Subject: Draft on 97.0.0.0. network

From: "Vinod Vasudevan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:17:39 +0530

Hi,
I have been given to understand that there was a working draft to bring
97.x/8 subnet in to the private IP address space similar to 10.x/8. Can
you please clarify if this is true? Will 97.x be a subnet that comes
under private internet address in the near future?

Regards,
Vinod

---

From: Bill Manning <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 21:31:09 -0700 (PDT)

% Hi,
% I have been given to understand that there was a working draft to bring
% 97.x/8 subnet in to the private IP address space similar to 10.x/8. Can
% you please clarify if this is true? Will 97.x be a subnet that comes
% under private internet address in the near future?
%  
% Regards,
% Vinod

	I believe that the process to turn 97.0.0.0/8 into "private"
	space is not at all well defined. I would not expect to see
	any new private space be sactioned and ratified in the 
	forseeable future.

--bill
Opinions expressed may not even be mine by the time you read them, and
certainly don't reflect those of any other entity (legal or otherwise).