Subject: Re: draft filenames

From: Bruce Lilly <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:05:21 -0500

>  Date: 2005-03-09 13:23
>  From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>

> Reality check: there's a draft in last call about a proposed
> tool for submitting drafts. Specific comments on that draft
> would be very useful, possibly more so than tuning the ABNF
> for file names.

My general and specific comments on that draft are on record.

There is also a draft of an update to the 1id-guidelines
document which has considerable prose regarding draft
filenames, but no ABNF.  I'm somewhat ambivalent regarding
specification via ABNF (on the one hand, it would be
unnecessary if the rules were sufficiently simple (but
they seem to be headed toward increasing complexity); on
the other hand, ABNF could provide a concise and unambiguous
specification), but if we're going to use ABNF, let's at
least do it right.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf