Subject: Re: chicago IETF IPv6 connectivity

From: Jeroen Massar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:58:59 +0100

[bcc'd someone from Verilan who can most likely comment on this :) ]

Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
> 	i'm wondering about IPv6 connectivity at chicago IETF69.  if any
> 	of you have hints about it, please drop me a note.  if there's no
> 	plan for IPv6, i'd be more than happy to help out, as always.

It seems that VeriLAN (http://www.verilan.com) is taking on the NOC role
again, they did, from what I understood, a great job in Prague*. A
search using their own search toy for "IPv6" didn't result in any hits
though and google doesn't seem to know about it either.

In the possible case that no IPv6 (native) connectivity can be arranged,
there is a SixXS PoP in Chicago, courtesy of OCCAID, this box is up and
running and can easily provide a fast stable tunnel + /48 to the site if
needed. Just yell in case help there is needed.

Greets,
 Jeroen

* = http://tools.ietf.org/group/iaoc/wiki/VeriLAN

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Jim Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 19:58:11 -0400

Have no fear, the Chicago network will have IPv6 connectivity (as we  
always have). It's likely to be natively routed out through I2,  
though the kind offer of a tunnel will be held in reserve, should we  
have a problem with that. :-)

	- Jim

---

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:49:41 -0700

Jim,

> 	Have no fear, the Chicago network will have IPv6 connectivity (as  
> we always have). It's likely to be natively routed out through I2,  
> though the kind offer of a tunnel will be held in reserve, should  
> we have a problem with that. :-)

Good to hear!  Many kudos to the folks putting together the IETF  
network.

Maybe we are getting to the point in time where we should only have  
IPv6 at IETF meetings or it that's premature run IPv4 behind a couple  
of layers of NAT.

Bob

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 19:38:26 -0700

Bob Hinden wrote:
> Maybe we are getting to the point in time where we should only have IPv6 
> at IETF meetings or it that's premature run IPv4 behind a couple of 
> layers of NAT.

On the theory that the ietf meeting net is for production services, wouldn't 
it make sense to have the time to cut over to pure ipv6 be when production use 
of ipv4 becomes minimal?

No?

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 22:56:59 -0400

On Jun 30, 2007, at 9:49 PM, Bob Hinden wrote:

> IPv6 at IETF meetings

good luck. Until the ISPs and our corporate networks deploy it, we  
can't go there.