Subject: RE: "Don't fix it!"

From: CARDOSO Jorge Miguel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 05:11:37 +0100

Every poetic word with sensitive taste fill not only the ears, but also
mind and spirit.
"if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!" means that IETF works to simplify the
future.

programmer uses the computer to process the repeated and boring tasks. fun
starts when he grabbs a flower and feel the sun on his face while the
computer is working @ home.

Will re-design simplify the future? - if so, I think it's welcome!

"Does that imply the preference of redesign to revision in IETF?"
Answer: how should everyone identify the flower, if we don't point it and
say: "its a flower" ? :)

* There are already working groups @IETF with mail related tasks:
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/smime-charter.html
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/vpim-charter.html

regards,
j0rgeCarD0s0

-----Original Message-----
From: Jiwoong Lee
To: [email-masked]
Sent: 30-04-2001 2:46
Subject: "Don't fix it!"

In an old article on IPJ, there was an expression that says:

"The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) motto “if it isn’t broken,
don
’t fix it!” has prevented  people from redesigning Internet mail."

What. Does that imply the preference of redesign to revision in IETF ?

:<

Jiwoong