Subject: Nomcon photographs

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 13:55:11 -0400

I was just filling out some nomcom comments and noticed that some of the
candidates have thumbnail photographs next to their names and others don't.

The photographs are really useful because there are a lot of people that I
know from mailing list discussions and hallway discussions but don't
necessarily connect both sets of interactions.

I also looked to see if there was a way to upload a photograph to my own
profile which I don't see which suggests that these photos are being pulled
from some resource that some folk can edit and others can't.

It would make for a fairer playing field if everyone had photos or at least
the chance to upload them.

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 15:47:47 -0500

On 10/24/18 12:55 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
> I was just filling out some nomcom comments and noticed that some of 
> the candidates have thumbnail photographs next to their names and 
> others don't.
>
> The photographs are really useful because there are a lot of people 
> that I know from mailing list discussions and hallway discussions but 
> don't necessarily connect both sets of interactions.
>
> I also looked to see if there was a way to upload a photograph to my 
> own profile which I don't see which suggests that these photos are 
> being pulled from some resource that some folk can edit and others can't.
Right now, anyone can send a photo to the secretariat be added to their 
profile. For the last several years, only the secretariat could add or 
remove photos.

We have a work item in queue to make managing photos a self-service task.
>
> It would make for a fairer playing field if everyone had photos or at 
> least the chance to upload them.