Subject: ITF63, visa information - last word

From: Gene Gaines <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:14:41 -0400

To answer the question of a visa requirement to attend IETF63 in
France -- for citizens of all countries.

According to your nationality, the country where you reside, and
the duration and purpose of your stay in France, a visa may be
required before departure.

Citizens of most countries do not need a visa. Examples of where
a visa is not needed for IETF63 include: citizens of the EU,
USA, Canada, Mexico.

You should have a current passport; carry with you something,
for example a business card or letters, that identifies your
employer and that you are a professional; and information about
where you will be staying. France does not require you to carry
a formal letter of invitation from the organizing body.

The French government provides a web page that definitively
will tell you if you require a visa.

Go to: www.diplomatie.fr/venir/visas/

Select your language preference - English, French, Spanish.

1. In list at left, select the country you reside in.

2. In list at right, select the nationality of your passport.

3. Below, select "short term (up to 3 months)".

4. Select purpose of your stay as "Professional" and "Business trip".

5. Press Submit.

6. A new page will tell you need or do not need a visa.

If a visa is needed, that page will have a link to a visa
application form, detailed instructions for documentation
required with the application, and a link to locations to apply
for the visa. To obtain the visa, you may require a letter of
invitation, see www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-63.html.

An exception.  If your passport identifies you as a government
official, you are required to obtain a visa.

Hope this helps.

Gene Gaines

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Marshall Eubanks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:50:27 -0400

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:14:41 -0400
> official, you are required to obtain a visa.

Note that (as I remember well from when I carried a "red" US passport)
this applies to holders of US Government passports if they plan to travel
under them. And (unless the regs have changed in the last 5 years), if they're on
official business, such holders should travel under their Government passports.

> Gene Gaines

Regards
Marshall Eubanks