Subject: Re: Last Call: 'Message Submission' to Draft Standard

From: Bruce Lilly <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 22:56:01 -0500

>  Date: 2005-01-27 14:43
>  From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
>  To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
>  
> The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the 
> following document:
> 
> - 'Message Submission '
>    <draft-gellens-submit-bis-00.txt> as a Draft Standard
> 
> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
> final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
> [email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2005-02-24.

One question, one substantive issue, and one small nit:

Q: Is there a list of changes from RFC 2476? [As the request is to
   advance to Draft status, it would be nice to know if any changes
   are of such scope and substance as to warrant remaining at
   Proposed.  Such a list would also aid reviewers, to ensure that
   some subtle change is not overlooked.]

S: The table in section 7 omits MTRK (RFC 3885), probably others. At
   minimum, the authors should review SMTP extensions and update that
   table before publication.

N: Use of "SMTP envelope" in place of "envelope" (3 places) would
   avoid possible confusion.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf