Subject: Re: trying to reconcile two threads

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:46:08 GMT

*> 
  *> In the past, why did Ma Bell charge for telephone extensions on a per instrument
  *> basis? 

Probably because Ma Bell was responsible for internal wiring, if
I recall correctly.

Bob Braden

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 09:58:51 -0800 (PST)

> Probably because Ma Bell was responsible for internal wiring, if

also you didn't own your phone.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Joel Jaeggli				       [email-masked]    
Academic User Services			     [email-masked]
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms.  Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.