Subject: RFC Editor Services Bidders Conference

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 21:23:42 -0400

The RFC Editor Services Bidders Conference will be June 3, 2009  from  
10:00 AM to 1:00 PM PT (UTC-7).
The conference will permit those considering the positions of RFC Series
Editor, Independent Submissions Editor, or bidding on the RFC Production
Center RFP to appear and ask questions of the incumbent RFC Editor, the
University of Southern California's Information Sciences Institute,  
which
is not pursuing the opportunity.

Attendance at the Bidders Conference is optional. Attendance will not  
be used as part of the
selection criteria for the position sought.

Presentations for the conference will be posted prior to the  
conference at:
http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfced-procurement.html  See below for the agenda.

Those interested in listening to the conference can call:
Domestic - (866) 209-6438
International - (865) 297-1127
Participant code: 889324

Written questions received at [email-masked] prior to June 3rd will
be answered at the conference without divulging the source of the query.
A reasonable attempt will be made to provide answers to questions raised
during the conference prior to the conclusion of the conference.

If questions asked at the conference cannot be adequately answered  
during
the discussion, answers will be provided online by June 12th. Oral  
answers
provided at the conference may be updated or modified when published.   
The
published answers are the official responses.

The deadline for the submission to [email-masked] of any questions
is June 5, 2009. Answers to those questions, together with the questions
and answers from the Bidders Conference will be published online at
www.iaoc.ietf.org no later than June 12, 2009.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

The Agenda for the conference is as follows:

1.  Welcome and Introductions
2.  Bidders Conference Process & Agenda
3.  RFC Editor Restructuring Model
4.  RFC Editor History
5.  How an Internet Draft becomes an RFC: The Process and Demo
6.  Questions and Answer Period
7.  Wrap Up