Subject: Reminder of this mailing list's charter

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 19:03:48 -0700

A reminder to the people actively posting on the "spoofing email addresses" 
thread:

RFC 3005 says the following (emphasis mine):

   This list is meant for INITIAL discussion only.  Discussions that
   fall within the area of any working group or well established list
   should be moved to such more specific forum as soon as this is
   pointed out, unless the issue is one for which the working group
   needs wider input or direction.

If you are making arguments that relate to sender authentication based on 
DNS records, they belong in the MARID working group; please take the 
arguments there.

If you are making arguments that relate to the spam problem in general, 
they belong in the ASRG research group; please take the arguments there.

If you have new insights to contribute that have escaped the relevance of 
these two fora, please go on posting.... but say what you have to say once!

                  Harald

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf