Subject: RE: Comments on draft-ietf-newtrk-sd-00.txt

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 06:59:01 -0500

> In honor of our retiring chair and his talent with acronyms, the
> working draft has been changed to use "Directives for Oversight
> and Administration".  The editorial problems Bruce identified
> have been fixed.   :-)

There's an interesting acronym that can be derived from "Directives for
Oversight and Administration" -- DOA*.  I hope that's just an
unintentional coincidence!

-Scott-

* For those of you that might not be familiar with American expressions,
"DOA" is often used as the short form of "Dead On Arrival".

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 14:52:14 +0100

> "DOA" is often used as the short form of "Dead On Arrival".

Not unintentional at all - the other term I suggested splitting BCP into, 
"Recommended Internet Practices", abbreviates to "RIP" - or "Rest In 
Peace".....

cute acronyms is a longstanding IETF tradition (or BFD wouldn't be a 
working group) but I suspect it will mutate into a more boring one after a 
few more rounds :-)

Thanks for the accolade, John!

                          Harald