Subject: Re: idea for spam protection

From: Bruce Lilly <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:22:20 -0500

>  Date: 2005-03-12 11:18
>  From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
 
> where's that Final Ultimate Solution to the Spam Problem scorecard?

You're probably thinking of
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/you-might-be.html

Or maybe
http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=98024&cid=8373855
versions also at
http://www.ahbl.org/funny/response1.php
and
http://lawgeek.typepad.com/lawgeek/2004/02/spamsolution_re.html

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Dave Singer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:29:40 -0800

>http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/you-might-be.html

great list.  but just because there is no final ultimate technical 
solution, doesn't mean that (a) governmental/legal solutions are 
viable or (b) that nothing can be done to ameliorate the situation.

the list conspicuously doesn't mention understanding the spam 
industry and particularly its money-flow.  this is kinda like trying 
to eradicate a disease without really understanding its biology or 
food-sources;  you might succeed, but it's probably more luck than 
science.  we 'merely' have to tip the tables so that spam is mostly 
unprofitable, after all (presuming that spammers are not in it for 
altruism).
-- 
David Singer
Apple Computer/QuickTime