Subject: draft-weil

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:31:03 +0000

Two comments, admittedly from someone who's been well out of ISP  
sysadmin for some years now:

1) The proposal in draft-weil sucks. It fills me with abject horror  
that some ISPs - and I hope not all - are going to deploy CGN and  
other, similar, half-arsed connectivity tricks to pretend to  
customers that they're offering an actual service.

2) Unfortunately, the alternative - forcing the ISPs to jury-rig  
their own, worse, solutions, in effect - seems worse. I'm persuaded  
in particular by the comments made by Owen DeLong. And awful  
connectivity via the draft-weil method is at least better service  
than these alternatives.

Therefore I support, with immense distaste, publication of draft-weil  
as a Least Awful Common Practise document. I'm really not keen on the  
notion of it being labelled "Best", but I suppose it'll have to do.

Dave. (Sent via IPv6, of course).
-- 
Dave Cridland - mailto:[email-masked] - xmpp:[email-masked]
  - acap://acap.dave.cridland.net/byowner/user/dwd/bookmarks/
  - http://dave.cridland.net/
Infotrope Polymer - ACAP, IMAP, ESMTP, and Lemonade