Subject: revised iCalendar schedule of IETF-59 (with timezones)

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:51:31 -0500

see http://www.cs.utk.edu/~moore/IETF-59.ics

I edited this by hand from the one that Lars Eggert supplied to add 
timezones.  I may have botched the edit, but iCal seems happy with it.

(note to calendar sw implementors: the ability to set or change the 
timezone on all of the events in a calendar that is imported might be 
useful)

---

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 17:08:12 -0800 (PST)

I think you also need to set preferences to include timezones (obviously)
and also you need to set when the day starts and ends. I have not figured
out what the right settings are yet. Tell us if you figure it out.

ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher,  The Internet Protocol Journal
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: [email-masked]  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:09:24 -0500

> out what the right settings are yet. Tell us if you figure it out.

In iCal, you can set the timezone that you want to view by clicking on 
the timezone name in the upper right part of the display.  If 
Asia/Seoul doesn't show up, click on Other and a map will pop up; click 
in the vicinity of Seoul on the map.

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 03:14:08 +0100

> out what the right settings are yet. Tell us if you figure it out.

I use "day starts at midnight" and "day ends at midnight" along with 
"show 14 hours at a time". This allows me to see the entire working day 
and most of the evening at a time and scrolling up or down brings 
things that happen very early/late into view. (Sometimes I set the end 
time for stuff that happens at night a bit later than the real end time 
so it shows in my regular 0800 - 2200 hours (or so) window.) Try to 
avoid having too many all-day events or make those hidden, though, as 
they take away space from the day.

But don't worry about all of this too much: when you set your timezone 
to Korean time, everything will magically be between 0800 and 2200 
again.  :-)

If the text -> iCal script writers have spare time on their hands I 
have a feature request: allow users to select which working groups and 
BoFs they're interested in, and then generate a custom schedule that 
only list those sessions and the plenaries. (Upto 6 sessions 
simultaneously gets a bit overwhelming.) Also, leaving out the breaks 
probably makes for a cleaner look.