Subject: RFC 2705

From: "abhishek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:42:03 +0530

Hi there,
I was going through the RFC 2705 of the MGCP. I have a doubt. Suppose my
gateway is playing some signal at a specific endpoint and during that course
of action, I get another (notification request) signal to be applied at the
same endpoint (without getting a request to stop the previous signal). In
this case what should the gateway do?

(1) Should it stop the previous signal and play the new one?

(2) Should it ignore the new signal?

(3) Should it keep the new signal in a buffer and once the first signal is
over, it should apply the new signal? If so, are we maintaining the Master
Slave behaviour between Call agent and gateway? (For instance, the first
signal may be of a very long duration).

thanks and regards,

abhishek mishra

sr. software engineer
Ind-Telesoft Pvt Ltd.
Bangalore
(India) -560095