Subject: Coach class

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 10:10:03 +0200

Now that the two previous main concerns about the Paris IETF are  
under control (nobody has died from the heat yet and the pocket loss  
rate is at the expected levels), I have a real problem that is  
actually hindering the work:

Coach class.

Opening the laptop in the seat arrangement provided means impinging  
on the back of the person in front.
(The metal chair backs with their tendency to scratch the laptop's  
back don't help either.)

I know the room capacity (which already seems to be marginal) has  
been calculated based on the coach class seat spacing, but it would  
be useful to have at least some laptop-compatible seats in the room.

Gruesse, Carsten

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 06:14:16 -0400

In message <[email-masked]>, Carsten Bormann writ
>on the back of the person in front.

And some IETFers have sufficiently long hair that it drapes onto the 
screen of people sitting behind them...

		--Steven M. Bellovin, http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

---

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 11:29:26 +0100

> screen of people sitting behind them...

Well, if you were able to get scissors in your luggage, I'm sure they 
wouldn't feel a thing if you snipped it off...

-- 
Tim/::1

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 11:33:31 +0100

> screen of people sitting behind them...

I note that Ron Bonica has had his cut for this very reason

---

From: Sandy Wills <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 09:15:59 -0400

> I note that Ron Bonica has had his cut for this very reason

Ask him if he noticed it, when it happened.

-- 
Unable to locate coffee.
Operator halted.