Subject: RFC Editor RFP update

From: Lucy Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:29:11 -0700 (PDT)

All

The IAOC believes it is very close to agreement with USC on a two year RFC 
Editor services contract. Agreement should be reached by the end of the 
current contract extension date (March 31st).  The IAOC has informed the 
two other bidders and asked them to consider re-bidding when the next RFP 
process cycles through. Should we fail to reach a signed contract with our 
current preferred bidder, we will be re-opening the RPF process.

This process has taken longer than expected, mostly due to issues 
involving IPR and the older RFCs. We continue to believe that agreement 
with USC is in the best interests of the IETF at this time. In future 
however, we may find there are advantages to a split of the RFC Editor and 
RFC Publisher functions.  Over the coming months we look forward to 
participating in an IAB-led discussion of potential new models and in 
14-16 months will will RFP(s) for the model as adopted by the community.

For additional information on publication related issues see:

 	www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4714.txt
 	www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-publication-00.txt
 	www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-rfc-independent-00.txt

The IAOC will keep you informed of the contract negotiations.

Lucy Lynch
IAOC Chair

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf