Subject: Re: draft-iab-unsaf-considerations-01.txt

From: "John Stracke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 14:25:49 -0500

>>    Also, I think it would be helpful to know how commonly twice-NAT is
>>    deployed, but I don't have any data there.
>
>I believe (at least) twice-NAT is fairly common. I have a NATting router
>between by cable access modem and my home's local area network, and my
>cable access provider has a NATting router between the cable access
>network and the public internet.

What cable provider is this, so that we can avoid them?

/========================================================\
|John Stracke                    |Principal Engineer     |
[email-masked]   |Incentive Systems, Inc.|
|http://www.incentivesystems.com |My opinions are my own.|
|========================================================|
|See what bilateral symmetry can do for YOU!             |
\========================================================/

---

From: Bill Strahm <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 13:49:24 -0800

Pretty much any of the large providers that only provide 
10/8 addresses to their custommers...
I believe AOL for one does this and it wouldn't surprise me if 
most of the large cable providers do something silly like this
at the low end (You can always pay more for a real IP address)

Bill

---

From: james woodyatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 14:28:23 -0800

On Friday, April 5, 2002, at 01:49 PM, Bill Strahm wrote:
>
> [...] I believe AOL for one does this and it wouldn't surprise me if 
> most of the large cable providers do something silly like this at the 
> low end (You can always pay more for a real IP address)

I have also received several reports from multiple sources I find 
credible that at least one large ISP in Asia is doing this.  I am, of 
course, unable to verify such reports.

--
j h woodyatt <[email-masked]>