Subject: Call for nominations: IAOC positions selected by the IESG and IAB (fwd)

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 13:48:57 +0100

Just in case someone missed it.... this is another thing we'll be following 
up with people about in Minneapolis.

Nominations of sensible people appreciated - y'all together know FAR more 
people than we do!

               harald

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: 23. februar 2005 05:41 -0500
From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>
Subject: Call for nominations: IAOC positions selected by the IESG and IAB

The IESG and the IAB are making a call for volunteers for the IETF
Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), as described in the
approved BCP (draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-07).

The IESG and the IAB are working based on the process in
draft-iab-iesg-iaoc-selection; this is a new process, so we'll adjust
it as we go along.

The IESG will select one person for one year, ending in spring 2006.
The IAB will select one person for two years.
In later years, the IESG and the IAB will select people for two-year
terms in alternate years.)

Candidates for these IAOC positions should have knowledge of the
IETF, knowledge of contracts and financial procedures, and
familiarity with the administrative support needs of the IAB, the
IESG, and the IETF standards process

The candidates are also expected to be able to understand the
respective roles and responsibilities of the IETF and ISOC in this
activity, and be able to articulate these roles within the IETF
community.

The candidates will also be expected to exercise all the duties of an
IAOC member, and to be prepared to undertake any associated
responsibilities, including the setting of administrative support
policies, oversight of the administrative operations of the IETF,
representing the interests of the IETF to the IAOC, and be able to
undertake full participation in all Committee meetings and Committee
activities. Therefore, demonstrated experience in management,
especially with budget authority, executive duties, or board-level
fiduciary responsibility is desirable.

If you are interested in one of these positions, or know of someone
who may be a good fit for this position, please send the name and
email address to <[email-masked]>.

The IESG/IAB will respond with a questionnaire, asking for the candidates'
qualifications and willingness to serve, and whether they want to be
considered for the one-year position, the two-year position, or both.

The names of all people who declare themselves willing to serve will
be made public after the end of the solicitation period (March 14).

The IESG and IAB both expect to make a decision on or before April 4.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf