Subject: Alternative To IPv6

From: "J. C. Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 15:43:46 -0500

Hi All,

Those associated with the IETF and those with interest in computer
networking might be interested to know that a new, clean-slate network
protocol stack, an alternative to the IPv4 and IPv6, is due out in 2012.
This new protocol stack will provide the following features:

   1. A generalized solution to *naming*, *numbering*, and *addressing
*problems,
   where domain names and IP addresses have been given a sound, theoretical
   basis, with particular emphasis on rethinking the nature of domain names
   with respect to IP addresses. Well-known port numbers would become
   unnecessary for many applications.
   2. A generalized solution to the *mobility *problem, where networks of
   networks may be mobile, with continuously optimal routing from source to
   target and ultra-fast handover over multiple wireless technologies existing
   within the same node that allows PDA's to easily be used as cell phones
   while making and breaking of Wi-Fi links.
   3. A generalized solution to the *multicast *problem, where a PDA might
   serve as the root of a *1,000,000,000*-node multicast tree, and where an
   application sourcing the multicast can be written by a programmer in one
   afternoon whose possesses a near-minimum understanding of computer
   networking.
   4. A generalized solution to the *security *problem, where each feature
   commonly provided by an underlying security framework [hiding, signing,
   etc.] might be independently enabled or disabled without affecting the
   operation of cooperative features.
   5. A generalized solution to the *access control* problem, where
   specifying access control parameters makes sense to technical neophytes,
   where username/passwords are essentially non-existent, and where it is
   plainly evident from the model that it is regular and persistent.
   6. A gratuitous, parasitic framework that, if it were so chosen, would
   allow for the *elimination of the majority of email spam* and similar
   nuisances on the Internet.
   7. A strictly* 99.8% portable* reference implementation for most
   multi-threaded OS's, written in C++.
   8. A network application *library *that presents *persistent primitives
   of computer networking* [C++ classes].
   9. *International support* for almost all of the world's languages, not
   only for domain names, but for all textual processing under the purview of
   the protocol stack. Specifically, almost equal weight will be given for
   non-English languages as for English.
   10. A total executable size of l*ess than 1MB* [without a GUI] for a *
   full-featured* stack destined for small-footprint devices.
   11. *Initial compatibility with IPv4* routing, where new, disruptive
   applications may be created over the new protocol stack without requiring
   changes to existing IPv4 routing. A full-break from IPv4 would require no
   human intervention [renumbering] at the point of change-over, and after
   change-over, said disruptive applications would continue to function,
   unaware that change-over has occurred.
   12. *Simplicity*. The new stack should be understandable in its entirely
   by a single software engineer after 3 months of study.

I will send out notices as the release date in 2012 approaches.

Warm Regards,
-JC

---

From: Turchanyi Geza <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 11:38:42 +0200

.... and of course you will have a magic transition scenario as well, and
all the content providers will adapt within 3 months, without any problems
of load balancing what we have today....

IF NOT, your announcement just will provoque more delay in transition to
IPv6, the only viable and urgent solution ahead of us.

Regards,

Géza

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 10:43 PM, J. C. Jones <[email-masked]> wrote:

>    1. A generalized solution to *naming*, *numbering*, and *addressing *problems,
>    serve as the root of a *1,000,000,000*-node multicast tree, and where
>    an application sourcing the multicast can be written by a programmer in one
>    12. *Simplicity*. The new stack should be understandable in its
>    entirely by a single software engineer after 3 months of study.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
>
>

---

From: Jorge Amodio <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 18:02:15 -0500

> I will send out notices as the release date in 2012 approaches.

That's excellent, please send the notice before the Mayan calendar ends. Tnx.

-J

---

From: Turchanyi Geza <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 05:28:45 +0200

Hi,

Quite a few people reminded me for the date of your message, which was All
Fool Day.

Oh yes, I surely forgot to check this! Then I realised one more thing: I
surely forgot to translate "jaibuduvin"! "J'ai bu du vin" is in French, that
I know at least, and translates to "I was drinking wine"!

My serious congratulation to your jokes!

Mes felicitacions serieux!

Amitié,

Géza