Subject: "a solution to the complexity problem "

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 20:32:06 -0500

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/759/ipj_3-1/ipj_3-1_routing.html

"The "6to4" transition mechanism, "Connection of IPv6 Domains via IPv4
Clouds without Explicit Tunnels" [6] , provides a solution to the complexity
problem of using manually configured tunnels by specifying a unique routing
prefix for each end-user site that carries an IPv4 tunnel endpoint address."

"It should also be noted that each end-user site with as little as a single
IPv4 address has a unique, routable, IPv6 site routing prefix thanks to the
6to4 transition mechanism."
--------

"A solution to the complexity problem...."

Is this an IETF solution to a "complexity problem" which the IETF created ?

If the IETF is so cluefull, how could it create complex problems in the
first place ?

Does the IETF create problems and then find solutions "elsewhere", and
then claim to have also created solutions to complex problems ?

------

"thanks to the 6to4 transition mechanism"

"thanks to" the IETF ?

Jim Fleming
http://www.unir.com
Mars 128n 128e
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/headers.gif
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/start.asp
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12213.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12223.html

---

From: "J. Noel Chiappa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 06:26:22 -0400

> From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>

    > If the IETF is so cluefull, how could it create complex problems in the

Ah, in case you hadn't noticed, the Internet is becoming very large, and very
large things are usually complex.

	Noel