Subject: Observers at IAB teleconfernces

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 14:11:30 -0700

As noted in September, the IAB recently agreed to make its agendas 
public.  After some further discussion on necessary logistics, the IAB 
has now also unanimously agreed to open its teleconferences to observers.

Call-in details will be available with the posted agendas, found here:

https://www.iab.org/wiki/index.php/Agenda

The agenda will be posted 48 hours before the call begins.  IAB 
teleconferences are currently normally scheduled for the first, second, 
and fourth Wednesday of the month at 2000 UTC. The timing of calls is 
generally re-assessed after each new IAB is seated, so this may change.

Observers are asked to join the call early to minimize disruption, and 
to identify themselves to the Secretariat when they join. The names of 
the identified observers will be part of the minutes. The Secretariat 
will mute the observers, and will make an announcement at the beginning 
of the meeting asking them to remain muted unless called on by the 
meeting chair.

Observers and liaisons will be asked to leave the teleconference for 
executive sessions. Typically, the IAB goes into executive session to 
avoid represent reputational risk for an individual or group; for 
example, discussion of appointments or sensitive external relationships.

regards,

Ted Hardie

for the IAB

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 00:08:12 +0000

Good stuff, 
S.

---

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 20:26:43 -0400

Ted,
     Thanks for thoughtfully considering the request and deciding to
make the meetings open to observers.

Regards,
Brian

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 11:45:35 -0700

> has now also unanimously agreed to open its teleconferences to

excellent.  thank you.

randy