Subject: RE: IETF 63 On-line Survey

From: "Nelson, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:56:04 -0400

James M. Polk writes...

> Few people talk during sessions, and those that do, know to sit where
they
> can readily get to a mic to make a point.

Yes, but sometimes there's a choice to be made between sitting where
there is easy access to a mic and sitting where there are open power
strip outlets.  :-)

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:04:19 -0500

> there is easy access to a mic and sitting where there are open power

Not to reveal ALL the secrets, but I've had excellent experience asking 
the chairs if I can plug into their power strips *while I take minutes*, 
  and I've had excellent experience asking to be inserted into the mike 
line *so I can continue to take minutes in the meanwhile* - and 
sometimes this includes using the closest mike, where the chairs are 
sitting.

Your mileage may vary, of course...

Spencer