Subject: Conflicts with "0-" header?

From: "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:33:58 +0200

For another SDO I need a generalised multilingual name format (not the same 
nature than an IRI or a tag) and - if possible - I wish it not to conflict 
or to confuse with an existing IETF protocol, identification, naming, 
tagging systems, etc. format.

The need is for a simple universal header helping to filter out strings not 
participating to the format. It needs to use decimal 
and   computational  characters which are universally supported, even when 
localised.

I plan to use "0-" and to reserve "1-" to "9-" for further use for similar 
or other needs. This should neither confuse with URI, tag URI, language 
tags (RFC 3066  - currently always starts with an alpha), DNS (the name 
starts after the introductory sequence). Does anyone would think of a 
possibile a conflict (aside the WG-ltru where the issue has been 
investigated): one cannot ask search engines about "0-".

Thank you for your help.
jfc

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf