Subject: Call for IAOC Nominations and Volunteers 2015

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2014 10:51:19 -0400

This is a call for nominations for the IAB appointment to the IETF 
Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC). The nomination period will 
close on 5 November 2014. 

IAOC membership is described in BCP 101 (RFC 4071) Section 4, with 
selection guidelines and process documented in BCP 113 (RFC 4333).  In 
alternate years. The IESG and the IAB each select one person for a two-
year IAOC term.  This year, the IAB will select one person for a term 
beginning in the Spring of 2015.  Note that NomCom is also selecting an 
IAOC member.

The incumbent is Bob Hinden.  Bob has served on the IAOC since
March 2007, and he was IAOC Chair from 2009 to 2013.  After eight
years on the IAOC, Bob is not seeking another term.  We thank him
for so many years of service to the IETF community.

Candidates for these IAOC positions should have knowledge of the IETF, 
knowledge of contracts and financial procedures, and familiarity with 
the administrative support needs of the IAB, the IESG, and the IETF 
standards process.  Candidates are also expected to be able to 
understand the respective roles and responsibilities of the IETF and 
ISOC in this activity, and be able to articulate these roles within the 
IETF community.

Acceptable candidates must be prepared to exercise all the duties of an 
IAOC member.  These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, 
the setting (in consultation with the community and after carefully 
considering their input) of administrative support policies, oversight 
of the administrative operations of the IETF, and representing the 
interests of the IETF to the IAOC.  The IAOC meets for a couple of
hours at each IETF meeting, holds two conference calls each month,
and meets for two days in a separate meeting, usually in May.
Acceptable candidates must be able to undertake full participation
in all IAOC meetings and activities.

IAOC members also serve as the trustees of the IETF Trust.

The IAB-selected member of the IAOC does not directly represent the IAB.  
The IAB and IESG selected members are accountable directly to the IETF 
community.  As such, candidates do not need to be current members of the 
IAB or the IESG and, in fact, we prefer nominations and volunteers from 
the rest of the community.

If you are interested in one of these positions, or know of someone who 
may be a good fit for this position, please send the name and email 
address to <[email-masked]> and <[email-masked]>.

The IAB will respond with a questionnaire, asking for the candidates' 
qualifications and willingness to serve.

The names of all people who declare themselves willing to serve will be 
made public on the [email-masked] list after the end of the 
solicitation period.  The plan is to post the list of candidates by
7 November 2014.

The IAB expects to make a decision in early December 2014. 

On Behalf of the IAB,
  Russ Housley
  IAB Chair

---

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:42:06 -0400

Just a quick reminder: the call for volunteers is open until 5 November 2014.

Thanks for your consideration,
  Russ Housley
  IAB Chair