Subject: RE: Keeping this IETF's schedule in the future...?

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 11:17:34 -0700

> Behalf Of Samuel Weiler

> Not being a caffeine user, I hadn't noticed this one.  But 
> I've found the lack of water and the flow controls on it disturbing.
> 
> At 16:43 today, 13 minutes into the break, I could not find 
> water in the break area at all.  They seemed to have found 
> some a few minutes later, but I'm wondering why we don't have 
> water, even just tap water, available continuously.

When I used to live near Geneva I went off to a local restaurant where
they were horrified by my demand for tap water rather than paying for
bottled water.

The restaurant was in a small town called Evian and yes the local supply
does come from essentially the same source as the bottled stuff.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 01:46:23 +0200

In a restaurant don't say "tap water" say "carafe d'eau" or "eau plate" 
("flat water"). It should work.
jfc

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 13:37:02 +0200

> ("flat water"). It should work.

Oh, I found the waiters suddenly became deaf to my French at that point
in the ordering process. It's a common phenomenon in Europe, but seemed
especially strong around the Palais des Congrès.

The one who clearly understood me, in the Latin Quarter, unfortunately
then forgot to bring it...

     Brian