Subject: Information from the Unicode Consortium

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:40:55 +0100

1. The Unicode Technical Committee has modified the definition of UTF-8 to
forbid conformant implementations from interpreting non-shortest forms for
BMP characters, and clarified some of the conformance clauses. For more
information, see
http://www.unicode.org/unicode/uni2errata/UTF-8_Corrigendum.html

2. The Unicode Glossary (http://www.unicode.org/glossary) has been updated.
As a part of this work, stable bookmarks (anchors) have been added to all
defined terms. This allows other web pages to directly link to the Unicode
definitions.

For uniformity, the bookmarks are all lowercase (except for acronyms), with
any spaces replaced by underscores. For example, to insert a link for
"supplementary code point" in a web page, use
http://www.unicode.org/glossary#supplementary_code_point

    Patrik Fältström
    Co Area Director, Applications Area IETF
    Liason Unicode Consortium, IETF

--