Subject: Re: IETF posting delays

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 11:13:22 -0700

On Tue May 08 04:31:41 2012, [email-masked] wrote:
> I'm giving up. Now using gmail account.
> As you can see with the response below to Warren and cc: Mary, John, 
> and the IETF list, was sent last night at May 7, 23:01.  My MTA 
> transport logs show it was sent to all four, so I am presuming the 
> direct mail was received and perhaps you can confirm you received it. 
> Yet, not posted on the list, not on the IETF archive, my copy never sent.

As the above ticket was cc'ed to the IETF community list, I am cc'ing our
resolution report to the list as well.

Dear Mr. Santos:

This is the first report we've received at IETF-ACTION on this problem.

The problem with these two messages was easy to identify.  Your two email
messages were triggering the spamassassin scoring system used by the IETF,
and causing your mail to be discarded as spam.

Although I do not have a detail log of the report for your mail, I would
think that the phrase "GO NY RANGERS" in your message contributed to the
elevated spam score.  Such things are generally interpreted as spam phrases
by spam filters, especially in environments like the IETF's where such
phrases are neither relevant nor expected.

This is an easy problem to solve.  I have whitelisted your address(es) so
that you will not have this problem again.

And, I can only stress that, in the future, when you have problems of this
type, you will get much faster resolution if you file a report with
IETF-ACTION, as directed on the IETF website, rather than going to the IETF
discussion list.  Had you done so in this case, and in the other cases I now
see you've discussed on the IETF discussion list, these problems could have
been resolved and/or answered before turning into what I now see has become
a major thread.  Please see the IETF website at
http://www.ietf.org/contact-the-ietf.html and
http://www.ietf.org/secretariat.html for further information about the
correct ways to report problems encountered with IETF systems.

I trust this information is helpful.  If you have further questions or
problems, please direct a new message to:
          [email-masked]
and a member of the secretariat staff will assist you.

Glen
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)