Subject: RE: [Fwd: [Asrg] Verisign: All Your ...

From: "Laird, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:22:17 +1000

>   DNS !-> Registration
>   Registration -> DNS

Wrong. I have a registered domain. I have no DNS entries.

DNS !-> Registration
Registration !-> DNS

--James

Disclaimer: Whilst every attempt has been made to ensure that material
contained in this email is free from computer viruses or other defects, the
attached files are provided, and may only be used, on the basis that the
user assumes all par responsibility for the use of the material transmitted.
The email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above and may contain information, distribution or copying that is
confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
note that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify
us immediately by return email and destroy the original message.

---

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:50:22 -0400 (EDT)

Uhh, you might think about that.

Clearly, DNS doesn't indicate anything about whether a domain is
registered, as you demonstrate.

However, we know that the registration will eventually be reflected in
DNS. The reverse does not happen.

		--Dean