Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-berson-classy-approach-01.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 09:54:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Aggregation of Internet Integrated Services State
	Author(s)	: S. Berson, S. Vincent
	Filename	: draft-berson-classy-approach-01.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 23-Dec-97
	
   The Internet Integrated Services (IIS) architecture[2] has a
   fundamental scaling problem in that per flow state is maintained at
   all routers and end-systems supporting a flow.  This paper examines
   the use of aggregation as a technique to reduce the amount of state
   needed to provide IIS.  In our approach, routers at the edge of a
   region doing aggregation keep detailed IIS state, while in the
   interior of this region, routers keep a greatly reduced amount of
   state.  Packets will be tagged at the edge with scheduling
   information that will be used in place of the detailed IIS state.
   The aggregation scheme described will allow large scale deployment of
   IIS without overloading routers with state and associated processing.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-berson-classy-approach-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-berson-classy-approach-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-berson-classy-approach-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.