

----- Previous Message ----------------------------------------------------

To:     Jim Dixon <jdd @vbc.net>
cc:     Kent Crispin <kent @songbird.com>
        ietf @ns.ietf.org
From:   [email-masked]  @ UGATE
Date:   Monday  February 16, 1998 10:22 AM
Subject:  Re: whose interests?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
       --------------------------------------------------------------------
       -----------------------------------------------

Jim,