Subject: RE: Why?

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 16:45:42 -0800

> Keith Moore wrote:
> and if one of your constraints is scalability and the other is
> deployability, you generally want to optimize for deployability
> first. that probably sounds like heresy. but it's easier to
> deploy first and make incremental modifications for scalability
> than it is to do the opposite.  well, okay, it might be _easier_
> to make the protocol scalable first and then deploy later, but
> that's only because you can keep refining an undeployed protocol
> forever without having to worry about impacting the installed base.
> HTTP is a mess, but it's successful because it was "optimized for
> deployability".

For once, I agree with Keith. Who would have believed this :-)

Michel.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf