Subject: IASA Transition Team page now available

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 18:02:01 +0100

As part of the transition to the IETF Administrative Support Activity 
(IASA), the IESG, the IAB and ISOC has formed a "transition team" to help 
start the work required to establish the IASA.

The transition team is not empowered to make binding decisions about the 
IASA. It tries to lay out the thinking that is required, and identify the 
things that "obviously have to be done" in order to get a functioning IASA 
organization.

Its first order of business has been to run the process to get the IASA 
Administrative Director (the IAD) hired. The second order of business is to 
try to understand the needed steps to get the contracts in place that will 
allow the support for the IETF to function according to the principles in 
the IASA BCP.

The transition team has been keeping notes on its work in a Wiki. In order 
to give the community a chance to see what we are doing, we have made 
portions of the notebook publicly visible.

Note - this is a sometimes-updated snapshot of parts of our workspace. It 
will have outdated information, proposals that can't work, personal 
opinions and things that are left hanging. There will also be parts that 
are not made visible - for instance, notes about personnel issues, names of 
potential contractors or dial-up access for teleconferences. But it should 
give a fair idea of what we are doing.

Check out <http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/adminrest/transteam/> for the 
notebook and more details of the team.

                      Harald

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf