Subject: work on diagnostics

From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 18:56:42 +0200 (CEST)

Re the plenary thread now on user experience, and the apparently related 
topic of diagnostics, folks might be interested in some R&D done in 
Internet2 on "end-to-end diagnostics":

   http://middleware.internet2.edu/e2ed/

NSF funded this work because of the observation that many of the programs 
they fund develop and deploy network-dependent distributed applications, 
which typically end up being hard to diagnose, ultimately affecting the 
science and the scientists.  I have to say the experience of the folks 
doing this work was that despite everyone appreciating the importance of 
the topic, it's hard to get anyone (users or developers) very interested 
in diagnostics ... so if anyone wants to follow up with them I'm sure 
they'd appreciate it.

  - RL "Bob"

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf