Subject: Re: A little more feedback? #818 Hiring and firing the IAD

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:29:55 -0500 (EST)

I prefer NEW(2)

  Although the IAD is an ISOC employee, he or she works under the
  direction of the IAOC. A committee of the IAOC is responsible for
  hiring and firing of the IAD, for reviewing the performance and for
  setting the compensation of the IAD. The members of this committee are 
  appointed by the IAOC, and consist at minimum of the ISOC President, the 
  IETF Chair and one IAOC member that has been selected by the Nomcom.

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:32:08 +0100

>   IETF Chair and one IAOC member that has been selected by the Nomcom.

No objection (we are getting a bit into micromanagement, imho, but there
is no harm in this provision that I can see).

    Brian