Subject: IETF to Meet in Toronto!

From: IETF Administrative Director <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 07:41:09 -0800 (PST)

The IAOC is pleased to announce Toronto as the site for IETF 90 from 20 - 25 July 2014.  
This will be IETF's second meeting in Toronto.  The IETF last met in Toronto for IETF 30 in 
1994 and was then hosted by the University of Toronto.  The Proceedings for that meeting 
can be found here: <http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/30/>.  

Toronto was the number seven choice for a North American venue in a venue preference 
survey conducted after IETF 78.

Those who may be interested in hosting or sponsoring this or any future meeting are 
invited to contact Drew Dvorshak at [email-masked].  See Host Opportunities below.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

2012
IETF 83  Paris 25 - 30 March Host Opportunity
IETF 84  Vancouver  29 July - 3 Aug  Host: Google
IETF 85  Atlanta  4 - 9 November   Host: North American Cable Industry

2013
IETF 86  Orlando  10 - 15 March (Back-to-back with IEEE) Host Opportunity
IETF 87  Berlin  28 July - 2 Aug  Host Opportunity
IETF 88  Vancouver  3 - 8 November  Host Opportunity

2014
IETF 89  Europe		2 - 7 March  Host Opportunity
IETF 90  Toronto		20 - 25 July  Host Opportunity
IETF 91  Asia Pacific	9 - 14 November  Host Opportunity

---

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:53:14 +0000

> survey conducted after IETF 78.

I can see the signs now.

"Welcome to Toronto - ranked 7th most popular place in North America  
amongst a non-representative self-selecting group of technical  
people".

Dave.
-- 
Dave Cridland - mailto:[email-masked] - xmpp:[email-masked]
  - acap://acap.dave.cridland.net/byowner/user/dwd/bookmarks/
  - http://dave.cridland.net/
Infotrope Polymer - ACAP, IMAP, ESMTP, and Lemonade

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 10:59:25 -0500

> amongst a non-representative self-selecting group of technical

Obviously, not enough Canadians from outside Toronto were asked.
Everyone in the country loves to hate Toronto.

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: Victor Kuarsingh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 11:03:51 -0500

I live in Toronto and love to hate it too!

At the end of the day.. Toronto is a nice venue.. But Winter is not a good
time (would not suggest Nov or March IETF here).  Summers are best if
selected.

:)

Victor K

On 11-11-29 10:59 AM, "Andrew Sullivan" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>Ietf mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:16:11 -0800

>     Summers are best if selected.

except for the flies.

(or have they disappeared in the last 25 years?)

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

---

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:01:30 -0500 (EST)

> Everyone in the country loves to hate Toronto.

There are enough Canadians outside of Toronto?

Paul

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 02:11:56 +0900

> There are enough Canadians outside of Toronto?

yes, they were not illegally arrested at the g20

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:25:11 -0500

> There are enough Canadians outside of Toronto?

Don't blame me!  I'm a Toronto separatist.  I think the city should
separate from Ontario (and hence, Canada), using the old City of
Toronto boundaries, and permit the former Metro municipalities in as
colonies.  Residents of Mississauga would need a special permit.  And
Rob Ford would be deported.  (He woulda left anyway if Toronto had
been on the ball and enacted these policies before David Miller left
office.)

The Canadian Dollar problem would be solved neatly: since all the
money in the coutry flows through Toronto anyway, Toronto could
continue to use the Canadian Dollar and maintain control over the
currency.  What Canada would do, having lost control of its currency
policies, is a little hazy, but probably the 10 people left in Ottawa
could think of something.  Besides, there are all those clever wannabe
economists from Calgary.  Surely they know what to do when there's a
common currency and no common political union.  I mean, look how well
it's worked in Europe!

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:48:13 -0500

Apologies, all, for misdirecting my bit of nonsense to the list
instead of just Paul.

A

> Don't blame me!  I'm a Toronto separatist.  I think the city should
[&c]

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 20:54:36 -0500

So... in Canada each of the next three years. eh!

---

From: Steven Bellovin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 21:55:00 -0500

> Everyone in the country loves to hate Toronto.

As a native New Yorker, I'm familiar with that syndrome...

		--Steve Bellovin, https://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb