Subject: RE: OSPF areas

From: "Durrani, Muhammad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:21:29 -0400

What Area is configured while configuring Router C interfaces ...I mean its
Area A or Area B or Area C...

Secondily , Virtual link will come into picture if you define New Area for
Router C ..In case when this guy is connected between Router A and Router B
in either area i guess you don't need any virtual link at all...

It will be better to just draw ur diagram in Ascii and post it over ...

Regards,
Muhammad

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Liao
Wei
Sent: April 24, 2002 9:48 AM
To: 'PLACID,JOSEPH (Non-A-India,ex1)'; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: OSPF areas

Hi further question:

   There are two non-backbone areas (area A, area B) with ABRs
connected to the backbone (ABR A for area A and ABR B for area B).
Normaly, area A will get routing information about B from backbone
with summary LSAs. If between area A and B there is an router C with
some port connect to A and some port connect to B.

1. Is this router an ABR?

2. If there is no Vitrual links configured for this router to connect
to backbone. The routes in area A to networks in area B which directly
connected to router C may not be the shorest path.

3. How to address this problem?

Regards

-Wei Liao

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
PLACID,JOSEPH (Non-A-India,ex1)
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 2:43 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: OSPF areas

Hi,
	Can an OSPF router be included in two OSPF areas? What is the
definition of an OSPF Area Border Router, is it - A router that is part of a
single OSPF area (the router has only one link state database) but has an
interface that connects to a different area? OR is it - a router that is
included in two different areas (the router will have two link state
databases)? Does Area Border Routers have copies of the link state databases
of all areas it connects to?

rgds,

Joseph Placid