Subject: all for RFC Series Oversight Committee (RSOC) Nominations

From: IAB Executive Administrative Manager <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 10:41:27 -0800

As specified in "RFC Editor Model (Version 2)" (RFC 6635), the IAB is 
responsible for appointing the members of the RFC Series Oversight 
Committee (RSOC).  Alexey Melnikov is planning to step down from his 
role on the RSOC when he is seated on the IESG in April 2016.  The IAB 
thanks him for his service.

The IAB is now looking for a community member to appoint to the RSOC. 
This message is a call for nominations for that position.  If you are 
interested, or there is someone you know of who would make a good 
member, please nominate yourself or that person.

As noted in RFC 6635, the RSOC, which currently includes two IAB 
members, acts with authority delegated from the IAB, and the RSOC is 
responsible for approving consensus policy and vision documents 
developed by the RFC Series Editor (RSE) in collaboration with the 
community.  The RSOC is also responsible for ensuring that the RFC 
Series is run in a transparent and accountable manner.  For decisions 
that affect the RFC Series Editor individually, the RSOC prepares 
recommendations for the IAB, such as preparing the performance reviews 
of the RSE.  RSOC members are expected to recognize potential conflicts 
of interest and behave accordingly.

If you would like to nominate a candidate for membership in the RSOC, 
please send information on the candidate, including their email address, 
to iab-chair at iab.org and execd at iab.org.  Self-nominations are 
acceptable.

The current membership of the RSOC can be seen at http://www.iab.org/
activities/programs/rfc-editor-program/.

Nominations should be received by 24 February 2016.

The IAB will confirm individuals willingness to be considered, and 
publish the resulting list so that the community can provide comments 
before the IAB makes any decisions on RSOC membership.

The new member will begin serving on the RSOC at IETF 95 in Buenos 
Aires.

The current focus of the RSOC is on:

1) Overseeing and assisting the RSE in the process of evolving the RFC 
format and style.

2) Periodic reviews of the RFSE performance.

3) Working with the RSE and the IETF Administrative Oversight Committee 
(IAOC) on the statements of work for contracts related to the RFC 
Production Center and RFC Publisher.

The RSOC usually has a one-hour teleconference once a month, a lunch at 
every IETF meeting, and a half-day in-person meeting once a year 
(usually scheduled the weekend before an IETF meeting at the same venue.  
More time may be required if the applicant participates in leadership of 
the committee, design teams, or other related activities. RSOC members 
are expected to follow the rfc-interest mailing list, a usually low-
volume list for internal communication, and to be familiar with 
discussion topics related to the RFC series on the [email-masked] list.

For the IAB,
Cindy Morgan
IAB Executive Administrative Manager