Subject: Re: [HOKEY] EMSK Issue

From: Charles Clancy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 17:58:37 -0400

Narayanan, Vidya wrote:
> How about the following text for applicability: 
> 
> "It must be noted that any application of EAP keying material to other
> usages such as handoffs, IP mobility or other applications is only
> feasible when those services are provided either by or through the
> provider handling network access.  It is also only feasible when those
> usages only occur over EAP-capable interfaces. Hence, deriving USRKs or
> DSUSRKs for usages other than those facilitated by the network access
> provider is NOT RECOMMENDED." 
> 

Sounds good to me.

--
t. charles clancy, ph.d.                 eng.umd.edu/~tcc
electrical & computer engineering, university of maryland
_______________________________________________
IETF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 10:37:47 -0700

Is this saying that inter-domain handoff is not supported?  My
understanding is that ERX supports inter-domain use, no?

I understand the restriction for other uses though (such as OTA
Provisioning).

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Clancy [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2008 2:59 PM
To: Narayanan, Vidya
Cc: Glen Zorn; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Bernard Aboba
Subject: Re: [HOKEY] EMSK Issue

Sounds good to me.