Subject: [EAI] RFC 5721 on POP3 Support for UTF-8

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:53:15 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5721

        Title:      POP3 Support for UTF-8 
        Author:     R. Gellens, C. Newman
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       February 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 26250
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-eai-pop-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5721.txt

This specification extends the Post Office Protocol version 3 (POP3)
to support un-encoded international characters in user names,
passwords, mail addresses, message headers, and protocol-level
textual error strings.  This document defines an Experimental 
Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Email Address Internationalization Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC