Subject: CONSULTANCY IN SRI LANKA

From: jamal deen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 18:55:17 +0600

Dear Dr. Sadowsky

Firstly let me briefly introduce myself . I am Jamal, Cluster Coordinator
for the IT sector.

I was informed by J E Austin Associates office in Colombo that you will be
in Sri Lanka under the USAID Short Term Technical Assistance (STTA) program
for consultancy in web hosting from May 8 to 19, 2001. On behalf of the IT
cluster - Welcome to Sri Lanka.  

The local IT consultant for this project is Dr. Dileepa De Silva whose CV I
am attaching for your information. It would be much appreciated if you
could kindly keep us informed by early next week (Monday, Tuesday) if you
require any information, possible appointments, work to be carried out
prior to your visit, etc.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

With best regards - Jamal

---

From: George Sadowsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:51:22 -0400

Hi, Jamal,

thanks for the welcome.

I know very little about the assignment in Sri Lanka; actually I'm 
still waiting for country clearance.  As I understand it, web hosting 
issues will be a minor part of the assignment, and the the issues of 
ICT industry cooperation and strategic planning, as well as 
international competitiveness issues, will dominate.  But I expect to 
get clarification soon.

thanks for the CV; you can find mine if you click on the URL in my 
signature at the bottom of this message.

Whoever is planning my schedule should plan to start at about 9:00 am 
on Wednesday.  I see this as a half-day of laying out issues, probing 
some of the questions in some depth, and otherwise acclimatizing my 
self to the local ICT scene.  Then we can start on the real work.

If you send any documents, I'll do my best to study them before my 
arrival,  I look forward to hearing from you.

I'll send you some more detailed thoughts in several days.

Regards,

George

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At 6:55 PM +0600 4/20/01, jamal deen wrote:
>Attachment converted: Titan:rescosult.doc (WDBN/MSWD) (0001B101)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George Sadowsky, Executive Director                64 Sweet Briar Road
Global Internet Policy Initiative             Stamford, CT  06905-1514
Center for Democracy and Technology               Tel: +1.203.329.3288
1634 I Street, N.W.                               Fax: +1.203.329.8922
Washington, D. C.  20006-4003            [email-masked]
Tel: +1.202.637.9800                   http://pws.prserv.net/sadowsky/
Fax: +1.202.637.0968
http://www.cdt.org/                Voice mail and fax: +1.203.547.6020

GIPI is a project of Internews & the Center for Democracy & Technology

INTERNET IS FOR EVERYONE!  Join the Internet Society. Help make it so.
INET 2001: In Stockholm, 5-8 June 2001   http://www.isoc.org/inet2001/