Subject: ietf social event

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:43:24 -0800

Has anyone besides me had trouble signing up for the social event? The site 
apparently uses a pop-up, which the first browser I used blocked, and when 
I tried a different browser, the payment transaction failed. Is it just me?
/=====================================================================/
  |     Fred Baker                 |        1121 Via Del Rey          |
  |     Cisco Fellow               |        Santa Barbara, California |
  +--------------------------------+        93117 USA                 |
  | Nothing will ever be attempted,| phone: +1-408-526-4257           |
  | if all possible objections must| fax:   +1-413-473-2403           |
  | be first overcome.             | mobile:+1-805-637-0529           |
  |     Dr. Johnson, Rasselas, 1759|                                  |
/=====================================================================/

---

From: "JORDI PALET MARTINEZ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 23:36:09 +0100

Me ;-)

I tried, and failed in the payment ... so I decided to do on-site, to avoid double charging on the credit card

Regards,
Jordi

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Fred Baker" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 10:43 PM
Subject: ietf social event

> I tried a different browser, the payment transaction failed. Is it just me?

**********************************
Madrid 2003 Global IPv6 Summit
Presentations and videos on line at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:47:08 -0500

I see this after completing the JavaScript pop up asking if I'll pay now.

  ucesspay.servlet.CDTxnWebServlet -> 
ucesspay.common.CommandException: Invalid Command 
Identifier(cmdNotFoundEx)

- This Is UcessPay, Electronic Payment Gateway Service Site. -

At 13:43 -0800 2/23/04, Fred Baker wrote:
>Has anyone besides me had trouble signing up for the social event? 
>The site apparently uses a pop-up, which the first browser I used 
>blocked, and when I tried a different browser, the payment 
>transaction failed. Is it just me?

-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

History repeats, therefore my life is a rerun.

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:55:54 +0000

Fred Baker wrote:

> Has anyone besides me had trouble signing up for the social event? The 
> site apparently uses a pop-up, which the first browser I used blocked, 
> and when I tried a different browser, the payment transaction failed. 
> Is it just me? 

No, it failed to work for me as well.

Alexey

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 23:01:26 -0500

--On Monday, 23 February, 2004 13:43 -0800 Fred Baker 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Has anyone besides me had trouble signing up for the social
> event? The site apparently uses a pop-up, which the first
> browser I used blocked, and when I tried a different browser,
> the payment transaction failed. Is it just me?

I tried several days ago, with a variety of browsers and 
settings, popups enabled and disabled, etc.   All failed, with a 
variety of different-seeming messages, most of which seemed to 
involve some Javascript failure or another.

    john

---

From: "Steve Silverman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 20:11:55 -0500

The payment process failed for me.
Steve Silverman

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Fred
> Baker
> Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 4:43 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> event? The site
> _______________________________________________
> This message was passed through
> [email-masked], which is a sublist of
> [email-masked]. Not all messages are passed. Decisions on
> what to pass are made solely by IETF_CENSORED ML
> Administrator ([email-masked]).
>
>