Subject: Looking for more Discussion on IETF Hubs: draft-atlas-community-hubs-00.txt

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 15:00:08 -0500

After some discussions, I realized that it would be useful to write up in
more detail the motivations and ideas around IETF Community Hubs - as well
as what we've been doing experimentally in Boston.

If you're interested in discussing the idea of geographically based IETF
groups with some outreach aspects, please do take a look.   I sent the
initial pointer to the draft to [email-masked] - but realized that may not
have reached everyone interested.

Regards,
Alia

P.S.  Rich Salz organized the last Boston meeting that was yesterday; we
had almost 40 people with 3 talks focused on aspects of privacy and
security.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 12:49 PM
Subject: I-D Action: draft-atlas-community-hubs-00.txt
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : IETF Community Hubs
        Author          : Alia Atlas
        Filename        : draft-atlas-community-hubs-00.txt
        Pages           : 9
        Date            : 2017-02-16

Abstract:
   IETF Community Hubs are geographically-focused groups that facilitate
   participation in IETF activities.  An IETF Community Hub may have
   different focuses, depending upon the interests of those
   participating, such as cross-area learning, outreach, mentoring,
   problem refinement, implementation and interop testing, and social.
   An IETF Community Hub's focuses and the energy of its coordinators
   will determine what types of activities are organized.  Sample
   activities may include sessions of technical talks, social get-
   togethers, remote hubs during some IETF WG meetings, hackathons, etc.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atlas-community-hubs/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-atlas-community-hubs-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt