Subject: 2002:<IPv4>:0000:<IPv8> vs. 3FFE:<IPv6>

From: "JIM FLEMING" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 12:46:12 -0500

Why not let the marketplace decide ?

2002:<IPv4>:0000:<IPv8> vs. 3FFE:<IPv6>

In the case of 2002, everyone on the existing IPv4 legacy
Internet can easily gain access. In the case of 3FFE, very
few people can gain access. Why not let the marketplace decide ?

Top-down works from a few to many. Bottom-up starts with
many and allows a few to decide to progress. 2002 is bottom-up,
3FFE is top-down. Why not let the marketplace decide ?

Finally...
http://www.google.com/search?q=IPV6+Privacy

2002:<IPv4>:0000:<IPv8> does NOT reveal people's serial numbers

3FFE:<IPv6 including MAC Address> reveals people's serial numbers

Why not let the marketplace decide ?

Jim Fleming
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/headers.gif
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/start.asp