Subject: Proposed Changes to License Agreements between ICANN and IETF Trust

From: The IETF Trust <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 06:43:47 -0700

All;

We are in the process of transferring the IANA domains to the Trust
from ICANN using CSC as the registrar.

The agreement with CSC requires the incorporation of the IANA IPR
License Agreements’ Exhibit E Domain Name Registrar Requirements. 
Exhibit E is the same in each of the three IANA IPR License
Agreements between the Trust and ICANN, specifically the licenses
for the IANA Names Services, the IANA Numbers Services and the IANA
Protocol Parameter Services.

The implementation of the domain name registrar requirements needed
additional details than in the current Exhibit E. These details have
been worked out with ICANN, reviewed by the CCG and approved by the
IETF Trust for this review by the community.

Specifically the proposed changes affect the following: under the
circumstance where the Administrative and Technical Contacts must
approve the change to the Technical Contact the Registrar must
provide notice of a receipt of a request to each to change the
Technical Contact.

Additionally, under the circumstance where the Registrant (Trust)
can override the need for the other parties to approve a change to
the Technical Contact, the Registrant must provide documentation
that notice of the change was provided to both the Administrative
and Technical Contacts and that no response was received after a
period of no less than ten business days.

These conditions are also incorporated under the circumstances where
the domain is set to prohibit registrar transfers, to prohibit
deletions, and to remove the configuration to renew the domain
automatically.

A markup of the License Agreement Exhibit E reflects those proposed
details and can be found here as Proposed Amendment to License
Agreements 1 May 17: https://trustee.ietf.org/iana.html

CSC has agreed that it can implement the proposed changes.

It is believed the next steps are:

  a.  Community Review
  b.  Acceptance of proposed changes to Exhibit E by the Trust
  c.  Trust and ICANN execute amendments to the three License 
	Agreements
  d.  Incorporate the changes in CSC Agreement Schedule A
	(Schedule A is the same as Exhibit E of the License Agreements)
  e.  Trust puts Schedule A of the CSC Agreement out for Community 
	Review 
  f.  Community Review
  g.  Trust executes CSC Agreement
  h.  CSC Test of conformance to the requirements 
  i.  All IANA domains transferred upon successful test

Your feedback by 17 May 2017 on the proposed amendments to Exhibit E
of the IANA IPR License Agreements and the next steps are
appreciated.

Thanks.

Kaveh Ranjbar
Chair
IETF Trust