Subject: Patents and standards bodies

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 11:17:47 -0400 (EDT)

FYI; this seems relevant to us:

  Tech Rivals Push Copycats Battle To The Hill
  http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78219.html

Excerpts:

"Apple and Microsoft are telling regulators and lawmakers that not all patents
are created equal. They say patents that have been developed by companies with
the help of international standards bodies - such as those Motorola Mobility
holds for Wi-Fi and online video - should be available for licensing on a fair
and nondiscriminatory basis.
...
'Actions aimed at preventing the sale of products that rely on industry
standards threaten to raise the cost and reduce the availability of popular
electronics products such as mobile phones, Blu-ray players, wireless routers,
video game consoles, Internet-connected televisions, and computers, among
others - all of which are built upon standards that ensure interoperability'"

          Noel

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 01:05:15 +0200

Apologies if this is too simple question, but is there any tool for ipad 
and/or android which would allow me to download for offline reading all 
ietf/irtf drafts submitted between any two dates ?

Ideally it would be great to also be able to filter by version or by 
string in the name to stay current on a given WG efforts or some 
specific document.

Just checking for prior art before even considering doing it myself ;)

Many thx,
R.