Subject: Network Processors

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:02:03 -0400

Hi All,

Is there any work underway in the IETF to standardize an
interface for Network Processors?  If so, pointers to the
WG and/or any related drafts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Margaret

Margaret Wasserman
Director, Device Management
Wind River
10 Tara Blvd, Suite 330
Nashua, NH  03062
(603) 897-2067
FAX: (603) 897-2050
[email-masked]

---

From: "tom worster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:35:35 -0400

From: Margaret Wasserman [mailto:[email-masked]]
> WG and/or any related drafts would be appreciated.

an attempt to start a wg in a related area is called forces:
http://www.sstanamera.com/~forces/

a bof was held at ietf49:
http://ietf.org/proceedings/00dec/00dec-156.htm

and a bofish discussion took place at ietf50 in the
gsmp wg. slides are at:
http://ietf.org/proceedings/01mar/ietf50-159.htm

and the meeting report is at the end of:
http://ietf.org/proceedings/01mar/ietf50-128.htm
under session ii.

i have no idea where the court discussions stand today.

c u
fsb

---

From: "tom worster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:35:35 -0400

c u
fsb

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:10:36 -0400

>>>>> "Margaret" == Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]> writes:
    Margaret> Hi All,

    Margaret> Is there any work underway in the IETF to standardize an
    Margaret> interface for Network Processors?  If so, pointers to the WG
    Margaret> and/or any related drafts would be appreciated.

  There is a "forces" BOF, but I am skeptical about whether or not it is
appropriate work.

  Wind River is already members of the NPF.
  For others, see www.npforum.org

]       ON HUMILITY: to err is human. To moo, bovine.           |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
] panic("Just another NetBSD/notebook using, kernel hacking, security guy");  [