Subject: A little more feedback? #818 Hiring and firing the IAD

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:26:26 +0100

I believe that the text Scott proposed for section 3 to replace paragraph 3 
is acceptable ("minor edit"). But John Klensin suggested one additional 
edit - adding a nomcom-appointed member - which got no further feedback.

So we have 3 alternatives:

OLD
   Although the IAD is an ISOC employee, he or she works under the
   direction of the IAOC.  The IAD is selected and hired by a committee
   of the IAOC.  The members of this committee are appointed by the
   IAOC, and consist at minimum of the ISOC President and the IETF
   Chair.  This same committee is responsible for setting the IAD's
   initial compensation, reviewing the performance of the IAD
   periodically, and determining any changes to the IAD's employment and
   compensation.

NEW(1)

Although the IAD is an ISOC employee, he or she works under the
direction of the IAOC. A committee of the IAOC is responsible for
hiring and firing of the IAD, for reviewing the performance and for
setting the compensation of the IAD. The members of this committee are 
appointed by the IAOC, and consist at minimum of the ISOC President and the 
IETF Chair.

NEW(2)

Although the IAD is an ISOC employee, he or she works under the
direction of the IAOC. A committee of the IAOC is responsible for
hiring and firing of the IAD, for reviewing the performance and for
setting the compensation of the IAD. The members of this committee are 
appointed by the IAOC, and consist at minimum of the ISOC President, the 
IETF Chair and one IAOC member that has been selected by the Nomcom.

I don't see any world-shaking difference between these, but I slightly 
prefer the last one (with nomcom-selected member).

I'd like this one, too, nailed before -05 rolls....

               Harald

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:40:49 -0500

I also favor the second wording.

a.

On 24 jan 2005, at 12.26, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> appointed by the IAOC, and consist at minimum of the ISOC President, 
> the IETF Chair and one IAOC member that has been selected by the 
> Nomcom.
>