Subject: RF Modulation Standards

From: "Manohar Menon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 20:05:30 +0800

Dear all 

 Can anyone point me to a right site where consist of articles on RF
modulation standards?

Thanks 
mano

Thanks and Best Regards
 Have a Good Day 

 Manohar Menon 
 Fixed Network Planning Products
 Plot 12155  ( Lot 13),  
 Jalan Delima 1/1,
 Subang Hi-Tech Ind. Est Park 
 40000 Shah Alam
 Selangor
 Malaysia 
 Tel : 006 03 580 1967 
 Fax : 006 03 580 1412

>>> Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]> 08/11 6:41 PM >>>
On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> I have an idea:  Let's merge IP addresses with telephone numbers. 

You can already type a dot quad on any existing telephone handset,
by
say 4#17#168#6*. This obvious fact has been shockingly
underutilised.

Using this could allow a dialler to set up a connection via a telco
gateway (which uses an IP address from a pool if you haven't paid
the extra to get a permanent IP address allocated to your phone) to
a
designated VoIP port at the endhost with the address of the IP no
you
typed.

(If there's no response on any VoIP port, the gateway can try port
80
and starts reading you a webpage, so you're into the usual expected
automated response menu system with zillions of pointless options
and
no chance of ever reaching a real human being. To surf the web from
your old POTS phone, you'll have to rely on the phone company
providing a printed directory of selected DNS A records once a
year.)

The beauty of that approach is that if you've identified your phone
to
the telco gateway at service activation as being in the 4.17 subnet
for convenience purposes (same building/near the network, etc.),
168#6* will suffice. Hey, local numbers are shorter, and we've just
reinvented the company PABX with trendy IP dialtone.

Dot quads are about as hard to remember as phone numbers are, so
no change there - until IPv6 takes off, anyway.

L.

and everyone will see the value permanent addresses!

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>

Disclaimer note:

Confidential information may be contained in this e-mail and any files transmitted with it ('Message'). If you are not the addressee indicated in this Message (or responsible for delivery of this Message to such person), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this Message or any part thereof is strictly prohibited. In such a case, you should delete this Message immediately and advise the sender by return e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this Message that do not relate to the official business of Maxis shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by Maxis.