Subject: table of contents - june cook report on internet

From: Gordon Cook <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 13:54:39 -0400

********************************
The COOK Report on Internet	June 2001 (Vol. 10, No. 3)
********************************

CONTENTS

Netera Offers CWDM Gig E Backbone -- SUPERNET to Bring Fiber to 
Entire Province --Focus on Alberta in Assessing Canadian Development 
in Current Economic Downturn --
A Canadian US Policy Technology Overview and Comparison, pp. 1-15

How to Tell the Difference Between a Switch and a Router, pp. 15

Texas.net - Business Oriented ISP Serves State's Four Major Metro 
Areas -- Focus on Leased Lines, Usenet Outsourcing and Management 
Services for Web Farms -- So Far Has Not Needed to Follow Net Access' 
Dark Fiber Model, pp. 16- 23

BGP Routing System Scaling Problems -- IETF Sets Out to Redesign BGP4 
-- A Known Problem: Noel Chiappa in Pages of April 1997 COOK Report 
Called for Redesign of BGP, pp. 24 - 26

How Media Companies are Conspiring with Hardware Companies to Misuse 
Copy Protection in Order to Cripple What Consumers Have Rights to Do 
-- An Excellent Survey,  by John Gilmore, pp. 27 - 30

Executive Summary, pp. 30 - 32

==================

COOK Report Summary or [email-masked] is a distribution 
list for the monthly free summary of the COOK Report on Internet. 

You should expect to receive the monthly summary that is usually 
between 7 and 15 thousand characters long. You may get one or two 
other messages a month.  This list is intended for distribution and 
not discussion. Anything posted to the list will bounce to me. I 
regard this as an experiment and reserve the right at my discretion 
to change list policy.

To subscribe by sending a message to [email-masked] with 
'subscribe cookrepsum' in the body.   To unsubscribe send mail to 
[email-masked] with 'unsubscribe cookrepsum" in the body

Full text of executive summary is also available at 
http://cookreport.com/10.02.shtml

-- 

****************************************************************
The COOK Report on Internet, 431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA
(609) 882-2572 (phone & fax) [email-masked]   Index to 9 years
  of the COOK  Report at http://cookreport.com          For info on new report
go to  http://cookreport.com/lightipgige.shtml .  'Light IP & Gig E"  serves
as tutorial on on going economic model of Internet infrastructure - $375.00
****************************************************************