Subject: Reject the "experimental" TLS authorization proposal

From: "Ben Caplan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 19:14:38 -0600

A proposal for the TLS authorization standard from RedPhone Security,
for which RPS has applied for a patent, has already been rejected for
official standardization. However, RPS is now trying to circumvent the
(very well-advised) standing no-patent policy by submitting is for
consideration as an "experimental" proposal. If accepted, the
patent-tainted standard would likely become official in all but name,
since it would be distributed under the IETF stamp. This would violate
the intent of the no-patent rule, and would ultimately detriment
everyone affected by the standard.
Please reject this bad-faith proposal and support open, patent-free
standardization.

Thank you.

Benjamin Caplan

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf