Subject: CFP: IEEE Green Standardizations at Globecom 2015 - Deadline: July 1

From: Jinsong Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 22:36:34 +0000 (UTC)

CALL FOR PAPERS
IEEE International Workshop on Green Standardizations for ICT and Relevant Technologies (GSICT) Organized in conjunction with IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM 2015)
http://www.ieee-gsict.org/2015/http://globecom2015.ieee-globecom.org/
[Important Dates on US Time EDT]– Paper submission deadline: July 1, 2015 – Paper Acceptance Notification: September 1, 2015 – Camera Ready papers due: October 1, 2015
[Paper submission web link]https://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=20677
[Scope and Topics]
This workshop is to collect results and visions of standards, regulations and public policies on global green revolutions relevant to information and communication technologies (ICT) and other relevant issues, including both the impact of ICT on the environments and the impact of environments on ICT. This workshop will exchange views on issues of strategic importance such as environmental protections, resource efficiency, climate changes, and energy efficiency, and how ICT can help boost the transition to an environmentally-friendly economy. Environmental sustainability for the ICT sector has impacted and will continue impacting the industry’s reaction to the outcomes of the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20). The current world would not survive without information and communication technologies, whose widespread use has changed people’s lives dramatically and boosted economic growth. However, the very success of these technologies has made them a growing contributor to various environmental impacts. At the same time, they may offer ways of reducing negative environmental impacts in other industries such as water resource management, air pollution reduction, energy generation, building and transport. This workshop may also provide guidance on green ICT procurement, detailing green principles to be applied when procuring goods, products and services. Another issue considered in this workshop is greening ICT supply chains relating to conflict minerals, and the way the ICT industry is managing its supply chain in that context. This workshop may also investigate the overall sustainability of lifestyle choices, a number of companies may have responded by providing consumers with information on the eco-impact of the products they buy and use.
The IEEE International Workshop on Green Standardizations for ICT and relevant Technologies (GSICT) would be initiated as a forum for scientists, engineers, standardization professionals, policy makers, researchers, practitioners, and students to present their latest research results, visions, ideas, developments, surveys in green standardizations in ICT and relevant technologies that can support existing and future developments and efforts and promote global green revolutions.
Researchers and professionals are encouraged to submit original relevant contributions in all major areas, which include, but not limited to:– Green standardizations for systems, devices, interfaces, adapters – Visions, ideas, roadmaps, and solutions on green standardizations for ICT and relevant technologies – Test suites for assessment of green standardizations and solutions – Green battery solutions – Green standardizations for computing and information technologies – Green standardizations for electronics – Green standardizations for Internet of things – Green standardizations for smart grids – Green standardizations for communications and networking – Procedure for recycling materials in information and communication technology goods – Measurement methods to characterize rare metals in information and communication technology goods – Best practices for green data centers and cloud computing – Energy and resource efficiency metrics and measurement – Standardizations for green offices and buildings – Overview and general principles of methodologies for assessing the environmental impact of information and communication technologies – Methodology for environmental life cycle assessment – Methodology for energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions impact assessment of information and communication technologies in organizations – Framework for information and communication technologies and adaptation to the effects of climate change – Life-cycle management of ICT goods – Surveys on any topics of green standardizations
[Submission Procedure]
Submitted papers must represent original material which is not currently under review in any other conference or journal and has not been previously published. Paper length should not exceed five-page standard IEEE conference two-column format (including all text, figures, and references). Please see the Author Information page for submission guidelines in the IEEE GLOBECOM 2015 web sitehttp://globecom2015.ieee-globecom.org/. All submitted papers will go through a peer review process. All accepted and presented papers will be included in the IEEE GLOBECOM 2015 proceedings and IEEE digital library. IEEE reserves the right to exclude an accepted and registered but not presented paper from the IEEE digital library.
[Sponsors]- IEEE Communications Society- IEEE Technical Committee on Green Communications and Computing- IEEE Research Project on Vision for Green ICT Standardizations- IEEE Tecnhical SubCommittee on Big Data
[Organizing Committee]General Co-Chairs– Shengjie Zhao (Tongji University, China) – Thierry E. Klein (Bell Labs, Alcatel-Lucent, USA) – Chih-Lin I (China Mobile Research Institute, China)
Technical Program Committee (TPC) Co-Chairs – Mohammad Asad Rehman Chaudhry (Soptimizer, and University of Toronto, Canada) – Jinsong Wu (Universidad de Chile, Chile) – Christos Verikoukis (Telecommunications Technological Centre of Catalonia, Spain) – RangaRao Venkatesha Prasad (Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Steering Committee– Shengjie Zhao (Tongji University, China) – Jinsong Wu (Universidad de Chile, Chile) – Gilbert Buty (Alcatel-Lucent, France)
Invited Speaker and Panel Co-Chairs– William Miller (Maximum Control Technologies (MaCT), USA) – Wai Pang Ng (Northumbria University, UK) – Sumei Sun (Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore)
Publicity Co-Chairs– RangaRao Venkatesha Prasad (Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands) – William Liu (Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand)

Technical Program Committee Members-Niranth Amogh, Huawei Technologies, India-Angelos Antonopoulos, Telecommunications Technological Centre of Catalonia (CTTC), Spain-Zakia Asad, University of Toronto, Canada-Cicek Cavdar,KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden-Marco Di Renzo, French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS), France-Fabrizio Granelli, University of Trento, Italy-Muhammad Ali Imran, University of Surrey, UK-Martin Jacobsson, Uppsala University, Sweden-Elli Kartsakli,Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Spain-Kimon Kontovasilis, NCSR Demokritos, Greece-William Liu, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand-Antonio Manzalini, Telecom Italia, Italy-Michela Meo, Politecnico di Torino, Italy-Paolo Monti, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden-Bruce Nordman, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA-Kostas Ramantas, Iquadrat Informatica, Greece-Harry Skianis, University of the Aegean, Greece-Stefano Tennina, University of L’Aquila, Italy-Lin Tian, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China-Roger Tipley, Schneider Electric, USA-John Vardakas, IQUADRAT Informatica S. L. Barcelona, Spain-Jinwei He, China Mobile Research Institute, China-Neelesh Mehta, Indian Institute of Science, India-Qi Sun, China Mobile Research Institute, China-Zhikun Xu, China Mobile Research Institute, China

---

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 13:01:16 +0200

As sergeant-at-arms, I want to remind that posting CfP and similar content
to this list, unless explicitly authorized by the IETF chair, is not
allowed.

In case it happens again, I will instruct the secretariat to restrict
posting rights of offenders.

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: ietf <[email-masked]> on behalf of Jinsong Wu
<[email-masked]>
Responder a: Jinsong Wu <[email-masked]>
Fecha: jueves, 25 de junio de 2015, 0:36
Para: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Asunto: CFP: IEEE Green Standardizations at Globecom 2015 - Deadline: July
1

>CALL FOR PAPERS
>
>IEEE International Workshop on Green Standardizations for ICT and
>Relevant Technologies (GSICT) Organized in conjunction with IEEE Global
>Communications Conference (GLOBECOM 2015)
>
>[Important Dates on US Time EDT]
> Paper submission deadline: July 1, 2015  Paper Acceptance
>Notification: September 1, 2015  Camera Ready papers due: October 1, 2015
>
>This workshop is to collect results and visions of standards, regulations
>and public policies on global green revolutions relevant to information
>and communication technologies (ICT) and other relevant issues, including
>both the impact of ICT on the environments and the impact of environments
>on ICT. This workshop will exchange views on issues of strategic
>importance such as environmental protections, resource efficiency,
>climate changes, and energy efficiency, and how ICT can help boost the
>transition to an environmentally-friendly economy. Environmental
>sustainability for the ICT sector has impacted and will continue
>impacting the industry¹s reaction to the outcomes of the United Nations
>Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20). The current world would
>not survive without information and communication technologies, whose
>widespread use has changed people¹s lives dramatically and boosted
>economic growth. However, the very success of these technologies has made
>them a growing contributor to various environmental impacts. At the same
>time, they may offer ways of reducing negative environmental impacts in
>other industries such as water resource management, air pollution
>reduction, energy generation, building and transport. This workshop may
>also provide guidance on green ICT procurement, detailing green
>principles to be applied when procuring goods, products and services.
>Another issue considered in this workshop is greening ICT supply chains
>relating to conflict minerals, and the way the ICT industry is managing
>its supply chain in that context. This workshop may also investigate the
>overall sustainability of lifestyle choices, a number of companies may
>have responded by providing consumers with information on the eco-impact
>of the products they buy and use.
>
>The IEEE International Workshop on Green Standardizations for ICT and
>relevant Technologies (GSICT) would be initiated as a forum for
>scientists, engineers, standardization professionals, policy makers,
>researchers, practitioners, and students to present their latest research
>results, visions, ideas, developments, surveys in green standardizations
>in ICT and relevant technologies that can support existing and future
>developments and efforts and promote global green revolutions.
>
>Researchers and professionals are encouraged to submit original relevant
>contributions in all major areas, which include, but not limited to:
> Green standardizations for systems, devices, interfaces, adapters 
>Visions, ideas, roadmaps, and solutions on green standardizations for ICT
>and relevant technologies  Test suites for assessment of green
>standardizations and solutions  Green battery solutions  Green
>standardizations for computing and information technologies  Green
>standardizations for electronics  Green standardizations for Internet of
>things  Green standardizations for smart grids  Green standardizations
>for communications and networking  Procedure for recycling materials in
>information and communication technology goods  Measurement methods to
>characterize rare metals in information and communication technology
>goods  Best practices for green data centers and cloud computing 
>Energy and resource efficiency metrics and measurement  Standardizations
>for green offices and buildings  Overview and general principles of
>methodologies for assessing the environmental impact of information and
>communication technologies  Methodology for environmental life cycle
>assessment  Methodology for energy consumption and greenhouse gas
>emissions impact assessment of information and communication technologies
>in organizations  Framework for information and communication
>technologies and adaptation to the effects of climate change  Life-cycle
>management of ICT goods  Surveys on any topics of green standardizations
>
>[Submission Procedure]
>
>Submitted papers must represent original material which is not currently
>under review in any other conference or journal and has not been
>previously published. Paper length should not exceed five-page standard
>IEEE conference two-column format (including all text, figures, and
>references). Please see the Author Information page for submission
>guidelines in the IEEE GLOBECOM 2015 web
>sitehttp://globecom2015.ieee-globecom.org/. All submitted papers will go
>through a peer review process. All accepted and presented papers will be
>included in the IEEE GLOBECOM 2015 proceedings and IEEE digital library.
>IEEE reserves the right to exclude an accepted and registered but not
>presented paper from the IEEE digital library.
>
>[Sponsors]
>- IEEE Communications Society
>- IEEE Technical Committee on Green Communications and Computing
>- IEEE Research Project on Vision for Green ICT Standardizations
>- IEEE Tecnhical SubCommittee on Big Data
>
>[Organizing Committee]
>General Co-Chairs
> Shengjie Zhao (Tongji University, China)  Thierry E. Klein (Bell Labs,
>Alcatel-Lucent, USA)  Chih-Lin I (China Mobile Research Institute, China)
>
>Technical Program Committee (TPC) Co-Chairs  Mohammad Asad Rehman
>Chaudhry (Soptimizer, and University of Toronto, Canada)  Jinsong Wu
>(Universidad de Chile, Chile)  Christos Verikoukis (Telecommunications
>Technological Centre of Catalonia, Spain)  RangaRao Venkatesha Prasad
>(Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
>
>Steering Committee
> Shengjie Zhao (Tongji University, China)  Jinsong Wu (Universidad de
>Chile, Chile)  Gilbert Buty (Alcatel-Lucent, France)
>
>Invited Speaker and Panel Co-Chairs
> William Miller (Maximum Control Technologies (MaCT), USA)  Wai Pang Ng
>(Northumbria University, UK)  Sumei Sun (Institute for Infocomm
>Research, Singapore)
>
>Publicity Co-Chairs
> RangaRao Venkatesha Prasad (Delft University of Technology, The
>Netherlands)  William Liu (Auckland University of Technology, New
>Zealand)
>
>
>Technical Program Committee Members
>-Niranth Amogh, Huawei Technologies, India
>-Angelos Antonopoulos, Telecommunications Technological Centre of
>Catalonia (CTTC), Spain
>-Zakia Asad, University of Toronto, Canada
>-Cicek Cavdar,KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
>-Marco Di Renzo, French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS),
>France
>-Fabrizio Granelli, University of Trento, Italy
>-Muhammad Ali Imran, University of Surrey, UK
>-Martin Jacobsson, Uppsala University, Sweden
>-Elli Kartsakli,Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC), Spain
>-Kimon Kontovasilis, NCSR Demokritos, Greece
>-William Liu, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand
>-Antonio Manzalini, Telecom Italia, Italy
>-Michela Meo, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
>-Paolo Monti, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
>-Bruce Nordman, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA
>-Kostas Ramantas, Iquadrat Informatica, Greece
>-Harry Skianis, University of the Aegean, Greece
>-Stefano Tennina, University of L¹Aquila, Italy
>-Lin Tian, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
>-Roger Tipley, Schneider Electric, USA
>-John Vardakas, IQUADRAT Informatica S. L. Barcelona, Spain
>-Jinwei He, China Mobile Research Institute, China
>-Neelesh Mehta, Indian Institute of Science, India
>-Qi Sun, China Mobile Research Institute, China
>-Zhikun Xu, China Mobile Research Institute, China
>