Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rps-transition-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 10:29:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Policy System Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: RIPE-181 to RPSL Transition Plan
	Author(s)	: D. Kessens, C. Orange
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rps-transition-02.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 24-Nov-97
	
The standardization of RPSL (Routing Policy Specification Language) is
imminent, and there is a user community eager to make use of the power-
ful features it offers in the Routing Registry (IRR). Thus, a plan of
action is needed to assure a successful transition from the RIPE-181
language currently employed to describe routing policies in the IRR to
the more expressive RPSL.  This document describes such a plan, which
the authors believe can be used to bring about a successful transition
in a timely fashion with a minimum of disruption to the IRR and its cur-
rent role in Internet routing.  This document will be modified to
reflect the progress of the transition if appropriate.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rps-transition-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rps-transition-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rps-transition-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.