Subject: RE: Carrier Class Gateway

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:44:38 -0700

> > > There's some discussion of Panama requirements in 'The New New
Thing'.
> > > Not just a lock, but there's a bridge to worry about; passing under
it
> > > at low tide is your height limit.
> >
> > i would imagine the problem would be at high, not low, tide.

> oops. mea culpa.
> L.

Sorry to add yet another post to a pointless thread but...
Lloyd was right the first time.  Height limit would be based on low tide.
For ships that are near the height limit, waiting a mean time of 6 hours
for the next low tide is not a big deal.
-Mark

---

From: "Jose Manuel Arronte Garcia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 13:37:11 -0500

I am also sorry about this but...

I think all the calculation regarding height limit should be made based on
high tides; it is easier to know if a ship would be able to pass on high
tide or not, when its the "sentsitive" time to let it pass, with it is
higher tides...

Manuel Arronte.

---

From: "Pat Holden" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 17:13:21 -0400

one would have to consider high tides during a full moon to get an accurate
measurement.