Subject: A message from the facilitators about the current threads

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 15:58:37 -0700

This is a message from your friendly mailing list facilitators. Remember
when Jari announced that 
experiment?
(http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg97290.html). Our goal
is to 
help discussions on this list be more productive. The thread that we are
seeing now is quite a 
challenge for us. One the one hand, the discussion of the IETF values and
mode of operation is 
entirely on topic for the list. On the other hand, the emotions are high and
the number of messages 
is so large that it is hard to follow. So, how about a few simple
recommendations to keep this 
discussion productive?

* don't post to multiple mailing lists.
* if this is about supporting diversity in the IETF, consider using the 
   list [email-masked] (https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/diversity)
* if this is about selection of meeting venues, consider using the 
   list [email-masked] (https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mtgvenue)
* if you just want to send feedback to the IAOC about meeting venues 
   without participating in a discussion, consider dropping an e-mail to 
   [email-masked]. The archive is public, but the list is not
meant for discussions.

We all have a history of working reasonably well together, so I am sure that
you know the usual steps. Think 
before you post. Try hard to understand what the other participants are
saying. Don't write stuff that you 
will later regret. Maybe pause for a day before you come back to the
discussion.

Thanks!

-- Christian Huitema