Subject: Revising RFC 2418 - New Non-WG Mailing List: Wgguide

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 08:23:51 -0500

Folks,

Howdy.

Ralph Droms and I have drafted a revision to Working Group Guidelines
and Procedures (RFC 2418) and would like the IETF to pursue discussions
that move the document forward.

The draft is at:

     https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-crocker-rfc2418bis-wgguidelines/

and a non-wg mailing list has been established as the venue for
discussion.  (Note, that also means please don't pursue discussions
about the draft on the main IETF list, such as by simply replying to
this message...)

There are some private comments we have already received that will be
re-distributed through the new mailing list, as soon as initial
subscriptions to the list stabilize.

Thanks.

d/

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: New Non-WG Mailing List: Wgguide
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 05:40:30 -0700
From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new IETF non-working group email list has been created.

List address: [email-masked]
Archive: http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/wgguide/
To subscribe: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/wgguide

Purpose:

IETF activities are primarily organized into open-participation working
groups (WGs). RFC 2418 provides guidance about the structure and
operation of IETF working groups. The current draft seeks revisions to
conform to changes in practices.

Specifically the draft:

o Replaces general IETF tutorial material that it had with pointers to
independent versions

o Incorporates work from a number of targeted efforts over the years

o Reorganizes content to aid direct use by working group participants

o Distinguishes between formal IETF requirements and processes, versus
common practices chosen by working groups, where the latter are
primarily discussed in a non-normative external IETF Wiki that can be
continually revised by the community.

For additional information, please contact the list administrators.

-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net

-- 
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking
bbiw.net