Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-05.txt> (Opportunistic Security: Some Protection Most of the Time) to Informational RFC

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 13:43:19 -0400

I will be tracking issues raised in this re-review.  Note this, in
particular, from the last call note:

> In particular, the IESG needs to know about substantive issues that have
> not been addressed appropriately in this version.  Comments should clearly
> mark each actionable issue that they are raising, and should clearly state
> what action they are asking for.  Please suggest specific text, where that is
> appropriate.

Let's try to keep this, as much as possible, away from small editorial
things, and raise what we consider to be significant issues with the
document.  Please give *this* version a thorough review, and don't try
to use diffs from earlier versions.  Is this version ready to go?  If
not, what are the issues -- specifically enumerated?  If your issue is
asking for a text change or addition, specifically what do you want
the new text to look like?

I'll be using the appsawg issue tracker, purely because it exists and
has the right access permissions -- this document has nothing to do
with appsawg.  All issues for this document will be in the component
"opportunistic-security", here:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/appsawg/trac/report/10

Barry

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 11:33:15 +0900

> Please send substantive comments to the [email-masked] mailing lists by
> 2014-11-18.

and where do insubstantive comments such as this go?

in berlin, i asked for "privacy by default."  i have read this draft.  i
have followed it since birth.  i do not think we are going to improve it
significantly.  i think it is needed.  i think it is actually important.

randy

---

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 22:22:19 -0400

On Monday, October 27, 2014 10:14:20 The IESG wrote:
> The IESG is asking the community to re-review the new version of the
> following document, as a result of the previous last call and IESG
> evaluation:
> 
> - 'Opportunistic Security: Some Protection Most of the Time'
>   <draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-05.txt> as Informational RFC

I've re-reviewed this new version of the document and believe it's ready for 
publication.

Scott K