Subject: Re: Quality/Quantity of NOMCOM candidates

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 03:13:09 -0600

On Jul 28, 2005, at 7:53 AM, Eliot Lear wrote:
>
>  - number of candidates who were nominated for each area (not by name)
>    and for the IAB
>  - number who agreed to serve (per area and for the IAB)
>  - number of those who made the short list per area and for the IAB

Eliot et al.,
Apologies for the slow response..

Here are some statistics from the 2004/05 NomCom, hopefully
sufficiently anonymized such as to not reveal anything some might
consider questionable (and fuss at me about).  Note that the
IESG includes IETF Chair/General Area and all the AD positions.
Note also that the results are likely skewed somewhat based
on the willingness of the incumbent to serve an additional term,
and in particular, how open they were about letting the IETF
community know this.

Overall we were very happy with the quality of the candidates
for all positions.  Although it may not seem intuitive, the
positions that had a small number of nominees tended to
have a very strong incumbent, or a very viable nominee pool
- albeit smaller than one might suspect., but high quality.

Given the pool size for willing nominees, it's also obvious that
folks presume the IAB is either less work, red dots are sexier,
or they're genuinely more interested in IABish activities - I'll let
you decide :-)

Finally, a large portion of all IAOC nominees seem to have
in the past/currently been in some way involved with IASA/
IAOCish activities, this could be perceived as either a good
thing or a bad thing...

IESG (not in any particular order)
----
Position 1: 9 nominees, 3 willing, 3 short list
Position 2: 12 nominees, 7 willing, 3 short list
Position 3: 8 nominees, 2 willing, 2 short list
Position 4: 7 nominees, 2 willing, 2 short list
Position 5: 12 nominees, 6 willing, 2 short list
Position 6: 29 nominees, 11 willing, 6 short list
Position 7: 35 nominees, 11 willing, 6 short list

IAB
---
80 nominees, 53 willing, 34 short list, 8 short short list, 6 selected

IAOC
----
11 nominees, 6 willing, 2 selected (1-2yr/1-1yr)

Hope this helps!

-danny

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf