Subject: Re: Complaint on abuse of DNSOP lists

From: "Kevin C. Almeroth" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 22:32:26 -0700

This pretty much does it for me:  anyone who says they are entitled
to participate in the IETF immediately goes into my spam bucket.

As others have pointed out, you've done yourself more harm than good.

>>I'm entitled to particpate, and I'm entitled to send email to the WG 
>>chairs as a participant.
>>
>>One thing I've noticed is that of none of the people criticizing me has
>>thought to address the fact that OUR ADDRESS SPACE IS NOT HIJACKED, and
>>that these people associated with the IETF: Paul Vixie, Joe Abley, Bill
>>Manning, and Rob Austein as WG Co-chair in his role for IETF business, all
>>claim that it is.  But anyone can plainly see they are lying.
>>
>>Dean Anderson
>>Av8 Internet, Inc
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>Ietf mailing list
>>[email-masked]
>>https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
>>

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:34:56 -0400 (EDT)

Of course, this is exactly why the third world doesn't want to have the
IETF in charge in its present form.

Professional and standards organizations aren't private clubs.

		--Dean

---

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:34:56 -0400 (EDT)

--Dean

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 14:13:52 +0200

I thought I needed to pay to get to most ITU standards. But I might be 
wrong.

I can't see how personal closed discussions relate to open 
standardization. Are you saying that you want to have an open process, 
as long as you have a direct channel to the chairs in that process? I 
am not following you. I though the standardization for the IETF was 
done in public, not in private emails with the chairs. And that that 
was what made the IETF special.

- - kurtis -

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 14:13:52 +0200

- - kurtis -

---

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:30:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 17 May 2004, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> 
> 

What does that have to do with anything???  The IETF obtains funds, too.  
Nothing is free.

> was what made the IETF special.

Some IETF business needs to be conducted off-list.  If the IETF is going
to participate in unlawful group boycotts, then it can't really claim to
have an open process.  You couch your terms as though I expect to have a
'special direct channel' to the chairs.  I only expect to have the _SAME_
access as everyone else, and no less.  If others can send email directly
to the chairs, then I should have that opportunity as well.  Anything less 
is unequal access.

As I've already pointed out, this abuse on the DNS lists isn't new, and it
hasn't only targeted me.  And in fact, in the past, it hasn't been limited
to off-list email, but on-list email as well.  I'm just the _current_
victim.

		--Dean

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: PGP 8.0.3
> 
> iQA/AwUBQKisgqarNKXTPFCVEQLJrQCgoc/TPKrlLx7QUTXsjkIkjZ8kVVsAn07g
> f8jJEq6KM4+sTZqp01ScKraY
> =KuSS
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> 
>

---

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:30:36 -0400 (EDT)

--Dean