Subject: Nerds in Paradise: Special Commemorative T-shirt

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 18:46:31 -0700 (PDT)

Dear IETF 91 Attendee,

Twenty-five years ago, the IETF met in Honolulu for IETF 15. This was 
long before the days of hosts and sponsors and thus long before there 
were any official T-shirts for attendees.

A small group of IETFers got together and decided that it would be fun 
to create a T-shirt. The now-famous "Nerds in Paradise" imprint was 
designed by Julia Topolcic and became, as far as we know, the first 
IETF shirt ever. It was printed locally in Honolulu and distributed to 
those who had signed up for it.

This is what the shirt looked like: 

http://www.blkk.com/_Media/img_4721-2.jpeg

To commemorate IETF 15 and that T-shirt, we are planning to produce a 
Version 2.0 in the same ad hoc fashion, based closely on the original 
design. The cost per T-shirt will about US $ 15.00, priced to offset 
the cost of this excercise. The final price will depend on how many 
shirts we order. If there are surplus funds, we will donate them to 
the Open Internet Endowment:

http://www.internetsociety.org/articles/open-internet-endowment-0

If you wish to pre-order, please let us know what size and how many 
you want by 23:59:00 UTC on October 22, 2014.* Available sizes are:
S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL. Send your order to: [email-masked]. You will
be required to pay in CASH when collecting your shirt in Honolulu. No 
mail orders available, sorry.

Bob Hinden
Joel A. Jaeggli
Ole J. Jacobsen

* Correspondence about NTP and the accuracy of timestamps will not be 
  entered into :-)