Subject: Network update

From: Morgan Sackett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:04:36 +0100

All,

Some of you have noticed trouble connecting to certain sites.  This  
was an issue caused this morning by an attempt to improve  
reachability to R&E networks that are not multi-homed with a  
commodity link.  Our attempts at implementing the improvements didn't  
work.  Routing policies have been rolled back to the previous  
configuration and connectivity to all commodity Internet sites have  
been restored.

We would have done this earlier in the weekend, but due to cultural  
differences we needed for upstream network staff to become  
available.  Network operations will continue to find a solution  
throughout the day in a way that will not impact the network.  If we  
feel that we have a workable solution we will attempt to implement in  
the early hours before the meeting tomorrow morning.

Morgan

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Jeroen Massar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:36:38 +0000

Morgan Sackett wrote:
> All,
> 
> Some of you have noticed trouble connecting to certain sites.  This was
> an issue caused this morning by an attempt to improve reachability to
> R&E networks that are not multi-homed with a commodity link.  Our
> attempts at implementing the improvements didn't work.  Routing policies
> have been rolled back to the previous configuration and connectivity to
> all commodity Internet sites have been restored.
> 
> differences we needed for upstream network staff to become available. 
> Network operations will continue to find a solution throughout the day
> in a way that will not impact the network.  If we feel that we have a
> workable solution we will attempt to implement in the early hours before
> the meeting tomorrow morning.

Silly question maybe, but exactly WHICH network are you exactly talking
about?

Assuming that it is IETF related, is it the network(s) where the various
servers (www1,2,3) are hosted (which are run by NeuStar) or is it the
Meeting network, or is it some other network?

Note, that you send a message with only 'network update' to the generic
world-wide [email-masked] list. Some people are not where you are.

Greets,
 Jeroen