Subject: Peer2Peer?

From: "Johan Henriksson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 18:10:05 +0100

from: Johan Henriksson, leadprogrammer @ www.realsoftware.cjb.net
"The individual should be praised for it's struggle, the society
condemned for it's actions" - me 1997
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------

Hi!
I am writing a spec for a new library. It will be a general peer2peer
clientserver.
It's working like GNUtella but it doesn't copy files. Instead, it works as a
clean
resourcelist manager so that each GNUtella type program will keep it's own
resourcelist, this one tells the client which clients that host the
requested kind
of server. This will proove useful later when games are starting to use the
same
tech. That way, we can make the service more useful and keep down the
traffic
on the net.

My question is; is there any kind of standard for this? Is there even
discussions on
the matter? Please point me out.

TIA