Subject: Correction to EDU Schedule for Sunday

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:01:30 -0500

To IETF meeting participants,

The HTML schedule for the Working Group Leadership class on the IETF 
website is mistaken, whereas the Text version is correct.  The class is 
a two hour session, not a 4 hour session. This will give people the 
chance to also attend either of the 1500-1700 sessions should they 
desire.

The Schedule for EDU sessions is as follows:

SUNDAY, March 6, 2005
1300-1400 Newcomer's Training  - Salon E
           An introduction to the IETF for new or recent IETF attendees.
           Covers the IETF document processes, the structure of the IETF,
           and tips for new attendees to be successful in the IETF 
environment.

1300-1500 Introduction to Working Group Leadership - Salon F
           This session is designed to help current and future
           Working Group/BOF chairs, and current and future Working
           Group document editors, understand the IETF process and
           what is expected from them. Both the formal requirements
           and the informal lessons learned from previous Working Group
           experience are covered. Part of the session is also
           devoted to how chairs and document authors can work together
           well to aid the entire process.

1500-1700 Routing, Bridging and Switching: A Tutorial - Salon G
           This session demystifies the conceptual issues in moving
           data across multiple hops. We give an overview of, and
           contrast the functionality of these technologies, including
           an overview of link state routing (used in OSPF and IS-IS),
           spanning tree (used in bridging and switching), distance 
vector
           (used in RIP), and path vector (used in BGP).

1500-1700 How to Write an RFC - Salon E
          This tutorial will provide an introduction for newcomers to the
          RFC series as well as a refresher for experienced RFC authors.
          It will review the most important editorial policies and 
formatting
          rules for RFCs. It will also provide a set of helpful hints to 
authors
          about content and format; following these hints will often 
improve
          the timeliness of RFC publication and the quality of the 
resulting
          documents. It will include a brief overview of the procedures 
for
          review and approval of RFCs, both IETF submissions and RFC 
Editor
          submissions, and there will be an opportunity to ask questions 
of
          RFC Editor staff.

thanks

Avri
Coordinator EDU team

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf