Subject: Possible TLP discussion list

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:54:28 -0400

Hello;

I am writing this to see what people think about creating a tlp- 
discuss mailing list.

While I hope that the need for TLP revisions will diminish after the  
current round is completed, it seems to several of the other Trustees  
and to me that it might be a good idea to have an open mailing list  
devoted to TLP issues. Although it will not be possible to hold all  
discussions with legal counsel on this list, and although the Trustees  
have the responsibility for approving documents issued in the Trust's  
name, there is no reason why much of the TLP revision wordsmithing and  
discussion could not be carried on a an open list.

Please express interest yeah or nay here on this list

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 13:02:13 -0400

The TLP is the Trust Legal Provisions relating to IETF Documents.

The current TLP is located here:  http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/

These Legal Provisions describe the rights and licenses that the IETF  
Trust grants to others with respect to IETF Contributions and IETF  
Documents; as well as certain restrictions, limitations and notices  
relating to IETF Documents pursuant to RFCs 5378 and 5377.

Ray

On Jun 30, 2009, at 12:54 PM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

> current round is completed, it seems to several of the other  
> Trustees and to me that it might be a good idea to have an open  
> mailing list devoted to TLP issues. Although it will not be possible  
> to hold all discussions with legal counsel on this list, and  
> although the Trustees have the responsibility for approving  
> documents issued in the Trust's name, there is no reason why much of  
> the TLP revision wordsmithing and discussion could not be carried on  
> a an open list.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf