Subject: Re: allowable questions (was Re www...)

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 09:09:45 -0400 (EDT)

> I think we need to have a clear discussion
> about which kinds of NDAs are compatible with IESG duty.

see RCC 2026 section 10.2 - 

the simple answer is "none"

Scott

---

From: "James P. Salsman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 16:39:29 -0700 (PDT)

Scott,

Thank you for the authorative rule:

Bradner                  Best Current Practice                 [Page 28]
RFC 2026               Internet Standards Process           October 1996

10.2  Confidentiality Obligations

   No contribution that is subject to any requirement of confidentiality
   or any restriction on its dissemination may be considered in any part
   of the Internet Standards Process, and there must be no assumption of
   any confidentiality obligation with respect to any such contribution.

-- 
Cheers,
James