Subject: Review of draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc5987bis-04

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 03:46:42 -0800

Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review result: Ready

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc5987bis-??
Reviewer: Stewart Bryant
Review Date: 2017-02-23
IETF LC End Date: 2017-02-20
IESG Telechat date: 2017-03-02

Summary: 

Thus is ready for publication. There are two minor nits, but these can
be delegated to the RFC Editor.

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments: 

Should say

Obsoletes: RFC5987 (if approved) ("RFC" missing)

Extended notation, using the Unicode characters U+00A3 ("£", POUND
SIGN) and U+20AC ("€", EURO SIGN):

My European computer can display £ and €, but not sure if all can or
whether the RFC series supports these symbols. There symbols were not
present in RFC5987, they were just named.

FYI
Nits complains about obsoleting RFC2231 can be ignored
The nits complaint about RFC2616 can be ignored
The nits complaint about RFC2978 cab be ignored

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 12:50:49 +0100

Hi Stewart,

thanks a lot.

 > ...

No. See <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7322#section-4.1.4>.

> present in RFC5987, they were just named.

Yes, that's intentional.

The new RFC format (see RFC 7990 etc) allows the use of non-ASCII 
characters for things like I18N related examples and contact 
information, and that's exactly how it is used here.

Best regards, Julian