Subject: How can I get more advice for my I-D?

From: "wang liang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:03:17 +0800

I submitted my I-D several weeks ago,but I haven't  received even a piece of
advice.This I-D is about the search protocol for library.Now there are more
and more databases in library,we often have to search in many databases one
by one  to get the precise and comprehensive recorder.It's maybe not a
pleasure job.Our protocol just solve this problem.
I think it is a useful  protocol with some  faultiness.How can I get more
advice for it.I can't find a work group for it.Just create one?

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 07:32:25 -0700

--On 23. september 2003 17:03 +0800 wang liang <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I submitted my I-D several weeks ago,but I haven't  received even a piece
> of advice.This I-D is about the search protocol for library.Now there are
> more and more databases in library,we often have to search in many
> databases one by one  to get the precise and comprehensive recorder.It's
> maybe not a pleasure job.Our protocol just solve this problem.

with several thousand internet-drafts published each year, it is not likely 
that you will get feedback just by publishing one.

The trick that most often works is, as usual, to find the people interested 
in the same area of work, give them a pointer, and ask for feedback. In 
this case, looking for people who have worked in relation to Z39.50 and 
similar efforts might be useful.

Good luck!
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> This message was passed through [email-masked], which
> is a sublist of [email-masked]. Not all messages are passed. Decisions on
> what to pass are made solely by Raffaele D'Albenzio.
>
>