Subject: REMINDER - IETF OUTAGE SCHEDULED FOR TODAY, MONDAY APRIL 25TH

From: Glen Barney <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 22:00:51 -0700

Dear IETF Community -

For the past two weeks we have been operating out of our backup colocated
datacenter, for the dual purposes of (a) testing and verifying that such 
operation would work as expected, and (b) moving us to upgraded server
hardware and operating software.  The testing was done at the request of
the IETF Leadership, and the upgrades were done as a part of this process,
enabling us to make improvements in the services provided to the community.

I'm pleased to report that, having reached the end of the two-week period,
it appears that everything has gone extremely well.

It is now time to bring things back to our primary data center in Fremont,
and to the now newly-upgraded-and-cloned servers ready to go here, and we
will, as previously announced,  perform that process today, Monday, April 25th.

As before, we will bring the Orlando server down into a standby mode, do
a final controlled synchronization of data from the Orlando server to the 
Fremont server, update the zone files, and then bring the Fremont server 
online.

This procedure will begin at 1PM Pacific, 4PM Eastern, 2000GMT, and is
expected to take approximately 2-3 hours.  IETF Leadership will be kept
constantly apprised of any delays, and AMS (IETF Secretariat) staff will
be working continuously until the process is completed.

Please be prepared for this outage today, and plan accordingly.  Thank you 
all for your patience as we bring this upgrade and test to a close.

Glen
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)