Subject: Connecting code (open source and proprietary) with IETF standards

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 12:41:39 -0400

Hello,

Out of my work with the diversity effort and some observations from working
with ISOC at the Grace Hopper Celebration, I thought it would be a good
idea to more clearly demonstrate the connections between standards and
running code.  With the theme on the list at the moment, it seems like a
good time to put this idea out to a broad set of reviewers (IETF list)
before moving forward.  The diversity list members and some others have
contributed to the list of requested features for such a tool that would
enable a social aspect to connecting working groups, drafts, and code (open
source and proprietary).

The motivation was to create better connections with the open source
community and to better show those relationships as well as to expose the
IETF to researchers and students.  There are numerous connection points and
benefits listed int eh attached proposal.  I look forward to your comments.

-- 

Best regards,
Kathleen