Subject: Re: Technical Internet Advancements for White House Internet Strategies

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 12:24:38 -0500

In message <[email-masked]>, Jon Crowcroft writes:
>
>some of the folks on this list aren't american or US citezens and
>might think that this is a bit presumptious.....but here goes:-

I think you're over-assuming -- from looking at the Web site, I did not 
get the impression that this was in any way organized by the White 
House.  It looks like something that Clift is organizing on his own.  
(Steven Clift, am I wrong on that point?  Is this being done by request 
of the incoming administration?)
>
>the first thing the white house should do is educate its customers and
>organise voting properly

Sigh.
>
>the next thing it should do is apply for membership of the European
>Union

I doubt they'd want us, though if they did it would end the problem of 
the Euro dropping with respect to the dollar...

		--Steve Bellovin