Subject: MANET test today at 2:00PM

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 20:00:06 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

As was announced at the MANET wg-meeting this monday, we will be trying to
conduct an experiment with a (hopefully) rather large manet at this
IETF. We will be running the OLSR-code (http://hipercom.inria.fr/olsr),
which is available for Linux at the www-site above.

We will therefore ask anyone who has a laptop, an 802.11-card and about
half an hour (and some interrest) to spare to complete the following
4-step program:

	1. Download the code from http://hipercom.inria.fr/olsr
	2. Compile the code on your laptop (Instructions on the WWW-site)
	3. Arrive in front of the LAN-card registration desk (with laptop
	   & 802.11-card) at 02:00PM today (Decemer 13)
	4. Look for a guy with glasses and a San Diego cap. We will help
	   you configuring the olsrd and give instructions regarding the
	   testing.

NOTICE: 

	= This is intended as a TEST - not a demonstration. There will be
	  no flashy graphics or other such stuff.
	= We do not (yet) have code for Windows, MacOs or *BSD in a
	  distributeable state.
 	= The success of the test depends on the number of people who show
	  up. If you *want* to prove that MANET's do not scale, then
	  please show up. If you *want* to prove that they do - then
	  please show up too.

Mange hilsner / Sincerely

-------------------------------------------
  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: [email-masked]
  WWW:    http://www.cs.auc.dk/~voop
-------------------------------------------