Subject: Regarding SNMP

From: Ajay Sakpal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 16:10:55 +0530

Hi !!
    I wish to write an SNMP Agent which can be portable to
 both Linux as well as Windows NT side. Can I get open
 source for the same? This agent would be extension agent type.
 Please convey me if any such source is available.
Thank you
Ajay

---

From: Bob Natale <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 08:23:40 -0400

At 8/22/2000:06:40 AM, Ajay Sakpal wrote: 

Hello Ajay,

> Please convey me if any such source is available.

First, I would recommend that (if you have not already) you
review the AgentX RFCs, 2741 and 2742 (IETF proposed standard
protocol and MIB for extensible SNMP agents).

For open source solutions, you might want to check out
the "UCD-SNMP" and "Agent++" projects for possible
starting points.

Cordially,

BobN
------------ ISO 9001 Registered Quality Supplier -----------
Bob Natale         | ACE*COMM              | 301-721-3000 [v]
Dir, Net Mgmt Prod | 704 Quince Orchard Rd | 301-721-3001 [f]
[email-masked]| Gaithersburg MD 20878 | www.acecomm.com
------------- Free downloads at www.winsnmp.com -------------