Subject: Re: DMARC and ietf.org

From: Rich Kulawiec <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 16:05:27 -0400

On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 09:12:47AM -0000, John Levine wrote:
> I've found that the best place to do anti-DMARC stuff is in a shim
> between the list package and the sendmail program, since it can do
> whatever you want to the message and it still works when you upgrade
> the list software.

Do you recommend this on the inbound or outbound side?  That is: before
the MTA hands off to the MLM, or after the MLM hands off to the MTA?

---rsk

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Aug 2016 20:32:54 -0000

>the MTA hands off to the MLM, or after the MLM hands off to the MTA?

The latter, after the MLM has made whatever changes it's going to make
so the shim can put on a shiny new valid DKIM signature with the
list's domain, and in the near future can add the appropriate ARC glop.

R's,
JOhn