Subject: OT: New software mag (free download)

From: "Jeffrey Race" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 10:50:25 +0700

>From another list.

While aimed at open-source users and developers, this new magazine 
publishes some  very interesting articles of general interest to all computer
users.

Original post:
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

Tony Mobily, along with a few amazing hackers and lay people, have 
started a new magazine called "Free Software Magazine".
Here is the URL: http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com.

The great thing about this magazine is that all of the articles are 
released under a free license six weeks after publication. They count 
on making money on paper and PDF subscribers, who get the magazine 
before anybody else does. So far their plan seems to be working (110 
subscribers in the first month), but they definitely need a lot more 
than that to even break even.

The magazine is half-technical - quite literally! The first half of the 
magazine contains technical articles, while the second half 
concentrates on the ethics, legalities and philosophies of free 
software and its use. Each issue also has a "focus", with several 
articles covering a particular area in greater depth.

The magazine is $4.95 per issue (monthly), and you can also get six 
monthly and yearly subscriptions at lower rates.
If you want to write for Free Software Magazine, please let us know. We 
are also offering free advertising for free software projects.

Bye,

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks!

Tony Mobily
Editor-In-Chief
Free Software Magazine http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf