Subject: Completely out of scope: Restaurant reccomendation

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 10:27:43 +0200

Yesterday I had a very nice salad in this slightly overpriced  
restaurant down the road from the IETF venue. Its a Brasserie  
specialized in Fruit de Mere.

I ordered Salade Italienne. Very nice indeed, until I hit a bug,  
covered in olive oil, that was enjoying the salad too. I am not a  
specialist in insects but I know cockroaches come in many different  
shapes and forms. The small animal covered in oil could have been a  
baby cockroach.

I signaled the waiter and after several "Oh-la-la's" he offered me a  
new salad. I lost my appetite so I refused. So far nothing to  
complain about. But then came the bill. I was charged. Then I  
specifically asked if something could be done about that. And to be  
honest I'd settled for anything symbolic, free wine, free desert,  
espresso, anything. But the waiter could not be convinced.

Hence my recommendation. Do not go to:
       Le Ternes Pereire
       84, Avenue de Ternes
       75017 Paris

Actually pass by, look at the menu, and if the waiter tries to  
convince you to come in just mention the cockroach in the salad.

http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/kunkel/cockroach.html

--Olaf

PS. Somebody suggested that it would be nice to have a meeting Wiki  
for recommendations on restaurants, stories about pickpockets, and  
other non process and non technical cruft.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Clint Chaplin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 02:13:35 -0700

So, who is going to volunteer to set up said wiki?  I'm not
technically proficient....

-- 
Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin
Wireless Security Technologist
Wireless Standards Manager

---

From: Will McAfee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 09:23:40 -0400

> other non process and non technical cruft.
You should have refused to pay citing health concerns, and thretened
to report the restaurant.  Exactly what kind of conditions does the
kitchen have that a baby cockroach would make it into the salad?  And
further, why would it be common enough that they would have to charge
for these salads, or not be profitable?

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 19:44:29 +0200

Sounds like something the Tools Team could provide.  Should I set up
one?

	Henrik

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:38:32 +0200

> Exactly what kind of conditions does the
> kitchen have that a baby cockroach would make it into the salad?  

I am really confused by this thread.

The restaurant provided a special version of the dish, with an added 
ingredient and extra nutrients, and did not charge EXTRA???

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 08:03:11 +0200

I've received about 10 positive and 1 negative comments to the idea
of the tools team providing a meeting Wiki.

Accordingly, a Wiki is now available from the prototype tools menu
at the top left of http://tools.ietf.org/ .

Welcome to fill it with content!

	Henrik