Subject: Re: IAB IPv6 privacy survey posted, response requested

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:06:26 +0200

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 09:24:56AM -0700,
 IAB Chair <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 95 lines which said:

> those familiar with OS IPv6 implementations are asked to complete a
> short survey
> <http://www.iab.org/wp-content/IAB-uploads/2012/07/IPv6-Privacy-Survey.doc>

Which RFC (or other open specification) describes the ".doc" format? 

And since when Microsoft software is required for IETF work?

[Don't ask me to try LibreOffice, it runs at 100 % CPU time for
*minutes* when opening this document.]

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 12:49:21 +0300

I put a RTF version of the document here:
http://www.iab.org/wp-content/IAB-uploads/2012/07/IPv6-Privacy-Survey1.rtf

Does this work for you? 

Ciao
Hannes

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:16:12 -0400

> And since when Microsoft software is required for IETF work?

Even though I replied to the survey, this also irritated me. And I sense 
a trend here. It seems that the number of non-plain-text files coming 
from IAB has been increasing.

Suggestion: just put the content right in the body of the email. I see 
no need for any kind of attachment.

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca

---

From: "Worley, Dale R (Dale)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:45:53 -0400

> no need for any kind of attachment.

Or the attachment could be text/plain...

Dale