Subject: Re: Our deadlines are dizzyingly complex and confusing

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:51:13 -0500 (EST)

> From: Lakshminath Dondeti <[email-masked]>

    > Just in case you are not familiar with AOE, it stands for Anywhere on
    > Earth (See http://www.ieee802.org/16/aoe.html)

Cool concept: "the deadline [time] has not passed if, anywhere on earth, the
deadline date has not yet passed." I like it.

	Noel

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Spencer Dawkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 23:24:45 -0600

And, just to keep Henrik sane, it looks like 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_time_zones#UTC.E2.88.9212.2C_Y should 
be a real time zone that calendaring systems could understand (as opposed to 
"AOE") - did I get this right?

Spencer

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:45:39 +0200

Noel,

> deadline date has not yet passed." I like it.

I like it too, its very simple to use.

However, somehow I suspect that everyone is going to calculate exactly
what it means on their timezone and work until the last minute :-) So,
very similar to using any other timezone in practice...

But I'm all for setting the times to be the same for the different
deadlines.

Jari