Subject: AFNIC's Technology Backdrop Survey (2nd edition): your input highly appreciated

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 10:49:04 +0200

[It is not *directly* related to IETF work but I assume that the goal
is shared by many people here: try to find about the future of the
Internet. Do note that most questions about what you *wish* will
happen but about what you *think* will happen.]

To that end, with the help of its Scientific Council and INIT company,
AFNIC is carrying out the 2nd edition[1] of its "Technology Backdrop"
survey among Internet users and professionals, in the medium-to-long
term.

We kindly invite you to participate to this survey which is open
until 4 June 2012, at the following URL. It is a bit long but, we
believe, worth it:

http://www.init-web.com/cgi-cluster/Cluster/SF?P=7z254z6z-1z-1zF44165B408

Some complements on methodology and objectives:
-----------------------------------------------

Based on forecasts made by respondents to the survey, the backdrop
consists of two types of assertions concerning trends. First, the
basis of the backdrop consists of items on which there is
consensus. Then, forecasts on which sub-populations of respondents
disagree are used to integrate alternative scenarios into the
backdrop.

We believe that the backdrop resulting from this survey may be also of
interest to you.

Three themes have been chosen in this survey for two profiles, "User"
and "Professional":

1. "The Purpose Of The Internet", for both profiles
2. "Global Architecture Of The Internet", for the "Professional" profile only
3. "The Internet Domain Name System (DNS)", for the "Professional" profile only

Thank you in advance for your your time and input and please feel free
to forward this e-mail to people you would like to invite to provide
their input as well.

[1] The results of the 1st edition of this survey is available here:
http://www.slideshare.net/AFNIC/findings-techbackdropafnic-6789205