Subject: Facilitators experiment

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2016 10:57:07 -0700

Hi Dave,

For context, please see 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg97290.html 
There is an existing BCP about [email-masked].  Instead of referring 
to that document I'll be candid.

Within the last few years I administered [1] two high volume Working 
Group mailing lists.  The task here is a facilitators 
experiment.  Nobody has tried that before.  I'll use the word 
"ineffective" to describe the task I have done up to now.  I'll ask 
you to choose something which will make this mailing list easier for 
you.  At my end, I'll have to determine whether that something is 
doable.  I'll also have to figure whether that something matches the 
expectations of the other [email-masked] subscribers.

In simple terms, please tell me one thing which you would like to see.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. It is process stuff

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 02:28:00 -0700

Hello,

I received a reply to the message at 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg98607.html  In 
the reply, the person mentioned that the biggest problem in coping 
with high-volume discursive discussions is knowing which messages to 
read.  The suggestion is to contact each person who starts a new 
topic of discussion without also changing the subject header [1] of 
the message and ask him/her to try and start a new topic of 
discussion in future by also changing the subject header.

Changing the subject header is optional.  If it is easy for you, 
please consider giving it a try.  If you do not think that it is a 
good idea, or have any other reason for not doing it, it is okay not 
to give it a try.  At my end, I can give this experiment a try until 
23 September if what I am doing is not considered as objectionable.

The next step is for me to figure out whether having a subject header 
which matches the new topic of discussion is what [email-masked] 
subscribers expect.  Could you please comment by Friday 17 June about 
whether it matches, or does not match, your expectations?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. A simple explanation is that the subject header of this message is 
"Facilitators experiment".