Subject: Re: Strong objection to draft-ietf-WG-*.all noise levels

From: "George, Wes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 10:16:00 -0500

Thanks,

Wes

Wesley George
Time Warner Cable
Core Network Engineering & Architecture
office: 703-561-2540 | mobile: 703-864-4902

Anything below this line has been added by my company’s mail server, I
have no control over it.
-----------

On 2/10/15, 9:10 AM, "Robert Sparks" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>>think we want to explicitly CC the list, so that mail filtering keeps
>>working.
>If I understand things correctly, the expansion I mentioned in point 5
>of my earlier message accomplishes this part of what you are wanting
>(with To: rather than CC:, and is already deployed. If you are seeing
>mail today where that's not the case, please let me know

Though I hate to resurrect an old thread, this is still broken. I've
gotten 5 or 6 emails that were sent to *only* the .all alias that landed
in my inbox because my mail filters apparently aren't smart enough to look
in all of the ancillary headers to find places where the mailing list
address is invoked. I'll be happy to send you headers/whole message
examples if this is a matter of troubleshooting.

Wes George

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.

---

From: "George, Wes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 10:18:26 -0500

While I'm poking dead threads... What's the ETA for these pages? Info
still isn't present at the URL below, which sounded like was something the
secretariat should be able to do independent of the next datatracker
release schedule.

Thanks,

Wes

On 2/11/15, 12:24 PM, "Henrik Levkowetz" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Hi Dave,
>
>On 2015-02-11 18:11, Dave Crocker wrote:
>> On 2/11/2015 8:52 AM, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
>>> The aliases that are created currently are as follows (except that
>>> aliases that have empty expansions are not created):
>> ...
>>
>>
>> Besides the email you just sent, where is this documented?
>
>We're working on both help pages for the aliases with this information,
>and pages that will let your search/inspect the generated aliases.  They
>will be part of the next datatracker release.
>
>> A newbie  should be able to easily learn of these addresses and where
>> they go.
>>
>> At a minimum, I suggest replicated the relevant parts of the text you
>> just sent on the page:
>>
>>    http://www.ietf.org/id-info/
>
>Sound reasonable, I guess.  I'll Bcc the secretariat on this email.
>
>
>Regards,
>
>       Henrik
>

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 15:47:54 -0600

Hi Wes -

The pages that show you the alias expansions are available now (since 
version 5.11.1).

See
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/email-aliases> for the whole set,
and, for instance,
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sparks-genarea-review-tracker/email-aliases/>
if you're interested in a single draft.

Similarly for groups, look at
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/email-aliases/>
and, for example,
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/sdn/email-aliases/>

The documentation describing what the aliases are supposed to contain 
will be reachable from any of those pages in an upcoming release, and we 
will be looking for other places to put it to make it easy to find.

We are also continuing to work on improving the issues that started the 
threads sharing the Subject of this message at a high priority.

RjS

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 14:09:46 +0100

Hi Wes,

> secretariat should be able to do independent of the next datatracker

The pages were added to the datatracker on February 23rd:

  http://datatracker.ietf.org/release/5.11.1/

Login is required.  The full list of document aliases are here:

  http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/email-aliases/

and the full list of group aliases are here:

  http://datatracker.ietf.org/group/email-aliases/

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: "George, Wes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 09:03:46 -0400

>threads sharing the Subject of this message at a high priority.

My other reply (albeit hidden under my signature which I stupidly forgot
to remove from the top of the message) quotes a part of a previous message
implying that this was already fixed, but I am still receiving messages
sent to e.g. [email-masked] that
are forwarding to [email-masked] without adding that address to the To:
field. Is this still in the process of being fixed, or do you want
examples of this because it's supposed to be fixed? It is unclear from
your previous message.

Thanks
Wes

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 08:30:43 -0500

On 3/9/15 8:03 AM, George, Wes wrote:
> examples of this because it's supposed to be fixed?
Yes, we are still working on that.
>   It is unclear from