Subject: Thanks for improved editing function over at the rfc-editor

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 20:11:33 -0400

I've been through a number of auth48s lately and I just noticed that the
editing process that the RFC editor is using introduces significantly
fewer errors than it used to.
Back ind the 2004-2007 era, it was actually very common to see authors
objecting to a number of auth48 changes.  I saw this in my own documents
as well as documents in my area.

I see fewer documents these days, but I do see enough documents that I
have confidence in my claim that the auth48 process seems to be much
smoother than it used to be.

This is really nice.  Thanks for the ongoing great work.

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 12:32:00 -0700

> smoother than it used to be.

I can second that.

I recently had a (minor) technical error caught by the editor;
something I and the working group missed in several reviews.  I don't
know about improvement - I haven't seen any mistakes personally - but
the editor team is definitely doing a great job.