Subject: A standard for XML - JSON mapping.

From: Jeyan Gopalakrishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 07:55:17 +0530

Hello,

Recently I was looking at some online tools which can transfer XML document
to JSON. There are plenty of such tools but every tool gave a different
"type" of JSON.(Seems some are adding underscore, hyphen ... to the
attribute names...).Is it possible for us to have a standard to define
this.Such a "standard" would allow programming languages to have these as
part of their libraries. And in addition to this the programmers who work
on migrating applications to use JSON as data-interchange format which are
currently using XML would find it easy due to the fact that a client
application can be migrated without worrying about he server application
and vice -versa.I not sure if this qualifies for a post here, but posting
this here just out of curiosity.

Thanks
Jeyan G

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 08:02:39 +0100

On 2016-01-31 03:25, Jeyan Gopalakrishnan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently I was looking at some online tools which can transfer XML
> document to JSON. There are plenty of such tools but every tool gave a
> different "type" of JSON.(Seems some are adding underscore, hyphen ...
> to the attribute names...).Is it possible for us to have a standard to
> define this.Such a "standard" would allow programming languages to have
> these as part of their libraries. And in addition to this the
> programmers who work on migrating applications to use JSON as
> data-interchange format which are currently using XML would find it easy
> due to the fact that a client application can be migrated without
> worrying about he server application and vice -versa.I not sure if this
> qualifies for a post here, but posting this here just out of curiosity.
>
> Thanks
> Jeyan G

Did you see 
<https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SS9H2Y_7.1.0/com.ibm.dp.doc/json_jsonx.html>?

Best regards, Julian