Subject: RE: Carrier Class Gateway

From: "Robert G. Ferrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:44:25 -0500 (CDT)

>There's some discussion of Panama requirements in 'The New New Thing'.
>Not just a lock, but there's a bridge to worry about; passing under it
>at low tide is your height limit.

Ya know, if we wait long enough, I'll bet this thread may eventually work its 
way back to having something to do with the IETF.

Then again, maybe not...

;-)

Cheers,

RGF

Robert G. Ferrell
U.S. Dept. of the Interior
========================================
 Who goeth without humor goeth unarmed.
========================================

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:13:03 -0400

> way back to having something to do with the IETF.

Would this be a 'mobile IP' problem for the ship, or is it 'service location'
to find where the moon (and thus the tide) is at the moment? 

And of *course*, you want the bridge and the ship to be using some sort
of IM Presence protocol so each knows the other is there....

/Valdis (who couldn't resist...)