Subject: Re: getting IPv6 space without ARIN (Re: PAT )

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 20:30:49 +0200

Daniel Senie <[email-masked]> said:
> Of course the lack of IPv6 stacks on many environments isn't helping
> matters either.

B.t.w., does anybody know of a good (up-to-date) source of information that
lists available IPv6 stack implementations (which environments, what quality of
implementation, etc.)? Same for dual stacks? And what DNS server software
supports IPv6 address records?

I checked the IPNG working group site 
(http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ipngwg-charter.html), but couldn't find
anything that specific, probably because it is not the kind of information 
one will find in an Internet draft or an RFC.

Bertrand Ibrahim.
--------------------------------------------
[email-masked]
http://cui.unige.ch/eao/www/Bertrand.html

---

From: "Matt Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 14:42:11 -0500

> lists available IPv6 stack implementations ...
> (http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ipngwg-charter.html), but ...

Following the "Additional IPNGWG Page" link near the top of that page
will lead you toward

  http://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng/html/ipng-implementations.html

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 14:44:37 -0500

Not 100% up to date of course. It will only get better.

  Brian

---

From: "David R. Conrad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 13:26:47 -0700

Bertrand,

> And what DNS server software supports IPv6 address records?

See http://www.isc.org/products/BIND/bind9.html (the only server I know
of that supports A6, I'd be very happy to hear of another so we can do
interop testing).

Rgds,
-drc