Subject: Re: Complaint on abuse of DNSOP lists

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 13:53:25 -0700

Dean,

third time same complaint, third time same answer.

No.

A WG chair is expected to read mail coming from the working group list. 
What he does with copies that go directly to him is his own business.

And as I have told you on the previous two instances of this complaint: 
Personal mail to you, including bounce messages, is not someone defaming 
you in the IETF, even when you choose to make it public.

                    Harald

--On 10. mai 2004 14:17 -0400 Dean Anderson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Point of order, please
>
> It seems that WG co-chair has begun to use an email address that is
> defaming Av8 Internet, Inc by returning business email to users of Av8
> Internet claiming that Av8 Internet has hijacked some address space.
>
> Av8 Internet hereby demands that the IETF immediately end this behavior
> and halt the defamation of Av8 Internet, Inc by IETF representatives.
> IETF representatives must use email addresses that are not configured for
> defamation of Av8 Internet, Inc.
>
> Dean Anderson
> Av8 Internet, Inc
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 20:17:23 -0400
> From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details
>
> The original message was received at Sun, 9 May 2004 20:17:14 -0400
> from cirrus.av8.net [130.105.36.66]
>
>    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> <[email-masked]>
>     (reason: 553 Service unavailable; Client host [130.105.36.66] blocked
> using dnsbl.sorbs.net; Hijacked/Disused Netblock See:
> http://www.dnsbl.sorbs.net/cgi-bin/lookup?IP=130.105.36.66)
>
>    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> ... while talking to mx-1.isc.org.:
>>>> DATA
> <<< 553 Service unavailable; Client host [130.105.36.66] blocked using
> dnsbl.sorbs.net; Hijacked/Disused Netblock See:
> http://www.dnsbl.sorbs.net/cgi-bin/lookup?IP=130.105.36.66 550 5.1.1
> <[email-masked]>... User unknown
> <<< 554 Error: no valid recipients
>

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 14:01:19 -0400 (EDT)

> What he does with copies that go directly to him is his own business.

I disagree. A WG chair has to read email from participants, including 
off-list email.  Certain complaints and business needs to be handled 
off-list.  

> you in the IETF, even when you choose to make it public.

I disagree, and I believe the IETF attorney has advised you otherwise.  
The previous complaints involving Paul Vixie and Joe Abley regarded their 
roles as participants, not as representatives of the IETF.

Dean Anderson
Av8 Internet, Inc

---

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 14:01:19 -0400 (EDT)

Dean Anderson
Av8 Internet, Inc

---

From: "Lucy E. Lynch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 12:33:04 -0700 (PDT)

DNSOP list members -

A friendly reminder about the list setup:

DNSOP, the Domain Name System Operations WG list.

Questions about the administration of this list should be addressed to
[email-masked]

Posts intended for the entire list should be addressed to
[email-masked]

If you plan to post from more than one email address, please send a
list of secondary posting addresses to: [email-masked]
with a subjecy line that reads: dnsop secondary posting request

To unsubscribe yourself from this list send a message to
[email-masked]' with the contents:

unsubscribe dnsop
end

or go to the web based user interface:
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html

The Mhonarc web archive can be found here:
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html

A list of the  text archive files (month by month) can be found by
sending an index request (index dnsop) to [email-masked]
and files can be retrived using the majordomo get command:

get dnsop dnsop.archive.xxx
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note that the list is archived is several ways and in several places,
so anyone can read the WG list at their pleasure.

Lucy E. Lynch 				Academic User Services
Computing Center			University of Oregon
llynch  @darkwing.uoregon.edu		(541) 346-1774/Cell: 912-7998

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Dean Anderson wrote:

> .
> dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
> web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
> mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html
>

---

From: "Lucy E. Lynch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 12:33:04 -0700 (PDT)

DNSOP list members -

unsubscribe dnsop
end