Subject: Agenda suggestions

From: Brian Jarvis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:21:05 -0700

The following are suggestions for improving the main agendas for future
IETF meetings.  With the growing use of PDAs, navigation of agendas
needs to be made easier and quicker because of the limited view into the
documents and the time and inaccuracy of scrolling.  I have ordered
these suggestions according to usefulness.

1.  Put internal references into the agenda for each day.  For example,
"<b>THURSDAY, December 14, 2000</b>" would become "<b><a
name="THURSDAY">THURSDAY, December 14, 2000</a></b>".

2.  Put internal references into the agenda for each session,  For
example, "<b><a name="MONDAY1300">1300-1500 Afternoon Sessions
I</a></b>".

3.  Put a short table of contents (with links) at the top of the
agenda.  Like:
    Monday 0900 1300 1530 1930
    Tuesday 0900 1300 1415 1545 1700

The following suggestions are for improving the session agendas.

1.  Use a simple web document (html) instead of a text file.

2.  Every named RFC and I-D should be linked to the actual document. 
For example "<a
ref="http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-diffserv-new-terms-03">draft-ietf-diffserv-new-terms-03</a>". 
This would make it easier (and thus more likely) for people to read the
I-Ds.

3.  If it exists, include near the top a linked reference to the
appropriate WG charter page.  For example, "<a
href="http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/diffserv-charter.html">diffserv</a>". 
This would make it easier to understand the context of the session and
decide which ones to attend.

--the walrus
aka Brian Jarvis
[email-masked]