Subject: Issues with Letter of Invitation for IETF72

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 11:52:18 -0400

Hi Folks,
   I requested a letter of Invitation for the Dublin Meeting and I
noticed the following issues.

* I cannot register first and then come back for the letter of
invitation. I get the following error

"You will need to register for the IETF meeting prior to requesting a
letter of invitation. Once you have registered for the IETF meeting, you
will be prompted to request the letter of invitiation."

There should be a form here instead that should ask for my registration
number.

* There are two Questions about "Nationality" and "Passport Issuer
Country". The country I pick under Nationality shows up under the
Address. In my case this is not correct. I do not know how these fields
are being used, but the labels need to be clarified.

Thanks
Suresh

_______________________________________________
IETF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 09:05:41 -0700

Suresh,

Thank you for your email. We are looking into these issues right now and
will advise you, and the community, as soon as we have made the necessary
repairs.

Regards,
Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 20:47:26 -0700

Suresh,

Based on the issue that you pointed out, we have changed word "Nationality"
to "Country of Residence" in the online form. We hope that this will prevent
future confusion.

Also, regarding your Letter of Invitation, there is a link in the
confirmation email that you received upon registering for IETF 72 that will
take you directly to the LOI request page. If you happen to lose your
registration confirmation email, you can request a new copy by going to
https://www.ietf.org/registration/sendconfirmno.py and entering in your last
name and email address. There is also a link to this page from the main IETF
72 meeting page: http://www.ietf.org/meetings/72/

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Alexa