Subject: Example of dns (non) fun iv

From: [email-masked] (Dan Kolis)
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 10:22:30 -0500

Claus said:
>> http://www.déjà.fr/
>> http://www.deja.fr/
>This is really not new at all. Today, we do already have domains that  
>are very similar: foobar.com vs. foo-bar.com vs. foobarr.com vs. ...
>foobar.com vs. foobár.com is not much different.
>Claus

Dan K says:
1) your right. with your tld .de I assume for the moment you also speak
German. The difference is what you 'try' when a url doesn't work. If you tried:

http://ßrehct.de

and it didn't work you would probably try:

http://brehct.de

The difference is whether you think the lack of connectivity is a spelling
error; foobar versus foobarr,
or a systemic misunderstanding. The cause of non connectivity is a new axis
of freedom for error.

regards,
Dan Kolis