Subject: RFC1123

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 16:42:08 -0500

Again I will bring up RFC1123.
  I am so tired of having my mailbox fill up with junk. 

  This notice should
       a) not be sent to "all" due to the precedence "bulk"
       b) should never be sent to "To:", only to the envelope sender
       c) should not be sent outside your organization, as you tell
       us things about your internal network that we don't need to
       know.

  I think that is is time to reopen 1123.

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 21:12:59 -0500

This notice should

says who?  it's not in 1123.  nor in 1891-1894.   2076 says this about
precedence:

   Sometimes used as a priority         Precedence:    Non-standard,
   value which can influence                           controversial,
   transmission speed and delivery.                    discouraged.
   Common values are "bulk" and
   "first-class". Other uses is to
   control automatic replies and to
   control return-of-content
   facilities, and to stop mailing
   list loops.

nor is it appropriate for any message header to control reporting of 
delivery success or failure.

Keith