Subject: Remote participation

From: Loganaden Velvindron <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 15:41:14 +0400

Dear IETF folks,

I would like to discuss about one thing:

I am from Mauritius, which is still a emerging country. The average
salary of 50% of the working population is around $430 (USD). In the
IT sector, its slightly higher depending on the job. It's great that
remote participation is now available, and thanks to the team behind
this.

My group was able to participate in both IETF 98 & IETF 99 remotely,
and produce working code for the hackathon & contribute to Internet
Drafts.

For the majority of people in our region, we cannot afford to travel
to the IETF, and most employers would not pay an IETF trip. It's great
that remote participation is free, but I believe that we can
contribute financially, according to our means.

Would such as option be made available to remote participants at the
time of registration ?

Kind regards,
Logan

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 23:03:57 +0300

> On 1 Aug 2017, at 14:41, Loganaden Velvindron <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear IETF folks,
> 

Hi, Logan

Donations to the IETF are possible through ISOC:

https://www.isoc.org/apps/ietf-donation/ <https://www.isoc.org/apps/ietf-donation/>
https://www.sustainietf.org <https://www.internetsociety.org/form/donate-ietfendowment>

This is available regardless of registration to any particular meeting.

HTH

Yoav