Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-wildgrube-gnp-01.txt

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 16:11:56 +0100 (BST)

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wildgrube-gnp-01.txt
(announcement below)

returns the 'deleted' boilerplate. What happened?

L.

This Internet-Draft has been deleted. Unrevised documents placed in
the Internet-Drafts directories have a maximum life of six months.
After that time, they are deleted. This Internet-Draft was not
published as an RFC.

Internet-Drafts are not an archival document series, and expired
drafts, such as this one, are not available; please do not ask for
copies... they are not available. The Secretariat does not have
information as to future plans of the authors or working groups WRT
the deleted Internet-Draft.

For more information or a copy of the document, contact the author
directly.

Draft Author(s):

M. Wildgrube: [email-masked]

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 09:50:27 -0400
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wildgrube-gnp-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: GENERAL NETWORK PROTOCOL (GNP)
	Author(s)	: M. Wildgrube
	Filename	: draft-wildgrube-gnp-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 05-Apr-01
	
This specification describes an all-purpose platform independent
networking protocol for use to realize client/server (or similar)
applications.
User and administration messages are transformed into a special
network format (see [SDXF]).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wildgrube-gnp-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wildgrube-gnp-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wildgrube-gnp-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 16:14:36 +0100 (BST)

> returns the 'deleted' boilerplate. What happened?

That was the odd one out, but I'm getting 404 Not found for other
recently-announced drafts. Perhaps uploading before announcing would
be good.

L.

---

From: "Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 10:11:51 +0700

> recently-announced drafts. Perhaps uploading before announcing would

Simple Question: 

   What should I do if I could not find a internet draft that 
   was announced as an I-D action in IETF-Announce?
   (See also:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ietf-i-d_action/messages/ )

Proposed Answer:

- Do nothing; this is a fixable known problem.
- Notify the IETF webmaster(s?); with a risk that they
  will not admit this bug.
- Notify the IESG.
- Complain through the IETF list.
- Complain to the IAB, cc to ICANN, Nanog, ISOC, RFC- Editor.

regards,

-- 
Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim - VLSM-TJT - http://rms46.vlsm.org
- If ain't broke, ain't fix IT;but I'm broke, so IMFix IT!

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 00:53:09 -0400

--On Monday, April 09, 2001 10:11 AM +0700 "Rahmat M.
Samik-Ibrahim" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> That was the odd one out, but I'm getting 404 Not found for
>> other recently-announced drafts. Perhaps uploading before
>> announcing would be good.
> 
> Simple Question: 
> 

Wait 24 hours and try again before doing anything else, based on
the experience that some of the shadows are a bit slow in
updating.  Or try www.ietf.org directly, being sure  that you are
not going through any interception proxies or other intermediate
caches.

      john

---

From: "Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:40:57 +0700

> Or try www.ietf.org directly, being sure  that you are

OK, I have got the idea. But, what if somehow an I-D does 
not exist in that IETF repository? What I have in mind is:

procedure log
    login to several sites in different countries (US, Germany, etc.);
    carefully log everything (e.g. date, 404 messages, etc).

until "found" do 
begin
    wait 24 hours;
    repeat procedure log;
end.

right?