Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-korhonen-mip6-service (Service Selection for Mobile IPv6) to Informational RFC

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 13:21:04 +1300

I noticed while reviewing this for the Gen-ART team that this
proposal specifically allows for the creation of walled gardens
in mobile service provision. That's something an IAB workshop
warned about some years ago (RFC 3002 section 4.2).

The draft makes it clear that the default service should be
generic Internet access, although it adds that
  "There is no absolute requirement that this default
   service be allowed to all subscribers, but it is highly
   RECOMMENDED in order to avoid having normal subscribers employ
   operator-specific configuration values in order to get basic
   service."

Is there a deeper issue than just the technical merit of this draft?

(Gen-ART thread, also covering some detailed comments, started at
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gen-art/current/msg02389.html)

    Brian

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf