Subject: Domain Registration Services BOF Announcement

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 09:19:25 -0500

There will be a BOF session during the San Diego IETF meeting to ascertain
interest and (potentially) establish goals for a working group devoted to
developing standards track Internet domain name registration service
protocols.  The BOF has been tentatively scheduled for Thursday 14 December
during the 0900-1130 morning session.

BOF Description:
Discussion of existing requirements for a generic registry-registrar
protocol and check of interest in using these requirements as the basis for
a standards track protocol.  Review of current whois protocol proposals and
check of interest in including whois protocols within the charter of a
working group.

Suggested Agenda:
5m Introductions and agenda presentation
20m Review of existing requirements per draft-hollenbeck-grrp-reqs-05.txt
15m Discussion of interest in a standards track domain registration protocol
15m Discussion of interest in whois protocols
15m (If needed) Review of existing whois protocol efforts
20m Open discussion -- do we go on?
30m (If needed) WG goal brainstorming

Scott Hollenbeck
VeriSign Global Registry Services