Subject: RE: IETF logistics

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:44:51 -0800

I have a simpler point about logistics. What we are doing in the IETF
nowadays is downright dangerous. Prevalence of the laptops means that
the room is criss-crossed with power cables. Lack of room means that the
alleys are packed with standing or sitting listeners. If anything goes
wrong and we have to evacuate a room, we are in for the headlines. In
fact, if we continue breaking the fire code in every room of every
meeting, this outcome is almost guaranteed.

-- Christian Huitema

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 13:41:12 -0800

>meeting, this outcome is almost guaranteed.

"Every room"? "Every meeting"? This hyperbole is not justified. It 
happened in some of the meetings, but not others. And, in some of 
those overcrowded meetings, Steve Coya came in and made some of us 
leave so that the aisle was clear.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium