Subject: telecom recovery unlikely as long as best effort is industry's only business model

From: Gordon Cook <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 16:31:39 -0400

Since mid March I have been leading a private mail list and came out 
with a conclusion last weekend  that there can be no telecom recovery 
as long as the industry relies solely on the best effort business 
model which I believe is not economically sustainable.

This has led to two articles on my June-July issue conclusions this 
week in the trade press.  Something that has never happened to me 
before.  :-)

The first is ISP Planet and the second Broadband Edge.

Here are the urls

http://www.isp-planet.com/perspectives/2004/cook_internet.html  (monday)

http://bbedge.mblast.com/presentation/page798-878156.asp  (today)

Finally my summary, table of contents and list of contributors is at 
http://cookreport.com/13.04.shtml

Enjoy the weekend.

-- 
=============================================================
The COOK Report on Internet Protocol, 431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA
  609 882-2572 (PSTN) 703 738-6031 (Vonage) Subscription info & prices 
at http://cookreport.com/subscriptions.shtml Report on economic black 
hole of best
effort networks at: http://cookreport.com/13.04.shtml  E-mail 
[email-masked]
=============================================================

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf