Subject: Re: Westin Bayshore throwing us out

From: Sam Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:25:26 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Ray Pelletier wrote:

> I am told we are the only guests at the Westin.

That would be surprising.

The Westin Bayshore advertises 511 guest rooms (320 in the main 
building and 191 in the tower) [1].  According to the IETF hotel page, 
our block was only 425 rooms [2].

Assuming they are kicking 50 of us out, that's quite a few rooms under 
renovation or otherwise unaccounted for.  (511-375 = 136 missing 
rooms)  Hopefully they'll at least waive cancellation penalties for 
those who cancel late, saving them the cost of walking people and 
freeing up rooms for others.

-- Sam

[1] http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/rooms/index.html?propertyID=1080&requestedChainCode=WI&requestedAffiliationCode=WI&EM=EPS_GuestRooms_WI_1080_CAN

[2] http://www3.ietf.org/meetings/70-hotels.html

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf