Subject: RE: Excellent choice for summer meeting location!

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 20:10:43 -0500 (EST)

Glen rants:
> Are you then claiming that there is _nowhere_ in France that a) is
> capable of hosting a meeting with the IETF's requirements and b) the
> weather is more pleasant? =20

how about Paris?  
http://www.paris.org/Accueil/Climate/gifs/paris.climate.temp.html

seems like the news story about extraordinary is also rare

average max temp in Paris in july looks like 24 C and a bit lower in aug

cooler than boston
http://www.thisistravel.co.uk/travel/weather/location.html?in_location_id=205&in_page_id=1

average max temp in july 27 C

now if you are coming from Seattle I can see that both might be
considered deadly  :-)

see 4th paragraph of
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/letter_from_america/3102625.stm

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Franck Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 16:39:59 +1200

Don't forget also: It is FULL of French!

On serious note: go in the Alps. The ski stations are nearly empty (no 
snow), they have huge capacity (some were Winter Olympic places), the 
weather is quite good and the scenery is breath taking.

Cheers

-- 
Franck Martin
ICT Specialist
[email-masked]
SOPAC, Fiji
GPG Key fingerprint = 44A4 8AE4 392A 3B92 FDF9  D9C6 BE79 9E60 81D9 1320
"Toute connaissance est une reponse a une question" G.Bachelard

---

From: Mark Prior <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 15:34:17 +1030

> weather is quite good and the scenery is breath taking.

Might I suggest that you find a suitable venue and a sponsor that can 
provide connectivity to the venue and then suggest it.

Having been through this process (and Jordi I started hassling for 
Adelaide at the Columbus meeting in 1993 and Jun spent a similar amount 
of time trying to get it to Tokyo so keep going :) I can say it's not 
easy trying to find a venue that can be configured for an IETF (multiple 
large meeting rooms) together with a large number of close by hotel rooms.

Mark.

---

From: "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 17:12:55 +0100

>Don't forget also: It is FULL of French!

And very upset Frenchies if the IESG accepts the 
Draft-Phillips-language-08/9.txt as a standard to be. I suppose there could 
be a premiere: street riots opposing an IETF meetings :-) This would 
warm-up the atmosphere !

But sorry to dismay you, there is no one in Paris in August, only Chinese, 
Japanese and Americans, transiting Dutch and relaxing Germans.