Subject: Secure "point to point" like connection over Ethernet (not PPPoE)

From: "Moshe Aharon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 18:18:13 +0200

Is there any work being done to solve the new situation of home and business
users who are no longer using dial-up's or any other point to point
connections like ADSL, ISDN etc. but instead are using a "shared" switched
Ethernet infrastructure?

What about applications which are not suitable for PPPoE (i.e. can't install
any 3rd party client software)?

Moshe

---

From: "Bernard Aboba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 10:20:59 -0800

http://www.ieee802.org/1/pages/802.1x.html
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Moshe Aharon [mailto:[email-masked]]
  Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 8:18 AM
  To: end2end-interest@ISI. EDU; [email-masked]
  Subject: Secure "point to point" like connection over Ethernet (not PPPoE)

  Is there any work being done to solve the new situation of home and
business users who are no longer using dial-up's or any other point to point
connections like ADSL, ISDN etc. but instead are using a "shared" switched
Ethernet infrastructure?

  What about applications which are not suitable for PPPoE (i.e. can't
install any 3rd party client software)?

  Moshe