Subject: Demise of the 'Internet Report'

From: "Robert G. Ferrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:57:01 -0500 (CDT)

Hi folks,

Sorry about spamming the list with this, but it seemed better than simply 
disappearing without an explanation.

The U.S. government has decided that my "Internet Report" site, where I 
summarized the drafts and RFCs issued each week in tabular format, was 
"inappropriate" and even a "political embarrassment" because it had 
no direct bearing on the mission of my agency and must therefore 
be taken down. I'll try to find some other place to put it up, but since it 
catalogs all IETF draft and RFC activity back to 6/99, as well as providing 
a local RFC mirror, it might be larger than I can comfortably fit on 
my Web site at my personal ISP.

I know from my logs that a couple thousand folks had it bookmarked; I 
sincerely apologize for this incident.  I'm bummed, but there's not 
much I can do about it.  C'est la vie.

Cheers,

RGF

Robert G. Ferrell
========================================
 Who goeth without humor goeth unarmed.
========================================

---

From: A James Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:37:07 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I'm afraid I'm not exactly active on this mailing list... but it's always
useful to keep an eye on the discussion.  I am involved with a startup
open source solutions company and I would be interested in knowing more
about this site (The URL perhaps, although it probably doesn't exist at
the moment!)...

Subject to it not being outrageously large and perhaps a linked Entora
logo, I might be able to offer you hosting on our network... perhaps we
can discuss this?

> much I can do about it.  C'est la vie.

A. James Lewis ([email-masked])
Open Source Specialists  http://www.entora.co.uk/
Tel: +44 (0)701 0723686  Fax: +44 (0)870 3214368