Subject: Announcing a new mailing list on middleware

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:16:22 -0800

Please redistribute to appropriate forums.

As I promised in the MIDCOM working group in San Diego, I've created a
mailing list for discussion on diagnostics and discovery of intermediate
devices.  Here are the particulars:

	List name:  [email-masked]
	Subscribe:  [email-masked]
	Archive:    <none as of yet>

march is short for Middleware ARCHitecture.  All I mean by that is that
how it all fits together: diagnostics, discovery, and communications
with middleware devices is in scope for this list.  So is O&M as relates
to those devices and their end points.  Flaming about intermediate
devices is not in scope.

I'd like to start, however, by focusing discussion on diagnostics and
discovery.

Please join me on this list to consider how these devices make
themselves known, what the implications of diagnostic messages such as
ICMP errors could be in these cases, and what additional mechanisms are
needed.

Cheers!
--
Eliot Lear
[email-masked]

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:36:03 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Eliot Lear wrote:

> with middleware devices is in scope for this list.

Beware the device IDs of March!

(exits left)

L.

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>