Subject: Additional complaint about disparagement by Paul Vixie on IETF lists

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:21:53 -0400 (EDT)

Harald, Please add __Another__ complaint to the chair about inappropriate
behavior by Mr. Vixie.  Altering our name from Av8 Internet to "dv8" is 
simply more disparagement and though we've all come to expect 
such 3rd grade, infantile behavior from Mr. Vixie, it is still 
inappropriate. 

The Chair's failure to chastise the many examples of this behavior by Mr.  
Vixie seems to indicate that the Chair has no interest in upholding the
principles of the ISOC or the IETF, and the IETF Mission.  If that is the
case, then perhaps the Chair should resign, so the Chairmanship can be
filled by someone who is interested in doing these things.

Dean Anderson
Av8 Internet, Inc

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 19 Jun 2004 03:35:49 +0000
From: Paul Vixie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Response to complaint from Dean Anderson (fwd)

[email-masked] ("Stephen Sprunk") writes:
> ...
> Dean's problem is that he sends mail from an open relay, which isc.org's
> servers block completely ...

actually i think the reason dv8's ip address listed on SORBS is due to
reported irregularities in the trust deed for that address block, rather
than due to reported open relay activities.  maybe dv8 will eventually
sue somebody, so that a court can sort it all out and all the facts can
be objectively and publically known.

a note for harald and the others-- i've been lawsuit-threated by experts,
and i can tell you from that experience, dv8 appears to not be an expert.
-- 
Paul Vixie

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Anthony DeRobertis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:45:32 -0400

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 06:21:53PM -0400, Dean Anderson wrote:
> simply more disparagement

I don't see how "dv8" is disparaging in any way. If that is an attempt
to disparage AV8, then it's a very, very poor attempt. More likely, I
suspect, is that its a mistake.

---

From: grenville armitage <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:45:29 +1000

> suspect, is that its a mistake.

I personally filter out all emails from Dean Anderson, but let's
not ignore our own responsibilities. Try pronouncing "dv8". Still
don't understand the intended slight? Paul used it more than once, so
not a mistake. The mistake was to stoop just that little bit lower (or
to not filter out Dean's emails in the first place, but I digress....)

gja