Subject: RFC 3164 i.e. BSD Syslog Protocol

From: "Sabharwal, Atul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:11:52 -0700

RFC 3164 i.e. the BSD Syslog protocol allows a client to send multiple
datagrams to different
Hosts. In a clustered environment, datagrams can be lost. Has anyone
considered using a 
IP multicast socket for sending messages to multiple hosts ? Is there a
draft proposal
In this regard. Also, as I understand, there is no retransmisson support
like in SNMP.

Any comments or suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

Atul

-------------------------------------------------------------
P.S:  All opinions are my personal opinion(s) & responsibility and do
not represent the view of my employer ( Intel Corporation ).

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf