Subject: Call For Paper : IEEE Symposium on Ad Hoc Wireless Networks (SAWN) 2001

From: "Kim Dongkyun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 13:11:51 +0900

Hello ALL,

 * Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this *

------------------------------------------------------
IEEE Symposium on Ad Hoc Wireless Networks (SAWN) 2001
------------------------------------------------------
Symposium Chairman

 Prof. C-K. Toh
 Electrical & Computer Engineering,
 Georgia Institute of Technology
 Fax: 404-894-7468 E-mail:
 [email-masked]

IEEE Comsoc Liason

 Gayle Weisman
 IEEE Communications Society 

--------------------------------------------------------------
About IEEE SAWN2001
--------------------------------------------------------------
The IEEE Symposium on Ad-Hoc Wireless Networks (SAWN2001) is a 
new and *high quality* technical meeting (to be held as part of 
GLOBECOM 2001) for researchers to present their latest research 
work related to the fast evolving field of ad hoc (multihop,
adaptive, and self-organizing) wireless networks and pervasive
communications. Such networks could have strong potential impact 
on our daily lives (for example at home and on-the-road) and the 
way we work. They are also particularly attractive for military 
and emergency operations due to their fast deployable and 
self-organizing characteristics. Future ad hoc networks are also
capable of supporting multimedia. High quality papers are invited 
from researchers in academia and industries who are involved in 
this area of work. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Topics of Interest Include (but not are limited to):

- Ad Hoc Routing Protocols/Algorithms 
- Ad Hoc Transport Issues 
- Media Access Techniques/Protocols
- Sensor & Data Fusion Ad Hoc Networks
- Ad hoc network architectures 
- Error & Link Control Tecniques
- Access & Session Support 
- Ad Hoc Multicasting Protocols/Algorithms 
- Service Discovery Algorithms 
- Low Power Algorithms and Protocols 
- Quality of Service Issues 
- Mobile IP with Ad Hoc 
- Performance of Bluetooth Networks 
- Integration Issues

-------------------------------------------------------------
Instructions for Authors

Technical papers should be submitted to the Globecom Committee 
following the general Globecom submission process and instructions 
(AUTHOR KIT). In order to ensure that your paper is properly
routed to this Symposium, it is VERY IMPORTANT that you explicitly
identify Symposium on Ad Hoc Wireless Networks as the intended 
symposium to which you are submitting the paper. Failure to do
so may result in your paper being forwarded to another symposium. 
All submissions are done electronically. Submission deadline is
31st March 2001. 

Accepted papers will be published in the IEEE GLOBECOM proceedings.
All inquires should be directed to the symposium chairman at
[email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------------
International Technical Program Committee

Dr. Peiying Zhu, NORTEL Networks
Dr. Bassam Hashem, NORTEL Networks
Dr. Yile Guo, NOKIA USA
Dr. Eric Fleury, INRIA, France
Prof. Andre Schaff, U of Henry Poincare Nancy 1, France
Prof. Jean-Yves-Le-Boudec, EPFL, Switzerland
Prof. Adam Wolisz, TU Berlin, Germany
Prof. H. T. Mouftah, Queens University, Canada
Prof. Victor O. K. Li, University of Hong Kong
Prof. K-C Chen, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
Syed Akbar, TRW, USA
Dr. Kenneth Bayer, MITRE Corporation, USA
Dr. Howard Lemberg, Telcordia Technologies, USA
Prof. Kris Pister, University of California Berkeley
Prof. C-K. Toh, Georgia Tech, USA
Prof. Ahmed Helmy, University of Southern California,
Dongkyun Kim, Seoul National University, Korea 
Dr. Nader Moayeri, National Institute of Standard & Technology 
Prof. Christian Bonnet, EURECOM, France 

--------------------------------------------------------------
Web Site:

http://www.globecom2001.com
http://users.ece.gatech.edu:80/~cktoh/sawn/sawn01.html
--------------------------------------------------------------