Subject: Draft's URL missing from New Version Notifications (was: Re: [Asrg] Soundness of silence

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:52:32 +0200

Wouldn't the tool add the complete URL, please?

Fearghas McKay wrote:
> On 16 Jun 2009, at 12:28, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
>> Someone suggested I should also have posted an URL. Those are just 
>> practical issues.
>
> Yes a practical issue if you want people to comment on your Draft - make 
> it easy for them to grab it and read it, otherwise it will disappear 
> into the 'waiting for time to search for it, download and then review 
> it' pool of things to do.

I assume most people on this list knows the base URL of the drafts 
repository, which is why the I-D submission tool only mails out the 
filename.

And der Mouse wrote:
>> Someone suggested I should also have posted an URL.  Those are just
>> practical issues.
> 
> Perhaps, but they are very relevant when addressing the question of
> "why did my note generate no traffic?".  Every additional barrier that
> makes it harder - even a little harder - for people will reduce the
> response.

By the same laziness, many authors just forward the New Version 
Notification to the relevant discussion list.