Subject: IMS, IM-SSF

From: "Nuno Novo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:42:17 +0100

In the IMS network when the Called party, after speaking  with the Caller
for a while, sends a BYE request there is a possibility for reconnecting the
Caller to another called party  (reconnect). The Caller is putted in a state
of standby but is not disconnected.

Caller --------------------------> Called party
1----------------------------> Called party 2

The question is the following, when the second called party is contacted we
need to connect the Caller to this new Called party, so how this is made? Is
the Caller informed of the address of the new called party by a SIP UPDATE?
Or this process is made in the MRCP that judges this call as a conference
call?

Regards, 

                      Nuno Novo

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:14:31 -0400

Questions on IMS should probably be directed towards 3gpp mailers, since 
that it is where it is being standardized. For SIP questions, you should 
direct your queries to [email-masked], which is where 
general implementation help and Q&A takes place. For issues related to 
sip protocol design, please direct those to the sip list here at IETF, 
[email-masked].

To answer your question, I think you are perhaps talking about a call 
transfer. That is accomplished by sending a REFER request from the 
caller to the called party to transfer them.

-Jonathan R.

Nuno Novo wrote:

> In the IMS network when the Called party, after speaking  with the 
> Caller for a while, sends a BYE request there is a possibility for 
> reconnecting the Caller to another called party  (reconnect). The Caller 
> is putted in a state of standby but is not disconnected.
> 
>  
> 
> Caller ------------------------à Called party 
> 1--------------------------à Called party 2
> 
>  
> 
> The question is the following, when the second called party is contacted 
> we need to connect the Caller to this new Called party, so how this is 
> made? Is the Caller informed of the address of the new called party by a 
> SIP UPDATE? Or this process is made in the MRCP that judges this call as 
> a conference call?
> 
>  
> 
> Regards, 
> 
>                       Nuno Novo
> 
>  
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Director, Service Provider VoIP Architecture   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com