Subject: Sad news: Prof.Suguru Yamaguchi passed on May 9th, 2016

From: Hiroshi Esaki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 09:01:11 +0900

To whom knows Prof.Suguru Yamaguchi,

   http://www.wide.ad.jp/news/press/20160512-e.html

Professor Suguru Yamaguchi, who is a founding member, the active board  
member of WIDE project, and active participant of IETF activities has  
taken an eternal sleep on May 9th 2016. We want to sincerely pray for  
his precious soul with our best respect and gratitude.
suguru has worked with wide variety of organizations and individuals  
regarding all about the Internet, including the IETF. His work,  
contribution and outstanding leadership is truly global. He contributed  
the creation and delivery of the Internet development and deployment of  
the global Internet, and the delivery of platform for the future of the  
planet and for the next generation. His collaboration and cooperation is  
with all the stakeholders related with the Internet, which are academia,  
industry and government.
We are planning some opportunities to express our respects and gratitude  
to suguru, with related organizations, such as NAIST, CKP or JPCERT/CC.

			May 12, 2016
			Jun Murai, Founder, WIDE Project
			Hiroshi Esaki, Director, WIDE Project

-- 
=======================================

Hiroshi ESAKI, Ph.D
  Professor,
  Graduate School of Information Science and Technology,
  The University of Tokyo,
  102A2, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
  Email   [email-masked]
  TEL : +81-3-5841-7465
  FAX : +81-3-5841-7465
  http://www.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp/
  http://hiroshi1.hongo.wide.ad.jp/hiroshi/index.html

---

From: David Conrad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 13:34:10 +0200

Esaki-san,

Very sad. Suguru indeed did amazing work and I'll always remember his kindness and energy.  My condolences to his family and many friends.

Regards,
-drc

> On May 13, 2016, at 2:01 AM, Hiroshi Esaki <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Professor Suguru Yamaguchi, who is a founding member, the active board member of WIDE project, and active participant of IETF activities has taken an eternal sleep on May 9th 2016. We want to sincerely pray for his precious soul with our best respect and gratitude.
> suguru has worked with wide variety of organizations and individuals regarding all about the Internet, including the IETF. His work, contribution and outstanding leadership is truly global. He contributed the creation and delivery of the Internet development and deployment of the global Internet, and the delivery of platform for the future of the planet and for the next generation. His collaboration and cooperation is with all the stakeholders related with the Internet, which are academia, industry and government.
> We are planning some opportunities to express our respects and gratitude to suguru, with related organizations, such as NAIST, CKP or JPCERT/CC.
> 
> 			May 12, 2016