Subject: Connecting IPv6 Routing Domains Over the IPv4 Internet

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 20:11:20 -0500

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/759/ipj_3-1/ipj_3-1_routing.html
Connecting IPv6 Routing Domains Over the IPv4 Internet
by Brian E. Carpenter, IBM & iCAIR
Keith Moore, University of Tennessee
Bob Fink, Energy Sciences Network
-------------------------------------------

Was this done "inside" the IETF ?

Jim Fleming
http://www.unir.com
Mars 128n 128e
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/headers.gif
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/start.asp
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12213.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12223.html

---

From: "Ole J. Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 19:34:30 -0700 (PDT)

Yes it was. See the references at the end of the article you refer to. It
clearly says that most of the documents were produced by the ngtrans
working group of the IETF.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen 
Editor and Publisher
The Internet Protocol Journal
Office of the CTO, Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972
GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj

---

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 21:36:11 -0500

Are these the references you mean ?

[0] Fink, R., "IPv6-What and Where It Is," The Internet Protocol Journal,
Volume 2, No. 1, March 1999.

[1] IPng and IPv6 information, including formal specifications, can be found
at: http://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng/html

[2] "The Case for IPv6," an Internet Draft of the IAB, can be found at:
http://www.6bone.net/misc/case-for-ipv6.html

[3] IETF IPv6 Transition Working Group (ngtrans) information, including
status of all its current projects, can be found at:
http://www.6bone.net/ngtrans/

[4] "Transition Mechanisms for IPv6 Hosts and Routers," RFC 1933, can be
found at: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1933.txt

[5] The 6bone IPv6 Testbed Network is explained at: http://www.6bone.net

[6] "Connection of IPv6 Domains via IPv4 Clouds without Explicit Tunnels"
("6to4"), an Internet Draft of the IETF ngtrans WG, can be found at:
http://www.6bone.net/misc/6to4.txt

[7] "IPv6 Aggregatable Global Unicast Address Format," RFC 2374, can be
found at: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2374.txt

[8] "Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IPv4 Domains without Explicit
Tunnels" ("6over4"), RFC 2529, can be found at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2529.txt

[9] "Neighbor Discovery for IP Version 6 (IPv6)," RFC 2461, can be found at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2461.txt

[10] IETF IPv6 Working Group (ipngwg) information, can be found at:
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ipngwgcharter.html

---

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 22:22:51 -0500

Are all of the following people "in" the IETF ?

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/759/eboard.html
Editorial Advisory Board
  Dr. Vint Cerf
Sr. VP, Internet Architecture and Engineering,
MCI Communications, USA  
  Mr. David Farber
The Alfred Fitler Moore Professor of Telecommunication Systems,
University of Pennsylvania, USA  
  Mr. Edward R. Kozel
Sr. VP, Corporate Development,
Cisco Systems, USA  
  Mr. Peter Lothberg
Network Architect,
Stupi AB, Sweden  
  Dr. Jun Murai
Professor, WIDE Project,
Keio University, Japan  
  Dr. Deepinder Sidhu
Professor, Computer Science & Electrical Engineering
University of Maryland Baltimore County
Director, Maryland Center for Telecommunications Research  
  Mr. Pindar Wong
Chairman and President,
VeriFi Limited, Hong Kong