Subject: [EAI] Downgrade testing

From: Ernie Dainow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:19:48 -0400

We have tested our EAI implementation largely in an internal environment 
and with other implementers, as reported on the Interoperability Testing 
Wiki at http://cslab.kr/eai-test/index.php/Main_Page

The Downgrade test reported on the wiki basically tested against gmail. 
It would be valuable to do more testing 'in the wild' to see how 
Downgrade traverses various email systems in other organizations.

Here are some results from a few such tests.
1. email sent to gmail.com is received directly, with downgraded headers 
(as reported on wiki).
1. email sent to yahool.com is received directly, with downgraded headers.
2. email sent to our company address gets blocked by the spam filter 
with a "Invalid mail header" error. However, as a user, I am able to 
release the message and it gets delivered.

I can easily send the same test email to others. If you are interested 
in participating in this test, please send me a reply. I will send out a 
mailing later this week. As a participant, all you need to do is report 
whether you received the email and other notes of interest, such as if 
the email was blocked.

The results will be compiled and posted on the wiki. Other implementers 
can run the same test. In the end we should end up with a test result 
matrix that looks something like the following:

              Downgrade Test Results
Messages              Implementation 1      Implementation 2  ...
Total Sent              3
Delivered               66%
Blocked                 33%
Other                     0

    - Ernie

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 21:56:35 +0200

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:19:48AM -0400,
 Ernie Dainow <[email-masked]> wrote 

> Downgrade traverses various email systems in other organizations.

You can test against various auto-responders which send you back your
message (if you know other email addresses of auto-responders, do not
hesitate to publish them).

* [email-masked] 
* [email-masked] 
* [email-masked] 
* [email-masked] 
* [email-masked] 
* [email-masked]
* [email-masked]
* [email-masked] 
* [email-masked]
* [email-masked]