Subject: Mailing lists, venues, Singapore, IETF 100

From: "Leslie Daigle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 15:39:18 -0400

Hi,

I think some people have been having issues with messages and mailing 
lists.  I am afraid we have a couple of e-mail addresses that are 
confusingly similar in name.  Let me disambiguate:

[email-masked]

This was set up for the bof of that name at IETF95.  It is the mailing 
list for discussion of the IAOC meeting requirements draft.  It  *is* a 
regular IETF mailing list for discussion — please subscribe and 
contribute to the discussion.  See  
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mtgvenue .

[email-masked]

This is where we have asked people to post comments on identified 
locations.  It is not a discussion list, but is meant to gather 
_considered input_ to the IAOC meetings selection process.   If anybody 
still used them, we might have considered setting up a wiki (and may yet 
— volunteers to maintain?).   The list info page 
(https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/venue-selection ) says:

“This mailing list acts as a dropbox for community input on venue 
selection (sites, process). The list recipients are current members of 
the IAOC or its meetings committee. The archive is PUBLIC, but as a drop 
box, it is not meant for discussion threads.”

As such, if you copy it on an ongoing discussion on the IETF list (for 
example), your message will be rejected as too many recipients:  the 
IAOC is reading the ongoing discussions here, and the IETF mailing list 
holds the discussion.  If you have input you simply want to share to the 
meetings review team, or when you have a summary position to the IAOC, 
please submit it there.

Apologies for any confusion:  naming is hard!

Leslie.

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Leslie Daigle
Principal, ThinkingCat Enterprises LLC
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------