Subject: Summary of the ad-hoc WiFi problems at IETF meetings?

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:00:15 -0700

Greetings again. I was at a conference this week that offered WiFi. 
They had the same problems we had at the past two IETFs with a few 
folks doing ad-hoc mode, thereby knocking out access for many of us. 
Was there any writeup from the IETF NOC teams about the problem and 
how we fixed it? If so, it would be great to make that information 
available to the wider world.

Please send responses to me, and I'll summarize them to the list.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 08:29:45 -0700

Paul,

I'll ask - but Brett Thorson was the person that was gathering the info, 
and he has just left CNRI. So I don't know whether the information has been 
preserved.

                        Harald

--On 28. mai 2004 09:00 -0700 "Paul Hoffman / VPNC" <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

> Greetings again. I was at a conference this week that offered WiFi. They
> had the same problems we had at the past two IETFs with a few folks doing
> ad-hoc mode, thereby knocking out access for many of us. Was there any
> writeup from the IETF NOC teams about the problem and how we fixed it? If
> so, it would be great to make that information available to the wider
> world.
>