Subject: Cisco wireless at IETF and WEP

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 11:26:05 -0500

Soory to interupt your discussion about stupid anitvirus programs, but...

Anyone who has gotten WEP to work with the Cisco Aironet cards from IETF 
please contact me or point me to a person at Cisco.

The WEP utility is not working here.   :(

---

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 19:39:06 +0000

When I tried to enable it, I got a message that implied that WEP was an 
extra-cost option.

#g

At 11:26 AM 1/1/01 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>-
>This message was passed through [email-masked], which
>is a sublist of [email-masked]. Not all messages are passed.
>Decisions on what to pass are made solely by Harald Alvestrand.

------------------------------------------------------------
Graham Klyne                       Content Technologies Ltd.
Strategic Research              <http://www.mimesweeper.com>
<[email-masked]>
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 08:15:37 -0500

>When I tried to enable it, I got a message that implied that WEP was an 

WEP 128 bit is, but WEP 40 bit is not.

I got it working.

BTW, WEP == Wired Equivalent Privacy.  IEEE makes no claim that 40 bit RC4 
is real privacy, just as good as a wired net.