Subject: Timeline for further work on IASA BCP

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:07:26 +0100

At the moment, there are 19 open tickets in the issue tracker. Some of 
these are overlapping.

Of these, I think only issue #740 has been raised by people who speak for 
ISOC; I am not sure whether it means that ISOC is otherwise OK with the 
text or that ISOC has not sent comments yet.

Lynn Duval (ISOC) has reviewed the document from a financial perspective, 
and sent comments. The editors have scheduled a meeting with her next week 
to check the current wording.
Jorge Contreras (the IETF lawyer) is reviewing the document from a legal 
perspective. More review is, of course, welcome!

My current plan for this week is:

- Today: Attempt to send "Consensus?" messages on the remaining 19 issues, 
if I think that's possible

- Friday morning, US-ET: Submit a revised draft (-04) to the 
internet-drafts editor.

- Friday afternoon, once I-D is published: Send out a note on this list 
asking 2 questions:
  - Is the draft now good enough?
  - Do we need to reissue, lengthen or restart the Last Call?

The next two steps are contingent on a "no" answer on the last question:

- Thursday, Jan 20: Put the document before the IESG for IESG review and 
possible approval. If the discussion indicates that IETF community members 
require more time for review, I will place a DISCUSS vote on the document 
that will remain in force until I conclude that the community says that it 
has had enough time to review. I think it unlikely that it can be passed on 
this date, but it is good to have the formal IESG review done.

- The next IESG telechat is on Thursday, Feb 3. Given that the document is 
discussed at one IESG telechat, it is possible to have it approved between 
telechats, if community consensus indicates that this is the Right Thing. 
Otherwise, we discuss it again here.

Seems like a plan?

                  Harald

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "John Loughney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:07:52 +0200

Harald,

This sounds reasonable to me.  How long do you are you planning to give us to review the updated draft? I've put off doing a thorough review of the draft (mostly just lurking on the discussions here) as it has been difficult to keep up with changes.

John

------------------- Original message -------------------
Subject: Timeline for further work on IASA BCP
From: "Harald Tveit Alvestrand" <[email-masked]>
Time: 01/12/2005 11:07 am

Seems like a plan?

                  Harald

---

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:40:29 +0100

Good plan!

Bert

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> Harald Tveit Alvestrand
> Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 11:07
> To: [email-masked]