Subject: Re: Facilitators experiment

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2016 11:21:26 -0700

S Moonesamy wrote:

> The suggestion is to contact each person who starts a new topic of
> discussion without also changing the subject header [1] of the message
> and ask him/her to try and start a new topic of discussion in future
> by also changing the subject header.

Speaking as an IETF outsider (2 RFCs, acknowledged in some others, but
no meetings) who has nevertheless followed the Singapore thread, I think
this effort may be limited to the extent people are even aware they are
starting a new topic. Most of the topic changes in the thread were
gradual segues rather than abrupt shifts.

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 00:00:00 -0700

Hello,
>gradual segues rather than abrupt shifts.

That is a good point.

I received another reply.  One of the points in the reply was that it 
is "intrusive to have [the facilitator] individually emailing people 
to ask them to change the header every time they fail to do so".

As the suggestion at 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg98649.html does 
not match the expectations of [email-masked] subscribers, it is better 
not to try it.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy