Subject: for your amusement

From: "Lucy E. Lynch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:22:53 -0800 (PST)

follow on to the Boeing presentation at the IAB Plenary:
http://www.vrvs.org/Announcements/Plane/VRVS_in_the_air.html

Lucy E. Lynch 				Academic User Services
Computing Center			University of Oregon
llynch  @darkwing.uoregon.edu		(541) 346-1774

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:37:50 +0100

Lucy,

congratulations, but "First intercontinental videoconference from the 
air"; hmm.
Some of us have done this before (using iChat, no less).

Gruesse, Carsten

---

From: "Marshall Eubanks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:01:14 -0500

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:22:53 -0800 (PST)
> llynch  @darkwing.uoregon.edu		(541) 346-1774

Apple did this a while ago - note that they didn't claim priority :

from June, 2004
http://www.apple.com/hotnews/articles/2004/06/ichat_at_35k/

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:03:42 +0100

Carsten Bormann wrote:

>  air"; hmm. Some of us have done this before (using iChat, no less).

Well, I've read my emails at 9.6kbps 2-3 years ago, even replied to
some, while above Atlantic.  I must not have been the first doing this
either...

What is the advertised bandwidth of the link between aircraft and the
rest?  Is it like 2Mbps?

Alex