Subject: Review of draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-11

From: Joel Halpern <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 15:03:40 -0800

Reviewer: Joel Halpern
Review result: Not Ready

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-??
Reviewer: Joel Halpern
Review Date: 2017-02-02
IETF LC End Date: 2017-02-13
IESG Telechat date: 2017-02-16

Summary: This document is ready for publication as a Proposed
Standard

Major issues: N/A

Minor issues:
    Why is the example if section 4 (and others later on) described
as
"non-normative"?  Is it incomplete?  incorrect?  An example is, by
definition, not a full specification.  The language seems designed to
reduce the value of the example.  I would recommend removing all the
"non-normative" notes from the examples.  They are clearly stated to
be examples. 

Nits/editorial comments:

---

From: Nat Sakimura <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 14:14:22 +0000

Thanks Joel,

-11 only contains the fixes to the comments received by Jan. 17. I am now
applying all the edits needed for the comments received after that.
The next version will fix the problem you have pointed out.

Best,

Nat

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 8:03 AM Joel Halpern <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>
-- 

Nat Sakimura

Chairman of the Board, OpenID Foundation