Subject: Re: OPES BOF, IETF 50. and Phillips/GSM6.10 question 2nd try

From: "James P. Salsman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 19:43:45 -0700 (PDT)

>... tell us what OPES and BCDF are...

In  http://www.ietf-opes.org/Default.htm  :
]
] The Open Pluggable Edge Services architecture (OPES) is defines how
] participating transit intermediaries can be extended to incorporate 
] services executed on application data. The services are written to 
] an open standard for use with the intermediaries....  Intermediaries
] may employ either local or remote ("callout") servers to perform a
] service, and as a result, the data may be diverted temporarily over
] a closed loop pathway different from the transit pathway.

What is the compelling need for such a general, non-end-to-end service?  
The likely downside being script kiddies with their own Carnivores.

In  http://www.imc.org/ietf-openproxy/mail-archive/msg00046.html  :
]
] The BCDF (Broadband Content Delivery Forum) charter is to determine
] the requirements needed for broadband content delivery.

What do those two groups have to do with each other?

Speaking of requirements for content delivery, does anyone have any 
evidence that Phillips has ever actually been awarded anything for 
intelectual property claims on GSM 6.10 or audio/wav MS-GSM?

Cheers,
James