Subject: RE: Antigen found W32/Navidad.e@M (McAfee4) virus

From: Lillian Komlossy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:25:32 -0500

Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!!

Lillian Komlossy || Site Manager || http://www.dmnews.com ||
http://www.imarketingnews.com || 212 925-7300 ext. 232 ||
mailto:[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 12:47 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Antigen found W32/Navidad.e@M (McAfee4) virus

Antigen for Exchange found Emanuel.exe infected with W32/Navidad.e@M
(McAfee4) virus.
The file is currently Deleted.  The message, "Re: Call For Paper : IEEE
Symposium on Ad Hoc Wireless Networks (SAWN) 2001", was
sent from Wu Jun and was discovered in Illan Glasner\Deleted Items
located at Unknown/Unknown/MSMAIL.

---

From: Bora Akyol <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:49:05 -0800

What is really funny is that the IETF mailing list is doing
this.

Bora

>>>>> "Lillian" == Lillian Komlossy <[email-masked]> writes:

    Lillian> Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!!  Lillian Komlossy || Site
    Lillian> Manager || http://www.dmnews.com ||
    Lillian> http://www.imarketingnews.com || 212 925-7300
    Lillian> ext. 232 || mailto:[email-masked]

    Lillian> -----Original Message----- From: [email-masked]
    Lillian> [mailto:[email-masked]] Sent: Thursday, January
    Lillian> 18, 2001 12:47 PM To: [email-masked];
    Lillian> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
    Lillian> [email-masked] Subject: Antigen found
    Lillian> W32/Navidad.e@M (McAfee4) virus

    Lillian> Antigen for Exchange found Emanuel.exe infected
    Lillian> with W32/Navidad.e@M (McAfee4) virus.  The file is
    Lillian> currently Deleted.  The message, "Re: Call For
    Lillian> Paper : IEEE Symposium on Ad Hoc Wireless Networks
    Lillian> (SAWN) 2001", was sent from Wu Jun and was
    Lillian> discovered in Illan Glasner\Deleted Items located
    Lillian> at Unknown/Unknown/MSMAIL.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 15:01:09 -0500

> What is really funny is that the IETF mailing list is doing

Check the headers:

zumanetworks sent it out as an unqualified 'From: antigen' (naughty, naughty
zuma...) and ietf.org helpfully qualified it (naughty, naughty IETF ;)
-- 
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst
				Virginia Tech