Subject: example .procmailrc stuff for announce lists

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:57:25 -0800

For those who don't know procmail, here is a sample config for just the 
IETF-announce list.  I think this is what Harald is talking about.  Change 
the flags if you need locking.  YMMV.

MAILDIR=YOUR-HOME-DIRECTORY-HERE

:0
* ^To.*IETF-Announce.*
* ^Subject:.*Last Call:.*
last_calls

:0
* ^To.*IETF-Announce.*
* ^Subject: WG Review:.*
wg_reviews

:0
* ^To.*IETF-Announce.*
* ^Subject: I-D ACTION:.*
internet-drafts

:0
* ^To.*IETF-Announce.*
other-stuff

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:15:32 -0600

On 11/21/01 at 9:57 PM -0800, Eliot Lear wrote:

>For those who don't know procmail, here is a sample config for just 
>the IETF-announce list.  I think this is what Harald is talking 
>about.

Actually, no, this wasn't what Harald was talking about. I *could* 
run procmail if I really wanted all of that traffic to come to my 
machine. But I don't. It's actually putting the load on my local 
network and machine that I consider the problem. What Harald 
suggested is that someone with bandwidth and disk space to spare run 
a reflector using procmail that would do the split to demonstrate its 
use and then pass it on to the secretariat if it turned out to be of 
use. I am not on a network that would make this reasonable. Someone 
else suggested that they were working on it.

pr
-- 
Pete Resnick <mailto:[email-masked]>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102