Subject: Re: IPv6 was Re: www.irtf.org unreachable?

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 02:48:49 -0800

Hi Lloyd,
At 02:39 PM 10-11-2018, Lloyd Wood wrote:
>I am not expecting to receive plug and play IPv6
>anytime soon.

One of the interesting points in a presentation [1] was that: "IPv6 
was designed as a solution to a different Internet".  There was an PR 
about an IPv6 implementation [2].  There was a presentation from a 
Routing Area Director about gracefully sun-setting IPv4 [3].

In 1998, IPv6 was described as the "IP Next Generation" [4].

>But perhaps another World IPv6 Day will finally make
>a difference!

The rate of IPv6 adoption went from 0.4% to 0.8% on that day.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://ripe76.ripe.net/presentations/9-2018-05-17-ipv6-reasons.pdf
2. http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2018/11/07/msg059534.html
3. https://ipv6.br/forum/slides/6forumv6-AlvaroRetana15.pptx
4. https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc2460