Subject: re. DMARC - apropos cooperation, or lack there-of by yahoo

From: Miles Fidelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 15:41:42 -0400

Apropos the recent discussion, it strikes me that this exchange of email 
w/ Yahoo might be of interest:

On one of the pages pointed to by Yahoo's blog announcement of their 
DMARC policy change, they posted this invitation: "If you are a 
developer of mailing list software and would like help adding features 
to allow participants from domains with DMARC p=reject, please contact 
us at [email-masked]."

So... I took them up on it, by sending this:

-------
From: Miles Fidelman [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2014 6:28 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: do you support Original-Authentication-Results?
Folks,
I'm not a mailing list software developer, but I'm sure interested in 
patching the software we use (Sympa).
The most pressing question right now is whether your DMARC 
implementation supports Original-Authentication-Results - which would 
allow us to actually support DMARC transparently to list subscribers.A 
related question is knowing which other large ISPs, who honor p=reject, 
also honor Original-Authentication-Results.
Miles Fidelman
---------------

To which, I received this in response:

-------- Original Message --------
x 	

	

	

	

From: 	Mailing Help <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	Mailing Help <[email-masked]>
Subject: 	Subject: do you support Original-Authentication-Results?
To: 	[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
MIME-Version: 	1.0
Content-Type: 	multipart/alternative; 
boundary="833011919-776038816-1397588475=:6407"

Greetings Miles.
Yahoo Mail is not currently supporting OAR headers. We’re reviewing 
possible solutions in regards to OAR headers and how to act upon them 
from trusted third parties. Our primary goal at this time is to 
eliminate Mail Spoofing for email that does not originate from our mail 
servers.
I’d like to work with you in the near future if and when we’d like to 
test new changes. Can I add you as a contact Miles?
Cheers,
Kendrick - Yahoo Mail

---------------

Talk about not helpful.

Miles Fidelman