Subject: List

From: "Rakers, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 08:46:11 -0400

Hello.  I am new to this list.
I thought this list was going to be about Internet technology, not
people/organization bashing.

---

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 09:07:21 -0400

Almost all mailing lists suffer, to a greater or lesser extent, from
bashing and from meta-bashing like your message and my reply.  In the
IETF, most of the technical discussion occurs on the much more focused
working group lists.  As the most general list, the IETF discussion
list is the worst in this regard.  This situation is unlikely to
change.

Donald

From:  "Rakers, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
To:  "IETF mailing list (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
Date:  Wed, 2 Aug 2000 08:46:11 -0400

---

From: "Anthony Atkielski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 15:56:21 +0200

> I thought this list was going to be about Internet
> technology, not people/organization bashing.

All mailing lists have cycles of irrelevant argument.  Just ignore the posts
that don't interest you, and read the ones that do.  It's not hard,
particularly if you have any kind of decent e-mail program.

As for people/organization bashing, well, I'm not sure what you are talking
about; since I don't read posts that don't interest me, I don't see any of
the irrelevant stuff on the list.  But I don't miss it.

---

From: "Ashish Sood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 20:38:09 +0530

I agree with rason. In the same I had joined this list.

---

From: Beni Arazi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 18:31:33 +0300 (IDT)

Well said.

Beni