Subject: Kudo's for the audio streaming

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:15:54 +0100

This time I had to skip physical attendance of IETF62 for
personal/medical reasons. So I was pleased to see that ALL
meeting sessions were being audiocast.

I have followed several meetings.
Some were better than others in that some chairs were good in
telling people to use the microphones. Others were less good 
because people did NOT use the mircrophones all the time.
Best is if people also state their name... bit even if they
don't, one should at least speak into the mic so that the
comments/questions/presentations can be clearly heard.

I have also seriously participated in 3 meetings. For
those I had asked the WG chairs in advance to try and make
sure that the slides were available (either online or via email)
and that someone would watch the jabber chat room to at least
relay any comments/questions I might have. And that worked well.

So Thank You to the people who did make it work.

And for all WG chairs, pls try to understand what it means if
you are a remote participant. Pls do encourage speakers to submit
slides early so they can be made available to remote participants
(a secondary advantage is that you then also have them to submit
to the proceedings). Make sure people speak into the mic.
Also, the better you have prepared an agenda (with possibly direct
links to the presentations and documents), the better it helps
remote folk to participate.
And a jabber room to at least allow remote participants to send
comments/questions that can/should be relayed by one of the people
who are physically in the meeting. I have heard that a full scribe
would still be usefull, but for those who can actually listen in 
into the audio, that seems less needed (at least in my experience).

Thanks again,
Bert

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf