Subject: Re: "end-to-end" is important....Re: OPES is evil incarnate

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 09:35:49 +0200

>And so:-)...   May the best technology win!
>
>In general, the best does win, in due course;-)...\Stef

Once upon a time.... there where three home video systems: System 2000 was the
best technology, more information recorded, better quality....but too expensive.
It died. Then there was the Beta system, a good technology with fine picture
definition and not so expensive equipment and tapes....but SONY didn't want to
release the patent, so the market killed it. The last one, the worst one, the
one keeping less information was VHS.

Has anybody seen a VCR other than VHS on the last 10 years?

Does the best win?

Remember.... The Good, The Bad and the Ugly;  Unix,Windows and MSDOS.

Does the best win?

I tent to believe that markets choose the one to win on every field, and
unfortunately most times the chosen one is not that who holds the best
technology.

Regards,
j.r.

---

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:15:47 -0500

NTSC vs. PAL
VHS vs. BETAMAX
IPv8 vs. IPv6

What happens when a group of BETAMAX advocates arrive at a meeting
and discover that the host of the meeting supplies them with a VHS player ?

----------------------------------
> as a temporary measure I have configured tunnel to IIJ Palo Alto device.
> the IPv6 prefix for the meeting room is 3ffe:507:1ff::/64.
>
> it would be, of course, better to have ipv6 prefix from microsoft
> research :-)

 today we've got a router operated by MS research guys, using 6to4.
 so my router have went away.
 2002:836b:2505:5::/64
----------------------------------

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12213.html
2002:<IPv4>:0000:<IPv8> vs. 3FFE:<IPv6>

...more TLDs....more address spaces.....more freedom...
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt

Jim Fleming
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/headers.gif
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/sdks/platform/tpipv6/start.asp

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 1:17 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: IPv6 @ interim meeting

> as a temporary measure I have configured tunnel to IIJ Palo Alto device.
> the IPv6 prefix for the meeting room is 3ffe:507:1ff::/64.
>
> it would be, of course, better to have ipv6 prefix from microsoft
> research :-)

 today we've got a router operated by MS research guys, using 6to4.
 so my router have went away.
 2002:836b:2505:5::/64

itojun
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------