Subject: the best point, Re: non-solution

From: Ed Gerck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:26:51 -0700

Bill Sommerfeld wrote:

 > Ed Gerck wrote:
>>What I suggested is a web interface to the IETF mailboxes, such that
>>any routing problems TO those mailboxes would cease to be an issue,
>>allowing the IETF to be in FULL CONTROL of what is forwared to a
>>mailbox, or not.
> 
> How is this compatible with the IETF being run largely by donated
> labor?

That's the best point of my suggestion! The IETF (and this list!) would
no longer waste time with complaints about lack of access to mailboxes,
while IETF-wide challenge-response (as it is done today already) and
filters would be in place to prevent further wasting of donated labor.
Because routing problems TO those mailboxes would cease to be an issue,
the servers would either accept and forward the message or send back a
message with further instructions to the sender. Of course, people could
still send email as today. But there would be an alternative using the
Internet, preventing the current single point of failure.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf