Subject: Jabber at IETF-59

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:37:45 +0100

Will there be any jabbering at IETF-59? There is absolutely no 
information to be found anywhere, and connecting to 
conference.ietf.jabber.com (which was the server of choice at past 
meetings IIRC) room "plenary" doesn't produce results of any kind, not 
even a timeout, for my client.

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 11:05:02 -0700

I used this setup, everything still seems to work I just sent
a "TEST" message to the CALSCH room and it seems to take it.

It says in part: "IETF text conferencing now has a permanent home.  ..."

        http://xmpp.org/ietf-chat.html

-- 

Doug Royer                     |   http://INET-Consulting.com
-------------------------------|-----------------------------
[email-masked]                 | Office: (208)520-4044
http://Royer.com/People/Doug   | Fax:    (866)594-8574
                               | Cell:   (208)520-4044

              We Do Standards - You Need Standards

---

From: Marshall Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:34:15 -0800

> even a timeout, for my client.

well, i'm in several rooms right now... they all appear to be working...

/mtr

---

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:27:05 -0700

He is looking for instructions.

>well, i'm in several rooms right now... they all appear to be working...
Using which server?

--

---

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 21:43:02 +0100

> Using which server?

http://xmpp.org/ietf-chat.html did the trick - thanks!