Subject: IETF 71 Venue and Host Announcement

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 17:12:53 -0500

The IETF is pleased to announce its selection of Philadelphia, 
Pennsylvania, USA as the site of IETF 71 being held March 9th through 
the14th in 2008.  Philadelphia claims to be "America's Birthplace" as 
the location where the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution 
were drafted. It is also home to the Liberty Bell, Ben Franklin's 
residence and our Host.

We are especially pleased that Comcast will be the Host *and* the 
Welcome Reception Sponsor for IETF 71. 

"Comcast is very excited to host IETF 71, and particularly to host it in 
Philadelphia, where our company's headquarters are located.  The IETF 
leads work on the open standards on which the Internet is based and 
which have accelerated the growth and innovation in data 
communications.  We're pleased to be able to support the IETF," said 
John Schanz, Executive Vice President, National Engineering and 
Technical Operations, from Comcast Cable.

The meeting will take place at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown which 
is located in the heart of Center City within 8 blocks of Independence 
Hall and the Liberty Bell, and 9 miles from the Philadelphia 
International Airport.

Philadelphia is a year away, but in 2 weeks we are looking forward to 
seeing you in Prague.  Have you registered? Early Bird registration with 
its $600 registration fee expires March 9th! If you have not registered, 
delay no longer! http://www3.ietf.org/meetings/68-IETF.html

You may also want to look at the 68Commons Wiki for Meeting, Travel and 
Prague information - http://community.ietf.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page.

Thanks Comcast and we'll see you in Prague!

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

Links of Interest:

Comcast - http://www.comcast.com/
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown - 
http://marriott.com/hotels/travel/phldt-philadelphia-marriott-downtown/   
[Make sure to mention IETF when you register]
Philadelphia - http://www.gophila.com/

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf