Subject: Issue #787 - Transparency in sect 7

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:01:31 +0100

Issue 787 is linked to issue 794

Inside 787 we have several topics in fact. One of them is
Transparency in sect 7

Harald (justified and) suggested to change the current text

  Transparency: The IETF community shall have complete visibility into
  the financial and legal structure of the ISOC standards activity.
  In particular, a detailed budget for the entire standards
  activity, quarterly financial reports, and audited annual
  financial reports shall all be available to the IETF community.
  In addition, key contract material and MOUs shall also be publicly
  available. The IAD and IAOC are responsible for providing regular
  overviews of the state of the IASA to the IETF community.

into:

  Transparency: The IETF community shall have complete visibility into
  the financial and legal structure of the ISOC activities that
  are related to, but not part of, the IASA standards support activity.
  In particular, a detailed budget for the entire related ISOC
  activity, quarterly financial reports, and audited annual
  financial reports shall all be available to the IETF community.
  In addition, key contract material and MOUs shall also be publicly
  available, subject to any reasonable confidentiality obligations
  approved by the IAD.

and asked if that makes sense.

I believe I have seen several agreements, but it is a bit ahrd to
judge, because the text in that ticket deals with several issues.

So I jave made the above change in my edit buffer.

Speak up asap pls if you have an issue with that.

Bert

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:14:59 -0500

> Speak up asap pls if you have an issue with that.

Sounds good to me, except why did we drop the last sentence?