Subject: "Getting the net off the ground"

From: Paul Vixie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 23:34:16 +0000

in <http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/click_online/4317521.stm> we see:

---

 Early attention to security issues might have given us a better
 internet today - or the project might never have taken off at all, says
 Robert Kahn.

 The net's co-inventor tells BBC Click Online how it all began, when, as
 an assistant professor of electrical engineering at MIT, he took a
 leave of absence to brush up on his networking theory. 

...

 ``I called the project 'internetting' ''

...

 Vint Cerf was another key player in the creation of the internet

...

 Robert Kahn was interviewed for the BBC's Click Online programme. 

 Click Online is broadcast on BBC News 24: Saturday at 0745, 2030, Sunday
 at 0430, 0645 and 1630, and on Monday at 0030. It is also shown on BBC
 Two: Saturday at 0745 and BBC One: Sunday at 0645. Also BBC World. 

---

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf