Subject: Re: Comments from the IAB on NISTIR 7977

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 20:14:15 +0100

Just need to clarify that the word 'public' in your statement means the US
public and not all regions/world public. IMO the statement is for only one
region not the total internet regions, but can be related to other
regions. Thanks.

AB

On Monday, April 7, 2014, IAB Chair wrote:

> Today, the IAB sent comments to the US National Institute for Standards
> and Technology (NIST) in the matter of the draft NISTIR 7977 (NIST
> Cryptographic Standards and Guidelines Development Process).  In the
> statement, the IAB supports transparency and openness, encouraging NIST to
> make improvements for not only Federal Information Processing Standards,
> but also Recommendations and Special Publications.
>
> The Draft NISTIR 7977 is available from the NIST website:
> http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/nistir-7977/nistir_7977_draft.pdf
>
> The IAB statement is available from the IAB website:
> http://www.iab.org/wp-content/IAB-uploads/2014/04/IAB-NIST7977-20140407.pdf
>
> On behalf of the IAB,
> Russ Housley
> IAB Chair
>
>