Subject: IETF 103 Remote participation and Sunday tutorials

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 22:09:33 -0400

Hi.

It appears from the official agenda that we have reverted to not
making the Sunday tutorials available to remote participants.
The newcomers and "bringing new work" sessions are, I believe
the most important but, if the IETF wants to be welcome to
newcomers, not having these sessions available for remote
participation, allowing remote participants to ask questions in
real time, etc., seems inappropriate.

If there is some particular reason why that is not possible with
this site, should that be added to the site selection criteria?
And, if not, what is going on?

  thanks,
     john

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 21:10:32 -0700

John,

I am not sure why it doesn’t appear as such on the official agenda, but the tutorials will be streamed at 103. See Meetecho's own IETF 103 website <http://ietf103.conf.meetecho.com/>.  I will look into this; hopefully we can get the published agenda corrected right away.

Alexa 

> On Oct 29, 2018, at 7:09 PM, John C Klensin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi.
>

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 00:15:03 -0400

Alexa,

Great news.  Thanks.
   john

--On Monday, October 29, 2018 21:10 -0700 Alexa Morris
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> John,
> 
> I am not sure why it doesn't appear as such on the official
> agenda, but the tutorials will be streamed at 103. See
> Meetecho's own IETF 103 website
> <http://ietf103.conf.meetecho.com/>.  I will look into this;
> hopefully we can get the published agenda corrected right away.
> 
> Alexa 
> 
>> It appears from the official agenda that we have reverted to
>> not making the Sunday tutorials available to remote
>> participants. The newcomers and "bringing new work" sessions
>> are, I believe the most important but, if the IETF wants to
>> be welcome to newcomers, not having these sessions available
>> for remote participation, allowing remote participants to ask
>> questions in real time, etc., seems inappropriate.
>> 
>> If there is some particular reason why that is not possible
>> with this site, should that be added to the site selection
>> criteria? And, if not, what is going on?
>> 
>>  thanks,
>>     john
>> 
>