Subject: yang model easy editor

From: Hosnieh Rafiee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 23:01:10 +0100

Hi,

I need to modify a document which is yang model. I tried to use eclipse 
extension so that there can be easy way to do this modification without 
causing compilation error but unfortunately this extension is not user 
friendly.

Is there other good Yang editor that can simplify the work. for 
instance, compare or show the XML syntax so that the debugging can be 
easier...

I would appreciate any help.
Further if there is any quick reference (except the long RFC), I would 
also appreciate it.
Thanks,
Best,
Hosnieh

---

From: Riccardo Bernardini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 22:29:57 +0100

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 11:01 PM, Hosnieh Rafiee <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Is there other good Yang editor that can simplify the work. for instance,
> compare or show the XML syntax so that the debugging can be easier...
>
I am an Emacs user.  I never edited yang files, but I see that it has a
"yang mode" (http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/YangMode).  YMMV, but usually
emacs modes are well-done, even if very keyboard-oriented (that is why I
like emacs...).  I know that you can find emacs version for almost any
platform.

Riccardo

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 13:44:09 -0800

Hosnieh,

See http://www.yang-central.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/YangTools

Regards, Benoit
> Hi,
>
> I need to modify a document which is yang model. I tried to use 
> eclipse extension so that there can be easy way to do this 
> modification without causing compilation error but unfortunately this 
> extension is not user friendly.
>
> .