Subject: IETF 63 Streaming officially begins (Status of audio streaming for IETF 63)

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 02:19:10 -0700 (PDT)

The new streaming effort continues for IETF 63. All eight parallel tracks as 
well as the plenaries are being covered. It is our hope that this effort 
will continue to provide useful timely and accessible access to the proceedings of 
the IETF as they happen. As per the schedule, at 0900 channels 1-5 will be 
occupied.

There are two late additions to the service:

  	France telecom is providing 1.5Mb/s mpeg-1 multicast sources for the
  	Havane and Bordeaux meeting rooms. See the webpage for additional
  	information.

  	A local (at the IETF) audio streaming server has been provided for the
  	convenience of IETF attendees who wish to monitor other rooms. The
  	webpage now includes a link to the local playlist. listeners in
  	western and eastern europe my try the local server to see if it
  	offers better performance than the server located at the
  	University of Oregon

An internet draft (revised since IETF 62) describing what the project intends 
to accomplish, and the efforts up to this point is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaeggli-ietftv-ng-01.txt

Streams are to be delivered as 64Kb/s unicast-http-streamed mp3 audio, a 
popular and relativly standard way to deliver internet radio. Most platforms 
should have a client immediatly available (windows media player, quicktime, 
real, winamp, vlc, mplayer, zinf, etc) capable of playing back the stream.

Streaming begins at 0730 CEST (UTC/GMT +2), August 1, 2005.

Visit the streaming webpage for additional information, access to the streams, 
updated broadcast schedule and links to the archived media as they appear.

http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf63.html

regards
joelja

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       [email-masked]
GPG Key Fingerprint:     5C6E 0104 BAF0 40B0 5BD3 C38B F000 35AB B67F 56B2

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf