Subject: Question from newbie

From: "mickey newnam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 10:56:37 -0500

Hello all,

I am very much in support of the things IETF is accomplishing and the
direction it seems to be headed wrt to 
MIB guidance and oversight.  Many of my customers (i.e. NEMs) are starting
to take notice of network management, 
but for the most part do not understand the dedication required at the
network device level, in other words 
MIB instrumentation.  I am trying to build a strong case for my customers to
take MIB analysis, instrumentation, 
testing, et al seriously.  Sort of a quick pros and cons comparison.  I
would like to ask for suggestions or arguments 
that supports my stance.  I apologize if this isn't the forum for my
request.  If it isn't, I would appreciate some 
direction.

Thanks,
Mickey Newnam
VP Business Development
Cyberwerx, Inc.