Subject: IAB announces IRTF Chair appointment

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 10:09:05 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

After having served as IRTF chair since 2011, Lars Eggert will step
down as Internet Research Task Force (IRTF) chair during IETF 98 in
March 2017.

The IAB has appointed Allison Mankin as his successor, and in the
months to come Allison will be working with Lars in transitioning
responsibilities.

Allison Mankin is an Internet protocol lead and researcher based in
the Washington DC area, and holds the position of Senior Director,
Public DNS, at Salesforce.  She has a long history in and around the
IETF and IRTF, including serving as Nomcom Chair, Transport AD (most
recently stepping down in 2006), and IPng AD.  In the IRTF, she
chaired the Reliable Multicast RG and then moved it to the IETF as the
RMT WG.  She has worked in a diverse set of industry, academic and
government settings.  Some of her positions prior to Salesforce were
at Verisign, JHU Applied Physics Lab, the US National Science
Foundation (NSF), Bell Labs, and USC/ISI.  As a program director at
the US NSF, Allison was a leader of the Future Internet Design (FIND)
program, which initiated the funding of info-centric networking and
also played an early role in software-defined networking.

On behalf of the IAB I would like to thank Lars for serving the
community by fulfilling the role with zeal and thank Allison for
taking up the responsibility.  I would also like to thank the other
volunteers for this position; with so many good candidates, it was a
difficult choice for the IAB.

For more information about the IRTF, please see https://irtf.org/.

Andrew Sullivan
for the IAB

-- 
IAB Chair (Andrew Sullivan)
[email-masked]