Subject: RFC-2001-06-27-001 - Obtaining IPv8 Address Allocations

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 13:17:11 -0500

Proposed...
RFC-2001-06-27-001 - Obtaining IPv8 Address Allocations

IPv8 Address Allocations are made via IN-ADDR.<TLD>
...the owner of that domain may or may not charge for delegations

...where <TLD> is selected from the following list.
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt

The G:S numbers are then inserted in the IPv8 Signature
http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif

IPv8 Addresses can be used with IPv6 via the Root64 2002 mechanism...
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12213.html
2002:<IPv4>:0000:<IPv8> vs. 3FFE:<IPv6>

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12223.html
RE: Last Call: Delegation of IP6.ARPA to BCP

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12342.html
VHS vs. BETAMAX....

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12215.html
"Proof of Concept TLD Development...and Multiple TLD Clusters"

Jim Fleming
http://www.unir.com
Mars 128n 128e
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/headers.gif
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/start.asp
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12213.html
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12223.html