Subject: Re: The IETF Mission

From: "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 05:33:25 +0200

At 16:52 06/02/04, [email-masked] wrote:
>To create open technical standards and identify best practices that are 
>useful to and
>adopted by the world internet communtity and the public at large

Along your lines, what about:
"To propose open technical standard and identify best practices striving to 
address the multifolded needs of the public at large, through its use of 
the internet part of the digital ecosystem".

- "useful" only is not a very exciting challenge.
- one cannot develop something which will be adopted. One can only observe 
it has been adopted.
- RFCs respect is impotrant, but should not come first every and all user 
alternative needs?
- Internet is to converge with other infromation mediums, since the world 
expects one single service ubiquitous continuity.

jfc

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf