Subject: Verisign problems - redirection without RR's

From: [email-masked] (Dan Kolis)
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:23:04 -0400

I'm hoping for a 'change of faith' based on the $100 Million lawsuit. 

I can't believe anyone capable of doing this, would do this. Even the paper
newspapers get this is somehow a bad development; (ie wall st journal).

Proves ICANN is not interested in the integrity of the DNS to have permitted
this.

regards,
Dan

---

From: "Anthony Atkielski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:13:27 +0200

> Proves ICANN is not interested in the integrity of the DNS to have
permitted

ICANN is probably busy trying to find a way to copyright the root domain.
Everyone wants his slice of the unlimited possibilities for manufactured
wealth inherent in IP law.

---

From: Marc Schneiders <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:46:01 +0200 (CEST)

> wealth inherent in IP law.

ICANN could ask Dept of Commerce for an * in the root zone. It could
solve all ICANNs financial problems. Perhaps com/net was just a test
case to see what reactions would come? I don't really think so, given
the way ICANN reacted. I think ICANN wasn't even consulted. Not that
that gives much hope for the future of the DNS.

-- 
[07] Just do nothing to remain with us.
http://logoff.org