Subject: www.ietf.org over IPv6

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:48:21 +0200

Anyone else having problems reaching www.ietf.org over IPv6?

For me, a traceroute dies in the Tiscali network, apparently around  
Washington.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 10:06:12 +0200

It works for me:

traceroute6 to www.ietf.org (2610:a0:c779:b::d1ad:35b4) from
2001:7f9:2000:100:219:e3ff:fe00:3439, 30 hops max, 12 byte packets
 1  2001:7f9:2000:100:200:1cff:feb5:c535  1.313 ms *  1.037 ms
 2  2001:7f9:2000:1:1::1  80.563 ms  63.515 ms  87.144 ms
 3  19.ip-0-1-0.cr1.lhr1.uk.occaid.net  126.778 ms  133.291 ms  115.961 ms
 4  ge-0-2-0.cr1.iad1.us.occaid.net  211.457 ms  186.611 ms  197.382 ms
 5  unassigned.in6.twdx.net  217.182 ms  201.517 ms  218.896 ms
 6  stsc350a-eth3c0.va.neustar.com  222.996 ms  205.81 ms  270.36 ms
 7  www.ietf.org  201.815 ms  257.128 ms  218.99 ms

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
> Responder a: <[email-masked]>
> Fecha: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:48:21 +0200
> Para: "[email-masked] Discussion" <[email-masked]>
> Asunto: www.ietf.org over IPv6
> 

**********************************************
The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !
http://www.ipv6day.org

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 11:07:15 +0300

Iljitsch,

> For me, a traceroute dies in the Tiscali network, apparently around

It works for me at this moment at least (I tested both
ping and browsing).

Jari

---

From: Michael Tuexen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 12:00:46 +0200

Result from a node in Germany:

traceroute6 to www.ietf.org (2610:a0:c779:b::d1ad:35b4) from  
2002:508f:ffec::217:f2ff:fec4:7979, 30 hops max, 12 byte packets
1  2002:508f:ffec::216:cbff:fec3:6b1a  0.804 ms  0.481 ms  0.432 ms
2  * 2002:5042:8003::1  70.834 ms *
3  2001:440:eeee:ffe4::2  249.506 ms  164.972 ms  162.975 ms
4  so-1-1-2.dus11.ip6.tiscali.net  164.79 ms  163.547 ms  164.418 ms
5  so-0-1-0.fra40.ip6.tiscali.net  165.011 ms  162.802 ms  162.836 ms
6  so-0-1-1.fra10.ip6.tiscali.net  162.973 ms  165.329 ms  
so-2-1-0.fra10.ip6.tiscali.net  162.993 ms
7  so-0-0-0.par77.ip6.tiscali.net  163.504 ms  164.756 ms  162.042 ms
8  so-4-0-0.par22.ip6.tiscali.net  164.441 ms  161.103 ms  
so-5-0-0.par22.ip6.tiscali.net  163.466 ms
9  so-2-0-0.was10.ip6.tiscali.net  164.578 ms  164.37 ms  164.715 ms
10  equi6ix-ash.ipv6.us.occaid.net  161.72 ms  172.445 ms  163.237 ms
11  unassigned.in6.twdx.net  172.994 ms  174.162 ms  173.657 ms
12  * * *
13  www.ietf.org  171.262 ms  172.037 ms  171.09 ms

Best regards
Michael

---

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 09:52:06 -0700

I tested ping, trace route and browsing over Teredo... and it work!

	C:\Users\huitema>tracert /6 www.ietf.org

	Tracing route to www.ietf.org [2610:a0:c779:b::d1ad:35b4]
	over a maximum of 30 hops:

	  1   153 ms    82 ms    83 ms  iad0-stf.hotnic.net
[2001:4810:0:100::3]
	  2    84 ms    83 ms    84 ms  iad0-b1-ge0.hotnic.net
[2001:4810:0:100::2]
	  3    85 ms    85 ms    87 ms  equinix6-was.ip.tiscali.net
[2001:504:0:2::3257:
	1]
	  4    97 ms    85 ms    84 ms  equi6ix-ash.ipv6.us.occaid.net
[2001:504:0:2:0:3
	:71:1]
	  5    92 ms    92 ms    90 ms  unassigned.in6.twdx.net
[2001:4830:e6:d::2]
	  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
	  7    91 ms    89 ms    88 ms  www.ietf.ORG
[2610:a0:c779:b::d1ad:35b4]

	Trace complete.

-- Christian Huitema

---

From: Jeroen Massar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 18:06:55 +0100

> I tested ping, trace route and browsing over Teredo... and it work!

But that is more luck than anything else as the upstream 'transit' for
Neustar is missing 78 prefixes.

See http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/dfp/all/?missing=30071 for more
details of folks who can't reach the IETF website because of that.

Greets,
 Jeroen