Subject: RE: imode far superior to wap

From: "Barathy, RamaSubramaniam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 14:50:16 +0200

Soon we need to have the interplanetary ip address allocation methods
even for our planet (The work of Vinton cerf & colleagues in NASA) for 
so many devices popping up.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Cotton [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 12:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: imode far superior to wap

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, James Seng wrote:

> One of the original reason that i-mode didnt go pure IP is they couldnt
> get enough IP address for it (they designed i-mode to handle 6M users
> originally) and that is quite huge for APNIC.

IPv6 has been around for quite some time now, do you know what plans they
have to utilise this?

-- 
steven

---

From: Steven Cotton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:59:04 +0200 (CEST)

> so many devices popping up.

This brings up some more problems I don't even want to start thinking
about. Yet.

-- 
steven