Subject: History...?

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:23:31 -0700 (PDT)

I just came across a 1993 mailing list for the ietf.  Anyone care,
before I delete it?

Bob Braden

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Lucy E. Lynch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:51:14 -0700 (PDT)

Bob -

We care, or at least I do. The IAOC has been discussing archival
storage as part of the on-going needs of the IETF.

If you need a quick place to stash something, let me know and I'll
store stuff here at the UO until we have a long term solution in
place.

Lucy E. Lynch 				Academic User Services
Computing Center			University of Oregon
llynch  @darkwing.uoregon.edu		(541) 346-1774

---

From: Greg Skinner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:18:26 +0000

> I just came across a 1993 mailing list for the ietf.  Anyone care,

Is ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf-mail-archive/ietf considered to be the
definitive archive for the IETF discussion list?  According to the
names of the archive files, there is one for every month of the year
1993.  However, I don't know if every message is there.  (BTW, I think
it would be great if the missing archives from the start of the IETF
through 1992 could be located and made publicly available.)

--gregbo

---

From: shogunx <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:04:04 -0400 (EDT)

> through 1992 could be located and made publicly available.)

Trawling of the mail spools of VAX's still running since then maybe?

Scott

> --gregbo

sleekfreak pirate broadcast
http://sleekfreak.ath.cx:81/

---

From: "Tom Petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:14:08 +0200

Yes, I care; 'before my time' in IETF terms but something I would like to
understand better.

What size are you talking about?
Tom Petch