Subject: GPL tool for monitoring Internet-Drafts

From: John Stracke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 14:06:19 -0400

I have written a tool for monitoring the Internet-Drafts
announcements for Drafts of interest.  It's in Perl, available
under the GPL, at
<http://calsch.research.ecal.com/draft-monitor/>.  It was
originally written to look for calsch-related Drafts, after we
had a mixup where we didn't notice someone was about to go RFC
with a spec that used iCalendar in an incompatible way.  Patrik
caught it, and asked us to pay more attention; this is the
result.

It's not perfect. (For one thing, it's not documented. I hacked
it up in an afternoon, for my own use. I then got permission to
release it, but it was too low-priority to justify working on
documentation. If you have questions, please ask.) It's somewhat
customizable, though; the recognition code is isolated, so you
ought to have no trouble adapting it for whatever you want to
look for.

--
/==============================================================\
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|
|Chief Scientist |=============================================|
|eCal Corp.      |If at first you don't succeed, don't go      |
[email-masked]|skydiving.                                   |
\==============================================================/