Subject: Re: Westin Bayshore throwing us out

From: Matt Lepinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:18:25 -0500

As someone else who made reservations in early September and was told 
today that they are canceling my reservation, I would be very interested 
to know how many people have been affected by this last minute change.

Although I am perhaps more comfortable than Yaakov with walking outdoors 
in sub-freezing temperatures, I made my reservations at the Bayshore to 
ensure that early-morning (or late-night) travel would not be required. 
Furthermore, I am generally quite unhappy with having my confirmed 
reservation revoked with only 5 days notice; especially when the reason 
for revocation is 'renovations', an event that can hardly be considered 
unforeseeable.

I will be certainly be writing letters to the Bayshore and their parent 
company to express my displeasure, and I hope that the IETF will 
remember this week's events the next time it considers holding a meeting 
at a Starwood Hotel.

- Matt Lepinski

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Yaakov Stein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 06:19:37 +0200

> remember this week's events the next time it considers holding a meeting

and while we are at it...
 
We will need cloak room service 
(at least for those who require a heavy coat to walk 5 blocks in freezing temperatures).
It assume that the Westin will waive the charge this service usually entails.
 
Y(J)S