Subject: Items where I think there is already a consensus, or which are covered by other tickets

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:17:44 +0100

I think the following relations hold:

- Three of the "financial" tickets are covered by the text changes proposed 
in #778 (the "Finances" message I sent a few days ago). They are:
- #740: Reserves
- #748: Quarterly deposits
- #772: term "Accruied funds"

In addition:
- #770 (Compensation for IAOC members) has consensus on text
- #771 (Powers of IAOC chair) has consensus on text
- #778 ("Finances") has consensus on the text, as modified by #779
- #779 (IAOC role in separation ISOC/IETF) has consensus on text
- #752 ("ISOC bolt blowing") has not made the case for change, and can be 
closed with no change to text.

Unless someone insists, I won't recapitulate those.

OK?

                    Harald

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Steve Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:02:49 -0500

Harald, et al,

It looks like the BCP process is moving along nicely.  Meanwhile, within 
ISOC, we're studying the draft and focusing on how best to provide the 
right procedures and support for the IETF.  Some  ISOC folks have 
offered up suggestions already.  We will try to provide a more 
comprehensive set of comments shortly.

In broad terms, the IETF runs the standards process and completely 
controls its procedures.  The administrative processes should be 
supportive of the volunteers in the IETF to help make the IETF 
efficient, effective and fulfilling.  ISOC's primary responsibility in 
this area is to raise the funds and provide the business support.  ISOC 
has been funding the IETF and providing business support for many years, 
so the current restructuring of the administrative processes is, from 
our perspective, an evolution of the existing relationship as opposed to 
the creation of a wholly new relation.

Steve

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> - Three of the "financial" tickets are covered by the text changes 
> proposed in #778 (the "Finances" message I sent a few days ago). They 
> are:
> - #740: Reserves
> - #752 ("ISOC bolt blowing") has not made the case for change, and can 
> be closed with no change to text.
>