Subject: Re: Last Call: 'Linklocal Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR)' to Proposed Standard

From: Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 18:52:28 -0700

>I don't see anything in RFC 2026 criteria that hinges on whether
>Microsoft intends to implement a protocol.

Is doesn't have to be Microsoft.

Is there *anyone* out there who has implemented this, or plans to?

Or am I just being old-fashioned in thinking that the idea behind a 
protocol specified in an RFC is that someone somewhere might implement it?

Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
 * Wizard Without Portfolio, Apple Computer, Inc.
 * www.stuartcheshire.org

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 00:04:16 -0400

Hi Stuart,

Although implementaitons are not strictly required for Proposed 
Standard publication, I do think that it is interesting to know 
whether people have implemented, or intend to implement our standards.

I have received a couple of private confirmations that LLMNR is 
implemented in WinCE 5.0.  I have also been told that it has been 
implemented by ETRI, as documented in the following paper:

http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~jjeong/publications/international-conference/icact2004-jaehoon.pdf

Margaret