Subject: Secretariat RFI Announcement

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:28:37 -0500

The IETF Administrative Support Activity intends to fundamentally review 
the support structure for IETF's standards development process, 
including possible new operational models, with a view towards improving 
operational efficiency, support and management.

To that end, the IASA is exploring options for Contractor performance of 
the IETF Secretariat function and seeks:
(1) Comments and suggestions on the Secretariat function, practices and 
structure from any party, and
(2) Expressions of interest in a Secretariat contract award from 
qualified vendors.

The IASA plans to issue one or more RFPs during 2007 or 2008, leading to 
one or more 3 year contracts in 2008 or 2009.

Contract schedule would have an RFP issued in July of 2007 or 2008; 
responses due in August; contract negotiations in September; contract 
award in October; a transition in November and December; and contract 
commencement in January 2008 or 2009.

The Internet Engineering Task Force exists to "make the Internet work 
better." Its mission is to produce high quality technical and 
engineering documents that influence the way people design, use, and 
manage the Internet in such a way as to make the Internet work better.  
These documents include protocol standards, best current practices, and 
informational documents of various kinds.

The secretariat services, including IT support and meeting management, 
as well as support of the drafting and approval process for engineering 
documents, must be implemented in a way compatible with the IETF's open 
volunteer process, remote participation by individuals, and the formal 
rules and established practice.

The RFI can be found at: http://iaoc.ietf.org/307.html

Responses are due no later than April 16, 2007 to [email-masked].

All information submitted in response to this announcement is voluntary 
and may be used in the development of an RFP.

Questions about this RFI can be addressed to:  [email-masked]. All 
questions and answers will be posted on the aforementioned website.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf