Subject: RE: pay for using MPEG-4 standard

From: Chiariglione Leonardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 18:58:27 +0200

>I suggest you contact the MPEG committee for details

Unfortunately ISO rules prevents the MPEG working group (and for that matter
other higher level committee) from getting involved in patent issues.
Besides talking to the holders of relevant IPR, the next good thing to do is
to get involved with the MPEG-4 Industry Forum
Leonardo Chiariglione

-----Original Message-----
From:	Colin Perkins [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent:	2000 agosto 7  18.05
To:	Goel, Jiten
Cc:	Jitendra Goel; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject:	Re: pay for using MPEG-4 standard

--> "Goel, Jiten" writes:
>Is this royalty applicable only to Audio/Video(multimedia) related
>standards or for any other standard under IETF working groups?

As I noted previously, there has been no IPR disclosed on the proposed RTP
payload formats for MPEG-4. 

Other parts of the MPEG-4 system are covered by IPR for which you may need
a license. I suggest you contact the MPEG committee for details, this has
nothing to do with the IETF.

Colin