Subject: [EAI] -framework discussion seems to be finished

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:08:00 +0100

Since nobody's posted anything about framework-03 here recently, I'm 
assuming that there's nothing more that needs saying about it.

Framework -04 will be posted shortly, and there will be an 1-week pause 
to allow people the chance to protest before we send the document to the 
IESG for approval.

               Harald

_______________________________________________
IMA mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ima

---

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 17:14:00 +0100

-04 was posted, with a date on my disk of December 13, 20:30 CET 
(European time).

One week from then is December 20, 20:30 CET. If no show-stopper issues 
have been found by then, we'll send it to the IESG for Last Call and 
approval.

                   Harald

Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> Framework -04 will be posted shortly, and there will be an 1-week 
> pause to allow people the chance to protest before we send the 
> document to the IESG for approval.
>
>               Harald
>
>

---

From: "Charles Lindsey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 13:23:43 -0000

> have been found by then, we'll send it to the IESG for Last Call and  

My view is (as you might expect) that it should be regarded as complete,  
but left in a frozen state until we are nearer completion with our other  
documents. The protocols described in those are still far from complete,  
and may yet bring up some issue which might require some revision of the  
framework.

I do not see what is gained by having the framework on its own as a  
published RFC. Its main use now is a a guide for us in working out the  
details in the other documents.

-- 
Charles H. Lindsey ---------At Home, doing my own thing------------------------
Tel: +44 161 436 6131                       
   Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Email: [email-masked]      Snail: 5 Clerewood Ave, CHEADLE, SK8 3JU, U.K.
PGP: 2C15F1A9      Fingerprint: 73 6D C2 51 93 A0 01 E7 65 E8 64 7E 14 A4 AB A5