Subject: RE: Voting (again)

From: "Fleischman, Eric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:14:46 -0700

>Perhaps the IETF traditional motto, "rough consensus and 
>working code" should be revised to make it clear that the 
>"rough consensus" goes only up to a certain point, but 
>after that point the IETF operates solely by a decree from 
>the IESG.

Is there still an appeal process on the books by which a WG can
challenge an IESG AD decision/direction by appealing to the IAB?

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:57:20 +0200

> challenge an IESG AD decision/direction by appealing to the IAB?

Yes, and of course the process for recalling IESG or IAB members
is still available.

   Brian