Subject: RE: draft-phillips-langtags-08, process, sp ecifications, "stability", and extensions

From: Misha Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:33:54 +0000

Dave Crocker wrote: 

> And, indeed, I haven't seen much support for the document under
discussion.

I find statements such as this mind-boggling.  Please explain what you 
mean by "much support".  There have been at least as many individuals 
writing mails in favour of the document as against it.  Furthermore, 
it has been made clear that the individuals writing the document and 
supporting it represent *very* large communities.

-- 
Misha Wolf
Standards Manager
Chief Architecture Office
Reuters

-------------------------------------------------------------- --
        Visit our Internet site at http://www.reuters.com

Get closer to the financial markets with Reuters Messaging - for more
information and to register, visit http://www.reuters.com/messaging

Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual
sender,  except  where  the sender specifically states them to be
the views of Reuters Ltd.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:42:07 -0500

> supporting it represent *very* large communities.

Support is there.  Consensus, however, is quite lacking on this one.
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Deborah Goldsmith <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 17:57:03 -0800

Let me take this opportunity to say that Apple, too, strongly supports 
3066bis.

Deborah Goldsmith
Internationalization, Unicode liaison
Apple Computer, Inc.
[email-masked]