Subject: L7 protocol design

From: Philippe Duke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 11:57:40 +0200

Hello, dear IETF community. I would like to develop L7 protocol for my
application and public documentation about it. Good protocol development
is quite difficult stage, but not a problem. But at the same time, I
don't have any experience writing protocol documentations (RFC's).

What guidelines do you have?

Is the RFC 4253 (SSH) good example of document design? Should I follow
same principle?

Please give me some examples how to make it correct. Even examples of
very simple protocols.

What I need as requirements:

    TCP/UDP transport

    Authentication

    Encryption

    Sequence control

My protocol would carry small status messages like (10-20 bytes with
timestamps and some sort of sequence synchronization).

Thank you very much for your answers. Sorry for posting into the general
list.

-- 
Philippe Duke
Network software engineer
System-level developer

NetAssist LLC
Ukraine
Khreshchatyk Street, 10B, office 8
AS29632

http://netassist.ua
Our GitHub Repository:
https://github.com/netassist-ua